Welcome to Gaia! ::

DeadlyDee
can you put a price on history?

No, that is why we have museums and figureheads that are only figure heads.

Quote:
I was said that the wedding brought over a billion dollars worth of revenue for England....there was no death, no blood and guts, no killing....omg, how civilized!

Some say otherwise. That was easy. Really, whether they are currently causing bloodshed is irrelevant, what is and debatably disgusting is keeping around a system that made a large part of their mark by bloodshed.

The Bunny Rat
This.

No.

The Bunny Rat
[Most of Englands' revenue actually comes from American yahoos like yourselves paying to walk around the royal families' castles and buy souvenirs. They bring in BILLIONS every year.

They're obviously not the only ones as a dear friend of mine told me they are the 16th biggest tourist attraction, not first or 10th, but 16th and their tourism is hardly a defense given their involvement in a supposed democratic system.

Dainty Doll

They paid for it themselves, actually.
There was a big deal about it and everything, don't you bother reading the news about the subject your bitching about?
Tute Sweet
There was a big deal about it and everything, don't you bother reading the news about the subject your bitching about?
O_o excuse me but i heard it on the news and was surprised by it. im not even bitching about it. it was a shock to me

Rainbow Fairy

47,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Tute Sweet

Indeed.... from what I heard/read the only thing the tax payers paid for was security.... and given the number of people watching, I think that is acceptable.

Hygienic Citizen

The Amazing Arya
Tute Sweet

Indeed.... from what I heard/read the only thing the tax payers paid for was security.... and given the number of people watching, I think that is acceptable.

REALLY?
I wasn't aware I lived in a country in which this is "acceptable".

Hygienic Citizen

The Bunny Rat
DeadlyDee
can you put a price on history? also, it was said that the wedding brought over a billion dollars worth of revenue for England....there was no death, no blood and guts, no killing....omg, how civilized!

This.

Most of Englands' revenue actually comes from American yahoos like yourselves paying to walk around the royal families' castles and buy souvenirs. They bring in BILLIONS every year.

really? of the top twenty most visited tourist attractions in the UK, the only royal one is windsor castle at 17th. windsor legoland is ten points ahead.

instead of these spongers, I want a ******** lego head of state.
Tamarahma
The Bunny Rat
DeadlyDee
can you put a price on history? also, it was said that the wedding brought over a billion dollars worth of revenue for England....there was no death, no blood and guts, no killing....omg, how civilized!

This.

Most of Englands' revenue actually comes from American yahoos like yourselves paying to walk around the royal families' castles and buy souvenirs. They bring in BILLIONS every year.

really? of the top twenty most visited tourist attractions in the UK, the only royal one is windsor castle at 17th. windsor legoland is ten points ahead.

Seriously? Unless you come from England yourself, ******** off.

Hallowed Sex Symbol

10,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
It was only 20m? Are you sure? I thought it was more.

6,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Person of Interest 200
♥ ♥ ♥

♥

Im pretty sure the amount of people who watched it and the amount of tourists fixed that..

♥
♥ ♥ ♥

Rainbow Fairy

47,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Tamarahma
The Amazing Arya
Tute Sweet

REALLY?
I wasn't aware I lived in a country in which this is "acceptable".
<snip>

Lol.... I call fake.

around 2 million lined the streets to watch the royal wedding.... excited people that in such numbers could unintentionally cause harm in there excitement.....

Add to that "Royal Wedding" huge target for people that are idiots and would see no problem with doing a lot of damage "to make a point".

Paying for the security that allowed to people to enjoy and celebrate a significant event in (british) history is acceptable.

Not that it is really revelavent... but as mentioned the income from tourism would have more than made up for cost.

Hygienic Citizen

The Bunny Rat
Tamarahma
The Bunny Rat
DeadlyDee

This.

Seriously? Unless you come from England yourself, ******** off.

bad luck for you, bro, english born and raised.

Hygienic Citizen

The Amazing Arya
Lol.... I call fake.

fake? uh huh. a plain clothes policeman grabs a peaceful protester with no explanation for the arrest; uniformed police officers resist other protesters questioning the arrest; it all happens on camera and you call it a fake? gj

Quote:
around 2 million lined the streets to watch the royal wedding.... excited people that in such numbers could unintentionally cause harm in there excitement.....

but as you can see, the protesters were not allowed anywhere near the wedding, and are in fact peacefully singing in a park.

Quote:
Add to that "Royal Wedding" huge target for people that are idiots and would see no problem with doing a lot of damage "to make a point".

peaceful protest =/= a riot
there is absolutely nothing illegal about peacefully protesting, even if your protest is against the admittedly fascistic actions of the met
there is an awful lot illegal about plain clothes police officers arresting peaceful citizens with no charge or evidence, which is what happens in the video.

Quote:
Paying for the security that allowed to people to enjoy and celebrate a significant event in (british) history is acceptable.

do tell me how the meaningless wedding of the third in line to the powerless throne of a decayed ex-world power is significant. do tell me why the day-to-day lives of the elite qualify as "significant event in history", while no one else's does. do tell me about the inherent worth of the workshy useless misogynistic hereditary monarchy.

Quote:
Not that it is really revelavent... but as mentioned the income from tourism would have more than made up for cost.

except for this to be in any way an argument which makes sense all the private companies which cater for the tourism would have had to make a revenue which produced at least £20 million of duties and taxes, if not more. in a single day. I call absolute bullshit on this argument.

6,850 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
The Amazing Arya
Tute Sweet

Just so you know that is not true. Me and other people like me helped pay for the stupid wedding with our taxes. It's not right as the Royals get their income from our taxes as they themselves do NOT work for a living so are incapable of paying for anything themselves.

Greedy Bloodsucker

The Bunny Rat
DeadlyDee

This.

Laugh it up if you want.
My people aren't ruled by individuals who inherit their leadership.
Souvenirs really are worth it! Who wouldn't want a British trinket sitting around their living room that can remind them of the monarchy that their ancestors booted out?
aww geez. that's nuts....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces