What?! There's a wedding?! 0.049375371802499 4.9% [ 83 ]
Total Votes:[ 1681 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 25 26 27 > >>

Toothsome Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
There is no English word powerful enough to describe the size of the ******** I do not give.
i didnt know that she was commoner. I think its great thats hes marrying her; they really seem to love one another smile

8,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Seeing as Queen Victoria married the kids/grandkids into every royal family in Europe, inbreeding is a problem with royalty/royalty.

5,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Friendly 100
If anyone claiming to be "royal" actually renounced their status for the big lie it actually is, it would be quite uncommon.

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Mark Twain 100
They should be allowed to marry commoners, otherwise they'll dash my hope of marrying a prince and becoming royalty in a far off country heart

28,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Avant Garde 200
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Fearsome 200
  • Ghostly Obliterators 100
Absolutely.

They are people just like you and me
. 3nodding

Wheezing Raider

10,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
The Admin
We want to know your thoughts! The big wedding is coming up but... Should Prince William really marry Kate Middleton? Should royalty marry commoners or should they stick to other royalty? Let us know!

Until late last century, royalty did pretty much stick to other royalty, to use your words. It wasn't unusual even 150 years ago for first cousins to marry, because it's not like the pool of available royals has ever been a big one. The royal families of Europe are more inbred than lab mice and small town rednecks are extremely genetically diverse in comparison. It's only recently the family tree has started to fork. Queen Victoria of England had lots of kids and those kids married into all the royal families of Europe, making World War I one heck of an ugly family feud, and she's the reason all the European royal families were plagued with hemophilia about a century ago. King George V of England and Czar Nicholas II of Russia were spitting images of one another. Back in the early 1500s, Juana, a princess of Spain, married Phillip, the heir to the throne of the Hapsburg Empire. They shared *eleven* great-grandparents. At roughly the same time, Juana's brother and one of Phillip's sisters also married.

Focusing on the English royal family, there's precious little English blood flowing in the Windsors. Since the early 18th century, the English monarchs have been totally or primarily of German descent (it was more of a mixed bag prior to that, but still a lot of non-English/British in the gene pool). There's some Danish in there, and Prince Phillip hails from Greece (how much Greek is actually in him requires looking at his pedigree).

Wheezing Raider

10,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Whippoorwill Twig
If anyone claiming to be "royal" actually renounced their status for the big lie it actually is, it would be quite uncommon.

You mean abdicating? Edward VIII did that in 1936, so he could marry Wallis Simpson. She was twice divorced, which made her ineligible to be the wife of a reigning British monarch, not to mention there was such a taboo on divorce that there were restrictions on when and in what settings the royal family would have anything to do with people who were divorced.

Toxic Fox

...considering how most royalty is related by blood anyway, marrying outside that particular social class has to happen if you don't want a royal family like that of Spain a few centuries ago...
oh please. this is the 21st Century, not medieval times, when intermarrying other royal families worked to secure kingdoms.

Besides, Prince Charles married Diana, she wasn't royalty.
She was a member of the aristocracy, but not the monarchy.

What does class have to do w/anything anymore?

Anxious Fatcat

9,800 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Um, why is this even being asked?
Deandriea
Well, why not? There's not much to choose from in the "strictly royal" area, and there's been enough problems in the past with that idea. Class changes are much more common these days, so, you can't count 'common' as uneducated or poor or anything that when such an idea was popular was likely the case.

Hello did anyone else see how Ugly Charles is? Only because of Princess Di did Prince William and Harry turn out good lucking, need some fresh blood.

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
Royal/Aristrocratic inbreeding should be frowned upon a heck of a lot more. All this "stick to your kind/pure breed" nonsense has really brought about some real numbskulls due to their never cleaning their gene pool out once in a while.

I'm tired of horse-faced royals. I'm glad for William and Kate. Congrats when the 29th comes around....just don't expect me to tune into the event. I think I'll be napping.

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
Jackathyn
There is no English word powerful enough to describe the size of the ******** I do not give.

All my tips to this!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces