Welcome to Gaia! ::

.N.o.i.r.
Not to mention they put it in it's own forum so anyone who would be offended didn't have to see the threads it's like other more "random" websites that may offend, if you don't want to see it ******** off and don't read it and if you don't like swearing there's a ******** world filter that you can use.

So are you suggesting that forums that break gaia's own Terms Of Service are alright as long as they are kept in a separate place?

Kind of off subject but I personally like swearing and don't see anything wrong with it. neutral

Precious Bunny

11,850 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Timeless in its words alone...

Ω

But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.(Matthew 5:39)

That is all

...it keeps ticking on, the reference of life.
Cerulean Beyonder
raven robbin
Cerulean Beyonder
raven robbin

That's a good point but you are forgetting that gaia is in fact a business with paying customers and not a random person posting things on the internet. They don't allow us to post or encourage certain things, so why shouldn't they be held accountable for the same?

#30 Nidorina
The Poison Pin Pokémon
User Image
And you're forgetting that this forum was made as a JOKE. Seriously, why don't you have a sense of humor? Have you ever heard of satire? Or parody? Obviously you haven't, being so up in arms about a silly little topic like this.

You must not know a lot about business or customer service. Religion is something that you just don't get involved with when dealing with a wide range of customers.

My own personal feelings are irrelevant. The fact of the matter is that gaia has made a forum that is potentially offensive to a group of it's members. That's the bottom line.

#30 Nidorina
The Poison Pin Pokémon
User Image
Yeah, okay. Your own personal feelings are irrelevant, but you're projecting them onto other people as though your opinion is the one and only true opinion. Your personal feelings are irrelevant but you made a thread insulting anyone who didn't get butthurt over this forum's topic like you did.

Yeah, your own feelings are TOTALLY irrelevant.

So, what you're saying is, Gaia shouldn't put a positive spin on pseudo-scientific things like the rapture? That that type of thing is only supposed to be all gloom and doom because SOME people might find it offensive?

Alright I see how my own feeling have in fact led a hand in creating this topic, I guess that was unavoidable though- even if I was trying not to. Maybe that's what led me to post thread this in the first place.

How exactly is this putting a positive spin on the rapture? If anything it makes it look like nothing more than utter nonsense. Yes exactly. SOME people find it offensive. That is what I keep saying over and over. It doesn't matter if the majority of people don't find it offensive the point its that there is some percentage of people who do. A percentage of people that might be bigger than you or I could possibly know.

Gaian

raven robbin

Alright I see how my own feeling have in fact led a hand in creating this topic, I guess that was unavoidable though- even if I was trying not to. Maybe that's what led me to post thread this in the first place.

How exactly is this putting a positive spin on the rapture? If anything it makes it look like nothing more than utter nonsense. Yes exactly. SOME people find it offensive. That is what I keep saying over and over. It doesn't matter if the majority of people don't find it offensive the point its that there is some percentage of people who do. A percentage of people that might be bigger than you or I could possibly know.

#30 Nidorina
The Poison Pin Pokémon
User Image
That's what parody is. Portraying something serious like the rapture in a humorous and nonsensical way to garner a few laughs. Where's the harm in that?

So people will get offended. It's unavoidable. Making a successful parody without getting some flak from some people is like trying to sneeze without closing your eyes, or slamming a revolving door. Impossible.

3,650 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
raven robbin

The japan/earthquake forum did not make fun of the earthquake though. Calling the Second Coming, "The Raptor is Coming," directly inclines that the rapture is nothing more than complete and utter nonsense.

I haven't read past this post, so if anyone has already said something about this section, sorry. Anyway, I think they weren't trying to make fun of this but instead of the prediction Harold Camping made that would be wrong, again. They of course didn't know it would be wrong but based off the predictions before now it was pretty obvious. Gaia was just trying to poke harmless fun at a subject; the people inside the thread however have their own goals in mind. I do believe you though when you say this thread is offensive.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff