Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lunatic

8,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Yes, the show has been full of getting zombie blood in your eyes, cuts, mouth..
Either that was done on purpose, or they really need to be more careful about explaining/showing where the blood goes, where the existing cuts where, et cetera..
Shane had used his knife to stab the zombie, the used it again after on his hand..
and they both got zombie blood in their cuts from fighting.

And I think the whole 'who is a better leader, Shane or Rick?' question might be sorted out soon, since Rick really is starting to see Shane's side of things too, and become more sure of himself and his actions so he can lead them.
PsychoFreak99
While I agree with most of what you say, I believe the attack on the camp was caused by Glen and the car alarm driving straight to the camp site, leading the zombies there. So this could be viewed as Ricks fault for heading back to the city, or perhaps instead even Glens fault, for driving all the way back with the alarm on.

Wait, wait, wait...
Glenn drove back on Rick's first reunition with his family and Shane.
At the very least, two days passed until they went for Merle.
Zombies, I think, have no memory. So what you're saying is complete bullshit. The alarm was cut off the second he arrived at the camp.

Or you're confused.
Rick returns to Atlanta, parking the van he stole on the tracks.
When he returns with the weapons, the van is gone. They walk back to camp.
Rick going back to the city has nothing to do with that.

Dapper Dabbler

6,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Citizen 200
Giuseppe DeAngelo
PsychoFreak99
While I agree with most of what you say, I believe the attack on the camp was caused by Glen and the car alarm driving straight to the camp site, leading the zombies there. So this could be viewed as Ricks fault for heading back to the city, or perhaps instead even Glens fault, for driving all the way back with the alarm on.

Wait, wait, wait...
Glenn drove back on Rick's first reunition with his family and Shane.
At the very least, two days passed until they went for Merle.
Zombies, I think, have no memory. So what you're saying is complete bullshit. The alarm was cut off the second he arrived at the camp.

Or you're confused.
Rick returns to Atlanta, parking the van he stole on the tracks.
When he returns with the weapons, the van is gone. They walk back to camp.
Rick going back to the city has nothing to do with that.
Yes, but they were following Glenn out of the city. By the time the sound was out of range, they might not remember why they were wandering down that road, but that doesn't mean they would stop walking. With their confused shambling, it could take a day or two to reach the camp, or get close enough to hear their conversations.
PsychoFreak99
Yes, but they were following Glenn out of the city. By the time the sound was out of range, they might not remember why they were wandering down that road, but that doesn't mean they would stop walking. With their confused shambling, it could take a day or two to reach the camp, or get close enough to hear their conversations.

I can certainly see your logic in this, but either of us could be right or wrong.
We don't know where the 'Atlanta camp' was located. Glenn had to distract the walkers by driving through the city, then went quite some distance over the highway before reaching the camp..
The greater the distance from the source of a sound, the less you hear it. Ofcourse, in an 'empty' world, I imagine it would be easier to hear than it is in the world we live in.

In theory, it could definitely happen. I just, personally, don't think it's the reason the walkers found the camp.
I disagree with you. The blood they had on their bodies was from when they fought each other. I don't think they got scratched deep enough or any of the zombie's blood got in them.
walking dead is the s**t!!
ehh.... who really cares it just t.v
ninja

Hygienic Raider

EthelbertOddity
Giuseppe DeAngelo
"I don't see any bites, so it must be from scratches."

He knows that you can get infected by a walker coming into contact with your blood.
Yet, he goes on to cut himself in the hand, as does Shane. Later, you can clearly see Rick's hands and face are covered in blood. His blood, Shane's blood as well as the blood from Walkers.
What the ********, Rick?

burning_eyes Why Shane was a better leader to start off with.. and get a damn machete, or sword of some type if your going to do that.. hahahaha

Your crazy, Shane is demented and is a terrible leader, if not for Rick then most everyone would be dead. Not to mention Shane did leave Rick in the hospital then nail his wife. and lets not forget the barn scene when the idiot let the walkers out...he acts to much like he runs EVERYTHING. Shane needs to realize he knows nothing about the world and neds to let Rick run the show altogether.
@ Bloodhound - Shane didn't bang Ricks wife, Lori came onto him and he started to fall for her and then he got all bad a** for her and Carl. Shane saved Rick life in hospitail, he put a bed infront of the door for reason and that saved rick life, cause who knows if the zombie knew how to open a door. Rick is to navie for this zombie show, his morals never changed, but shane's moral did. His way of thinking was probably was.. "We're living in a zombie world and there's nothing we can do about it. So live for survival, ******** the morals." Basically. Shane is not navie, he accepted the truth. Rick is still thinking, morals, while shane is saving everyone life.
BLOODHOUND_Master2580
EthelbertOddity
Giuseppe DeAngelo

He knows that you can get infected by a walker coming into contact with your blood.
Yet, he goes on to cut himself in the hand, as does Shane. Later, you can clearly see Rick's hands and face are covered in blood. His blood, Shane's blood as well as the blood from Walkers.
What the ********, Rick?

burning_eyes Why Shane was a better leader to start off with.. and get a damn machete, or sword of some type if your going to do that.. hahahaha

Your crazy, Shane is demented and is a terrible leader, if not for Rick then most everyone would be dead. Not to mention Shane did leave Rick in the hospital then nail his wife. and lets not forget the barn scene when the idiot let the walkers out...he acts to much like he runs EVERYTHING. Shane needs to realize he knows nothing about the world and neds to let Rick run the show altogether.

Hygienic Raider

x-iTaylor
@ Bloodhound - Shane didn't bang Ricks wife, Lori came onto him and he started to fall for her and then he got all bad a** for her and Carl. Shane saved Rick life in hospitail, he put a bed infront of the door for reason and that saved rick life, cause who knows if the zombie knew how to open a door. Rick is to navie for this zombie show, his morals never changed, but shane's moral did. His way of thinking was probably was.. "We're living in a zombie world and there's nothing we can do about it. So live for survival, ******** the morals." Basically. Shane is not navie, he accepted the truth. Rick is still thinking, morals, while shane is saving everyone life.
BLOODHOUND_Master2580
EthelbertOddity
Giuseppe DeAngelo

What the ********, Rick?

Shane did bang his wife, it hinted many times during the show that Shane always had a thing for Lori, like when it flashed back to Shane telling Lori when Rick got shot. Also keeping morals is what will help them live longer. Going and doing what you please will only cause more problems. Like the incident at the Bar when Rick killed those guys. Thats what happens when you act freely. YOU DIE
Rick should of left Shane in the bus
Giuseppe DeAngelo
EthelbertOddity

Then the debate begins.. as I disagree with you, the ideal of getting them close to do a silent kill. points... though using fresh blood from yourself bad ideal... infection like a mother.. and as we saw in the show.. you might think there's only one or two but a load more can be just out of sight.. why I think it was good ideal, just badly done on ricks part..

As for the sword or machete.. yeah a sword can cut a human head in half with some skill as for the machete, would the the darn thing in half... so faster kills and ready for the next zombie.. as well as you don't get pend down like what happen to both RIck and Shane in the last episode.. the could have cut off hands feet whatever.. though if they bring the girl in from the comic that using the sword you'd see what I mean.. hahaha

Knifes are easy to get and easy to come by. Machetes and long swords are not.
While they have found a machete set in one of the cars, and they should have brought it, I think there is a very simple reason why they haven't:

The intention of this 'trip' was never to come across a lot of zombies. They were going to drop this kid off at a place that had absolutely no zombies. The knifes must've been for the ropes, or whatever.
The two zombies at the gate looked like they belonged there. Like they might have been guards there. Most people won't expect there to be a dozen more inside. It looked empty, and save.
There were burned zombie bodies, like the place was already taken care of. Shane, T-Dog and Andrea also burned the bodies. It looked like it might have even been another camp!

Ofcourse, even if they expected more, and I'm not talking about the bait thing now, but strictly the weapons.
The scene with Rick and the three zombies should be enough to show you why a knife is handy and swords and machetes are not.
While machetes and swords are capable of doing more damage, so to speak, they also need the space to do so. You need to be able to swing it. Unfortunately, that space isn't always there. Zombies don't stand back as you threaten them with a sword, like a human would. They keep walking.
A knife doesn't require that space. A knife is easy to handle and to aim. You get it out of wherever you put it and can use it right away. Anyone with at least one hand can use a knife.
It also doesn't weigh a lot, uses only little space on your body, yadda yadda yadda.

While I do agree that a short sword or machete might be safer, it does bring a lot of negative aspects with it.

burning_eyes Nope... that made no since whatsoever... I'm not sure if you've ever used a sword or machete, but they could stab like three in the head at once, and not need to keep cutting them selfs... also they I think would haven't got surrounded, cause like the kid, brake something on those zombie mofos...

And you see how easy Shane lost his knife, in one zombie... not going to happen with a sword or machete... you cut and keep going and can always knock them back with the hilt of either weapon.. Also you can use a machete or sword with one hand.. it's more difficult to use a gun with one hand or a knife like they had... also unless your walking around with a huge broad sword there not that heavy.. you see how Shane picked up that huge... not sure what type of tool that was.. you think a nice Samurai/ Ninja or Machete would be trouble for him??

So I still disagree with your logick on the whole sword/machete topic... not to your other reply s to me... hahahaha
PsychoFreak99
Giuseppe DeAngelo
EthelbertOddity
Also I was pointing out when shane was the groups leader they had a lot more people and weren't doing that bad.. while Rick means well, he's not thinking long term like Shane had been from the start..

Let's see who left and died since Rick's arrival, shall we?
The first would have to be Merle Dixon. Why did he die? Because Rick handcuffed him. It was the only way to stop him from attracting zombies and attacking other people from the camp.
If T-Dog didn't drop the key, Merle would still have been alive. However, due to his behavior, he'd probably get kicked out anyway.
If that were to be the case, I bet Daryl would have gone with him.

-Ed Peletier, that abusive son of a b***h. He died during 'the attack'.
-As did Amy.
-Jim got bitten during the attack too, but later died.

The attack, thinks Shane, could have gone better if Rick and a few others weren't off looking for Merle and the guns. However, they'd be off fighting the zombies with barely any weapons. I bet, because they only had three guns at max, they'd have been off fighting the zombies with improvised weapons and likely more people would have gotten bitten.
Ofcourse, we will never find out what would have happened.

-The Morales family, two parents and two children.
They left, on their own will, to be with their own family members.
-Jacqui, who chose suicide.
-Sophia Peletier, who Rick attempted to save, but ran away and got bitten.
This wasn't Rick's fault, however.

Shane and Rick, in the first season, are very much alike.
Even in the first bit of the second season, they are.
However, especially after killing Otis, Shane starts to think in a 'survival of the fittest' way.

Rick thinks every human life if valuable and should be saved. He likes to keep the morale high.
He doesn't tell people to do things, he asks them. To him, the world is still the same. What's it worth surviving for if that's the only thing you do in life?

Shane is a boss. Rick is a leader.

burning_eyes Not bad bit tricky.. but not a trick...
Disagrees.. Shane and Rick were never alike at all to me... in the first or current season..
Rick- while yes a good guy(trying to do what's moral..) before the world went to heck.. ok fine.. and what happens.. he gets shot for his trouble... his best friend.. does what.. helps HIM..
seeing things getting worse he locks, the hospital rooms door and then blocks it off too..

Just to give him a fighting chance if he wakes up.. then goes to safe his wife and son.. he could have easily waited until the kid was bit or dead then go after the mom.. no he took em both because he cares about them both... so don't try and write him off as just getting some booty..

Oh and on top of that when Rick does come back.. Shane, doesn't go alpha male on him saying this is, this way, deal with it.. and Lory's just a hoe.. Why I love that Andrea told her off.. saying the truth of she hasn't lost anything.... though her husband was dead.. nope thanks to Shane he come back.. oh and then the same thing with her kid, and then her..

So don't try to write Shane as some type of lone gun, who's lost his mind.. yeah they had a crap load more people with Shane leading.. but guess what they also had there families.. more familys were with them, until Rick took over these are just truths of the show.. So to say Shane was a boss is just wrong... he did what needed to be done and keep everyone save and together.. why didn't Rick Tell Gleen how to Turn off the car alarm, way before they go close to the camp sight.. Shane did as soon as he rolled up..
morganpwns1999
ehh.... who really cares it just t.v
ninja

burning_eyes Which makes it fun to Debate about.. there's not really wrong or right to do things.. just our thoughts on what's going on and the char's... it's all in fun hahaha
Myriad2580
x-iTaylor
BLOODHOUND_Master2580
EthelbertOddity
Giuseppe DeAngelo

What the ********, Rick?

Shane did bang his wife, it hinted many times during the show that Shane always had a thing for Lori, like when it flashed back to Shane telling Lori when Rick got shot. Also keeping morals is what will help them live longer. Going and doing what you please will only cause more problems. Like the incident at the Bar when Rick killed those guys. Thats what happens when you act freely. YOU DIE

burning_eyes For my part of the debate.. Wow this is almost to unfair... you proved my points already..

Shane.. protected his friend in the hospital.. he didn't just run off with the door and windows wide open.. like F this.. he locked him up in that bad boy, and blocked the door.. and Really Lory... I mean was if even a month and she was giving up the booty.. Shane always liked her as the other person said how long did she really wait??

With out Shane Opening the Barn they'd never hay found the lil girl, and to me Shane is just acting like more of a Realist then Rick.. and knows more about the world then Rick.. who napped though the more difficult things.. that Shane had to go throw while protecting Ricks wife and kid...

And In the those A-holes in the bar, where talking about taking women when they found some Taken(the R word), also if your a guy then you know they where more saying well do what we want and your not going to stop us... why is was good that Rick shot those F-ers... remember the first guy was going to shoot Rick.. so that I agree with...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff