Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Elocutionist

Goddess of the Styx
oh my great gods... it's 4:26..., i really need to get to bed, i have a publisher to talk to in the morn... oh well, good night people that dislike me and few people that acually cared. biggrin

Night night.
Good luck with the publisher!!

Prophet

LightsOfDecember
Goddess of the Styx
oh my great gods... it's 4:26..., i really need to get to bed, i have a publisher to talk to in the morn... oh well, good night people that dislike me and few people that acually cared. biggrin

Night night.
Good luck with the publisher!!

thank you :3 cuz i'm gonna need it
LightsOfDecember
The Bunny Rat

Okay, lineage and tradition then please.

I come from a family tradition.
My family originates in Ireland, but is currently settled in New Zealand.
Our craft is usually passed down mother to daughter, but where there is a gap, it will be passed down from aunt to niece, grandmother to granddaughter or similar.
My aunt was taught by her aunt as my mother and their other sister showed no interest in being taught, and from the age of 8 or nine, my aunt has been teaching me, so I've got a good 12 or 13 years behind me, in which I have had time to form my own views on various points.
My family has mostly hidden behind a veil of Christianity through many major points of history such as the Burning Times.
Currently have two generations of Grimoires in my possession.

This suitable for you or do I have to go and locate a family tree?

Whilst you may be a witch, you are not Wiccan.

Ruthless Elocutionist

The Bunny Rat

Do you know how much easier it is to hide under the name Wiccan or Pagan then it is to say "I'm a witch" then have every Tom d**k and Harry religious nut come flying down on you like vultures to a zebra carcass?
I'm pulling the same trick my ancestors did by calling themselves Christians.

3,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
The Bunny Rat
LightsOfDecember
The Bunny Rat

Okay, lineage and tradition then please.

I come from a family tradition.
My family originates in Ireland, but is currently settled in New Zealand.
Our craft is usually passed down mother to daughter, but where there is a gap, it will be passed down from aunt to niece, grandmother to granddaughter or similar.
My aunt was taught by her aunt as my mother and their other sister showed no interest in being taught, and from the age of 8 or nine, my aunt has been teaching me, so I've got a good 12 or 13 years behind me, in which I have had time to form my own views on various points.
My family has mostly hidden behind a veil of Christianity through many major points of history such as the Burning Times.
Currently have two generations of Grimoires in my possession.

This suitable for you or do I have to go and locate a family tree?

I do not want to start an argument but the other word for Witch IS Wiccan. I should know as I've been taught in such ways since I was old enough to speak.

Ruthless Elocutionist

Arashi137
]
I do not want to start an argument but the other word for Witch IS Wiccan. I should know as I've been taught in such ways since I was old enough to speak.

Admittedly there are subtle differences between a witch and a Wiccan...

3,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
LightsOfDecember
Arashi137
]

Admittedly there are subtle differences between a witch and a Wiccan...

And yet we all have a similiar belief. I believe strongly in my goddess and that given the gifts I was given from her that I am a witch yet also a wiccan. Remember Witch comes from Wicca. There are some differences but there are differences in all wiccans.

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
LightsOfDecember
I come from a family tradition and for conversational purposes it is far easier to say that I am a Wiccan to prevent myself from having to a) give out lengthy explanations and b) divulge family secrets, so at times my views tend to differ considerably from popular sects.

So, instead of taking the time to tell people your correct path and belief, you just misappropriate a title that doesn't belong to you or your family?

"Damn my blood... I scorn to do anyone a mischief, when it is not for my advantage."

Quote:
For the interests of this conversation, I will mention that my family's interests in "the craft" has been around for a couple of hundred generations, and that we believe in the rebirth of a spirit upon it's release from it's current form.

A couple HUNDRED generations. You know, that's pretty damn impossible right?

"Damn my blood... I scorn to do anyone a mischief, when it is not for my advantage."

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Arashi137

And yet we all have a similiar belief. I believe strongly in my goddess and that given the gifts I was given from her that I am a witch yet also a wiccan. Remember Witch comes from Wicca. There are some differences but there are differences in all wiccans.

No witch doesn't come from Wicca and no not at all witches have a similar belief with Wicca.

All Wiccans are witches, but not all witches are Wiccan.

I really suggest you read the Wiccan FAQ.

3,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
Calelith
Arashi137

No witch doesn't come from Wicca and no not at all witches have a similar belief with Wicca.

Oh how cute...You do realize you just insulted me. I just said I was raised a wiccan and yet you direct me to a Gaia FAQ on Wicca. rolleyes

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Arashi137
Calelith
Arashi137

Oh how cute...You do realize you just insulted me. I just said I was raised a wiccan and yet you direct me to a Gaia FAQ on Wicca. rolleyes

You can't be raised Wiccan because of the nature of the religion. Why do you think I linked you to the FAQ? Which of course has offsite links, actual Wiccans, and those with knowledge on the subject within the thread.

Codebreaking Shapeshifter

I hope you had fun with that.
You aren't a real wiccan neutral

3,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
Calelith
Arashi137
Calelith
Arashi137

You can't be raised Wiccan because of the nature of the religion. Why do you think I linked you to the FAQ? Which of course has offsite links, actual Wiccans, and those with knowledge on the subject within the thread.

I'm gonna say this only one more time: I was raised a wiccan guess what? It's possible because my parents are Wiccan and they taught me everything THEY know about wicca. I'm trying really hard to be nice here so I'm asking you politely to back off. I'm not in the mood to argue with anyone especially about my religion.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff