Welcome to Gaia! ::

Should royalty marry commoners?

Yes, of course! Love is love! 0.76026174895895 76.0% [ 1278 ]
No, never. They should stay in their own class. 0.048185603807258 4.8% [ 81 ]
Totally indifferent/don't care. 0.14217727543129 14.2% [ 239 ]
What?! There's a wedding?! 0.049375371802499 4.9% [ 83 ]
Total Votes:[ 1681 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 25 26 27 > >>

We want to know your thoughts! The big wedding is coming up but... Should Prince William really marry Kate Middleton? Should royalty marry commoners or should they stick to other royalty? Let us know!

Nerd

12,050 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Elocutionist 200
Well, why not? There's not much to choose from in the "strictly royal" area, and there's been enough problems in the past with that idea. Class changes are much more common these days, so, you can't count 'common' as uneducated or poor or anything that when such an idea was popular was likely the case.

Shameless Bookworm

*shrug*
It's rather messed up what happens to the royal gene pool when they "keep it in the family."

Versatile Lunatic

13,625 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Yeah, royalty should be able to marry commoners. Otherwise it would be like having Red-neck Royals eek
Yes. If they're in love, why not? :3

Merry Witch

36,415 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • 20000 High Score 500
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
I don't really see why not?

Loyal Dog

As long as they love each other, it shouldn't be a problem. smile
Deandriea
Well, why not? There's not much to choose from in the "strictly royal" area, and there's been enough problems in the past with that idea. Class changes are much more common these days, so, you can't count 'common' as uneducated or poor or anything that when such an idea was popular was likely the case.

I agree with this. It doesn't matter if someone doesn't have a title these days, hell, people are more likely to think you're an idiot if you DO have one and like Deandriea says, 'common' doesn't mean what it once used to. Just because you don't have a title and/or money, it doesn't mean you should be ignored as marriage material.

Love is love, no matter how you look at it and no matter where you come from.

Hot Lop

Denying to love someone just because they're not in your social class is so silly. Of course they should marry! As long as their love is real then it shouldn't matter.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE *siiiiigh* biggrin heart
i think he should, if he loves her :] its so sweeeeeet biggrin biggrin biggrin
and plus, i think tht love is love, as ur poll says biggrin if u truly love someone, then go ahead and b with him/her! biggrin good lives include true love biggrin heart

Hardened Warrior

Well... I think that a social class should not matter... I believe that people are still people, and that love is still love... no matter what social class a person belongs to.

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
I think that they should marry whoever they want! I'm such a romantic and think it's so adorable.

Lonely Athlete

21,350 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Well... It's a free society nowadays, they should go ahead and live their life. People used to marry for money, but now it is for love. We cannot have inbreeding for thirteen generations if they continue to marry within their own class. Royalty is hard to come by nowadays ever since the 18th-20th centuries

Anxious Werewolf

Marry who you want...but maybe get a prenup first

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas