Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
So the english monarchy does ABSOLOUTLEY nothing.... long live prince harry and all that crumps and tea stuff but HELLO what has the royal family ever done for us.....they get the flat screens, pretty dresses, the right to use a british accent, and wear tiaras without looking like a dork in public... oh yeah. Congratz to Kate Middleton, but is the whole Royal thing really even the real deal anymore? When I think of kings and queens I think of all the old timey people who actually had a say in the ruling of their country. All Hail Queen Elizabeth with her high titles and all.. and yeah shes done an ok job with the united nations and the waving and the speeches and the posing with tea and crumpets...so what happens when the throne passes on down to Prince William and Kate?
Royalty playing dress up again.. no power truly or meaning to royalty anymore.... neutral

3,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
William goes to Iraq and Iran in the RAF, Harry went to Afghanistan and Iceland.

so...what've YOU ever done, before you start bitching?

the Royal family protects us. The Government ******** things up.
Why don't they have power? HELLO, A little t**t called...DAVID CAMERON?

7,750 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Blossomed Death
William goes to Iraq and Iran in the RAF, Harry went to Afghanistan and Iceland.

so...what've YOU ever done, before you start bitching?

the Royal family protects us. The Government ******** things up.
Why don't they have power? HELLO, A little t**t called...DAVID CAMERON?

I believe those were personal choices, not royal obligations you're mentioning. Although I do grant that England's royalty does have a role to play, it is now only a mere diplomatic one, as far as I can tell at least. I do feel sorry for the royal family, being royalty, yet not being able to truly rule.

3,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
not being able to rule?
the Queen rules over 54+ nations. She is head of the Commonwealth.
Don't believe the CNN, we DO have an empire, though the Queen is too scared to call it one.
England playing dress up again? It's such a huge event for the whole country, and if you had such a grand monarchy you'd be proud to celebrate the marrage of your King or Queen?
The Queen of England is our icon, when peopel think of Britian, they think of the Queen.
And yeh, before you start BITCHIN' about our royal family and crumpets, sort your own country out kthanksbi;]
I think your just jealous of them tbh... We're off partying and your here posting hate around the internet..
Jealous much?

3,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
also...
Isn't it better than most of the crap news? all we hear on BBC is stuff about Middle eastern countries that well...isn't news anymore.
For example, Libya. Sure, news. But why do we care? it's not an ally, therefore we shouldn't do anything. Let themselves kill eachother.

Questionable Noob

7,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150
Wow...I don't know what to say...But I think they keep us in peace in order...They're still part of U.N., right? sweatdrop We gonna need that, folks...
fairchilds
I think your just jealous of them tbh... We're off partying and your here posting hate around the internet..

hit the nail on the head... rofl
Tsunamimom
fairchilds

hit the nail on the head... rofl

I do try (:

Shade

Wow, you stereotype us like hell.
Crumpets and tea- well you know know that isn't nice to say things like that.
I bet you're from America or somewhere like that. Want us to stereotype you?
No.

I see your point but still, if your country had Royals, you'd want eveyone to celebrate that, so think before you post.
I also agree with the other people in the thread about how you feel jealous.
Dear God, I really hope some of the people on this thread are trolling... It's starting to sound like half the world believes we should have an absolute monarchy, a big ol' empire, screw democracy, and moreover screw terrible things happening in the world (because they're all the way over there, and it's much nicer to hear about pretty dresses and fluffy kittens in the news).

Honestly, I don't particularly approve of the monarch - especially the way they manage to evade so many tax laws while we pay for a lot of their crap, despite being some of the richest people in the country. On the other hand, our system of a minimal, constitutional monarchy where the power is in the hands of the Lords and Commons (no elected second house, but I'm hopeful that we'll get to work on that if someone gives the Tories a boot to the head) works as well as any other system. We don't need the monarchy to be more powerful - a rather large portion of global history has ensured we move away from that.

As for who cares about the wedding... Honestly, I can't get excited about it. It's nice for the two of them, and worth noting who'll (probably/technically) head the country one day. But Kate and Will could ride up to a magical floating castle on unicorns, wearing clothes sewn by blind, immortal doormice, and I wouldn't start getting excited unless they also made it a nice opportunity to get rid of some of our more archaic laws.

Shade

charbookwyrm
Dear God, I really hope some of the people on this thread are trolling... It's starting to sound like half the world believes we should have an absolute monarchy, a big ol' empire, screw democracy, and moreover screw terrible things happening in the world (because they're all the way over there, and it's much nicer to hear about pretty dresses and fluffy kittens in the news).

Honestly, I don't particularly approve of the monarch - especially the way they manage to evade so many tax laws while we pay for a lot of their crap, despite being some of the richest people in the country. On the other hand, our system of a minimal, constitutional monarchy where the power is in the hands of the Lords and Commons (no elected second house, but I'm hopeful that we'll get to work on that if someone gives the Tories a boot to the head) works as well as any other system. We don't need the monarchy to be more powerful - a rather large portion of global history has ensured we move away from that.

As for who cares about the wedding... Honestly, I can't get excited about it. It's nice for the two of them, and worth noting who'll (probably/technically) head the country one day. But Kate and Will could ride up to a magical floating castle on unicorns, wearing clothes sewn by blind, immortal doormice, and I wouldn't start getting excited unless they also made it a nice opportunity to get rid of some of our more archaic laws.

Dear god, they're just strings!

Girl

NinjaaGirl
England playing dress up again? It's such a huge event for the whole country, and if you had such a grand monarchy you'd be proud to celebrate the marrage of your King or Queen?
The Queen of England is our icon, when peopel think of Britian, they think of the Queen.
And yeh, before you start BITCHIN' about our royal family and crumpets, sort your own country out kthanksbi;]

Yes, Queen Elizabeth of England and Queen Victoria of Sweden are the only full blooded royalties left on Earth. If I lived in England, I would be proud to see that my country's tradition and culture is still alive. If the Queen of Sweden, does not have a daughter or son, their monarchy basically dies out. I'm glad to see that the British Monarchy still exists. And actually, you may not notice many of the accomplishments/actions of the British Monarchy in the modern day, but they have done much for their people in the time they had power. And it's not just some 'dress-up game.' It's a big event in England and the rest of the world.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff