Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Some Americans have British friends or relatives. Some people like to look outside their good ol' corrupted bubble that is their country. Some people like seeing weddings - some people think of it as a modern fairytale.

Boom. burning_eyes Imagine that. It seriously annoys me how many people can think that we'd be better off cutting ourselves off from the rest of the world...

Conservative Lunatic

5,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
xXiTaXx
because its the only place where they still have kings and queens and people want to see it. It's not like America will ever have an event like that. Which by the way I really liked the trees that were on the inside of the church.
xD

I couldn't agree more as well as me too to the trees.
Well, I *don't* care, but then it is hard for me to even make it to my FRIENDS' weddings, I sure don't care about random celebrity weddings, even if they are royalty in another country.

Conservative Lunatic

5,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Russian Flesh Tube
WE STOPPED BEING A SUBJECT OF THE BRITISH CENTURIES AGO. WHY DO AMERICANS CARE ABOUT THE ROYAL WEDDING?

It wasn't just the media of America.
Why do we care about celebrities? Why do we care about Lady Gaga's outfits or Justin Bieber's Haircut? Why do we care about the royal wedding?

because we're social bastards and we like to stick our nose into everything. We're obsessed with gossip, that's why.
kiara-meiaan
Personally I think its so we can look at all the funky hats.....
this
1. Don't generalize, not all Americans care.

2. It's something of world importance. The world cares.

3. Why? It influences many things, there are social matter in England very much affected by this wedding, public relations with other countries are affected as well, etc etc. These people (British royalty) are pretty much as old as it gets, how can you not care about tommorow's history when it's happening under your nose?

4. It's about goddamn time Americans cared about something other then themselves. McDonald's isn't that important, y'know?

Distinct Humorist

5,950 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
something about the commonwealth
PorceIina
Because its interesting. ._.

this.
and loling at hats.
It was in the media everywhere. The wedding was a big subject literally everywhere that has even semi-decent media. It's mainly for the fact that people will watch and read almost anything the media throws at them, so... Obviously there was good money to be made.
Doesn't mean the people from other countries really care.

Punching Bag

Punching Bag

AndreaTR
4. It's about goddamn time Americans cared about something other then themselves. McDonald's isn't that important, y'know?

You're pretty retarded. Americans care/stick their nose into things beyond our borders way too much. It's about time we stop doing that. Also the McDonald's thing is way over done and not all that accurate. cool
kiara-meiaan
all the funky hats.....

^We've been found out!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out