Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh you bloody brits. You make the same mistake we do. You listen to our news...

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Because we don't have King's and Queen's stare
It's only married old presidents.

Blessed Genius

I'd rather read about the overhyped Royal Wedding than about any of Lindsay Lohan's latest brushes with the law any day.

Maybe it's just because I'm a big mush-head...it was beautiful and romantic, and they looked SO happy today. It's nice to see a little bit of happiness in the world. Will and Kate look like great, down to earth people that can make a real difference in the world. I wish them nothing but the best.
Benami Foo
Lolas Bri-ish Unicorn
Benami Foo
Taimmi
ii phoenix espeon ii
i honestly don't get why it's so over hyped over here.
i mean seriously, it's just a royal wedding. happens everytime a king or queen dies. gawd. cool

I think you mean Coronation?

DUDE, she is a commoner who gets to step into royalty and be called "Your Royal Highness"... no big deal? Pff yeah right. Plus, did you see how many British people lined up in front of Buckingham Palace just to see them kiss?

Listen, being British myself, I can tell you how many ******** the British population gave. That number is probably less than 100. The rest were tourists/foreigners whose countries don't have royalty so they came to steal ours. The only reason so many British people were there is because of the banquet.

Yeah no. THere were over 1 million people, a lot wearing british stuff. Just because you hate it doesn't mean your country does.

"Wearing British stuff". Wearing British stuff automatically makes you British now? Does that mean if I wrap an American flag around me I am suddenly American? No, no It doesn't. Your argument has just been rendered invalid.
AsilynneOutlaw
Taimmi
AsilynneOutlaw

4) Its a historical moment, the first time in 350 years a Prince close to the British throne married a 'commoner'.

Technically, William was a commoner when he got engaged to Catherine. You are a commoner unless you have a title such as an Earl or Duke. Although he was Prince William of Wales, he was still a 'commoner', although it does sound a little ridiculous that you can be a Prince and a commoner at the same time.
However, now both Wills & Catherine are not commoners as they are the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge!

By the way, I only found out about this a few days ago ^^

His title was Prince and Heir to the throne of England after the current queen and his father. And my source for the information eerything on this page So you can take it up with all those sites that Prince William is a 'commoner' lol

Yes, his title was Prince William of Wales, but unless you are a Duke or Earl, you are still a commoner. Trust me, I'm British and I'm studying history at Uni. smile

Witty Gekko

Lolas Bri-ish Unicorn
Benami Foo
Lolas Bri-ish Unicorn
Benami Foo
Taimmi
ii phoenix espeon ii
i honestly don't get why it's so over hyped over here.
i mean seriously, it's just a royal wedding. happens everytime a king or queen dies. gawd. cool

I think you mean Coronation?

DUDE, she is a commoner who gets to step into royalty and be called "Your Royal Highness"... no big deal? Pff yeah right. Plus, did you see how many British people lined up in front of Buckingham Palace just to see them kiss?

Listen, being British myself, I can tell you how many ******** the British population gave. That number is probably less than 100. The rest were tourists/foreigners whose countries don't have royalty so they came to steal ours. The only reason so many British people were there is because of the banquet.

Yeah no. THere were over 1 million people, a lot wearing british stuff. Just because you hate it doesn't mean your country does.

"Wearing British stuff". Wearing British stuff automatically makes you British now? Does that mean if I wrap an American flag around me I am suddenly American? No, no It doesn't. Your argument has just been rendered invalid.

I understand that it doesn't mean much but it was also a national holiday for the british so a lot might go and celebrate, get drunk, party, etc.

Magnetic Sex Symbol

5,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Im nottt haha

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers