Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
It is a big deal to many for a couple of reasons

1) Kate is a commoner soon to be Princess and Future Queen of England.

2) this is the first Royal Wedding in 30 years - after Diana, Princess of Wales. It's her first son who is getting married.
I've been pondering the same thing.

and it was kinda crappy when the tv reporter said some weird crap like "...a story that will melt your hearts."

and i was like, "I didn't even know the girl was named Kate..heck, i didnt even know they both existed as a couple!!"

histoircally, yes it was a "big deal" but really i dont get why i have to see their faces everytime i swtich on the tv eek

11,250 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
YamiJK
Mysterra
YamiJK
Mysterra
YamiJK
It is, deal with it,
though it would probably be better if it wasn't advertised 24/7.
mrgreen

even if it was advertised less i still wouldn't care either way about it... thought less advertising would be better... all this hype about it... not that big a deal... just a wedding... they happen everyday heart

Patriotic instincts kick in really and hold my interest but likely would have more interest if it wasn't on the tv or news feed whenever turned on or checked out.

lol! i'm not much a patriot but yeah i guess if there wasn't as much hype and build up about it i'd be more interested. less is more. i mean there's been so much build up and all these advertisement for the sale of royal wedding photos, plates and other memrobilia that now that it's practically here i just don't care anymore. all the hype has put me off the event... but well i've never really been interested in the royal family sweatdrop

A wedding doesn't excite me so much, I hope to witness a Coronation to the throne, now thats a rarity! Preferably not Charles though.

Coronation would be something to see... but i agree with the Charles bit, i don't want to see him made king, hopefully we'll skip him and go straight to William!
Not really, It's always a big deal when somone famous gets married.....

4,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Mysterra
cherryfrapp
I always loved royal weddings. Its like something to look forward to amongst all this disaster.
and there very pretty

i suppose it is making a lot of people happy amongst the otherwise rather sad climate and is good business for a lot of people and all but well i still see it as just another day and probably won't bother watching it on tv... well except maybe for the vows as a i've always loved that part of weddins... heart

those are the best parts 3nodding

Profitable Lover

7,500 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Well, no one is asking you to care.

Demonic Kitten

Mysterra
Kitty Eclipse
Mysterra
Kitty Eclipse
Here's what I believe: no one life is of more worth than another. Royal blood doesn't make your soul of more value than a commoner's. Life in all forms is equally precious. It is royalty's job to respect and protect those whom they rule. The people return the respect in gratidute, but all are equal. Those with power must put those whom they protect before themselves and not think themselves above those with less wealth. All this fuss over a wedding just because it's for royalty is senseless. Be happy for a wedding because it's bonding two souls as one, not because it's some sort of celebrity nonsense

that's a really brilliant way of looking at things... unforunately that tends not to be the way the populace at large views things... pity really

Finally another person with some reason. My older cousin got on to me when I said I didn't want to marry for money one time. People get caught up in the materialistic and fame and everything else and they forget the things that truly matter.

marry for money? okay that seems mad... i mean i know a lot of people do that... but if i'm going to marry one day it will be because i'm in love and it's what me and my partner want... it will be for love and love alone... not money, fame, politics or any other reason... which is what i personally see a wedding should be... the love of the two people who are getting married heart

Yes, that's how it should be. Marraige for money alone is an empty, meaningless existence. My boyfriend and i want to get married after college. heart

Hygienic Citizen

X-Broken-Wish-X
all royal weddings are televised - so long as tv is around but nobody cares and the reason why we brits dont mind is because its a day off
but to be honest if they really love each other and what not then they wouldnt let it be so public as its their day why should everyone be nosying in?

I mind.
due to my approaching a-levels, I actually need to be in school learnin' for them so our dear coalition government can't s**t on me for wanting a university education. ******** the royal wedding.

Bashful Dabbler

Lord Elwrind

2) this is the first Royal Wedding in 30 years - after Diana, Princess of Wales. It's her first son who is getting married.

Thank you, for some one else saying it.
I think the fact that she's going to become the future queen of england should be important enough to make it a 'big deal' so I don't really get why everyone's asking why it's so important. And yes weddings happen everyday but its not everyday that a future KING [i.e. ruler of a country] gets married. Its also bound to have political effects for the country as well. So Im left wondering how it's not important.
it is a big deal to all those involved. put yourself in their situation and you will see ninja

24,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
To Kate and William its a big deal. I mean its their wedding.
But for those of us getting tired of hearing the news report on every little thing, no its not a big deal.

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
Cake in a Mug
Lord Elwrind

Thank you, for some one else saying it.
I think the fact that she's going to become the future queen of england should be important enough to make it a 'big deal' so I don't really get why everyone's asking why it's so important. And yes weddings happen everyday but its not everyday that a future KING [i.e. ruler of a country] gets married. Its also bound to have political effects for the country as well. So Im left wondering how it's not important.

BING!

You hit the nail right on the head.

But actually, it will and will not have much in the way of political effects. However, William is known to be of generous heart like his mother.

God save the future King!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces