Welcome to Gaia! ::

Most people claim that this forum only pokes fun at the prediction some old guy made. If that was the only issue it produced then I'd be fine with it. As someone who actually knows what the bible says about the second coming, I never believed this nonsense for a second. I even joked about it all Saturday right up till six-o'-clock.

However as I scroll through these topics on here I find it pretty obvious that people are taking this so called "joke" too far, and even using it as an excuse to quite literally bash a religious belief. It's kind of ironic how the Terms Of Service describes trolling as "posting material intended to offend other members," yet is that not what this forum encourages users to do themselves? Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

This forum is entirely offensive- not because it lightly pokes fun at a crazy man's prediction however. What it has done is brush a sensitive topic in a negative light, in a way that could possibly offend a percentile of gaia's customers. On top of that it encourages other users to look down on gaians who actually believe that the rapture will happen one day. I understand that gaia wants to look "cool" and have a place to discuss a recent phenomenon, but this just wasn't the way to do it. A basic rule of thumb in any business is that you always put your customers first- without them you'd be nothing.

Rainbow Sex Symbol

15,650 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
No matter you do or say, you will always offend someone somewhere. If everyone would stop doing and saying things that would offend people we would all be mute, fat, and lazy because no one would be talking or moving.
"A basic rule of thumb in any business is that you always put your customers first- without them you'd be nothing."

And so Gaia made a topic based on a popular meme, along with an item, knowing that its customers love that s**t.

Dangerous Dabbler

I think I have every right to poke fun at crazy religious fanatics. blaugh

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
raven robbin
Most people claim that this forum only pokes fun at the prediction some old guy made. If that was the only issue it produced then I'd be fine with it. As someone who actually knows what the bible says about the second coming, I never believed this nonsense for a second. I even joked about it all Saturday right up till six-o'-clock.

However as I scroll through these topics on here I find it pretty obvious that people are taking this so called "joke" too far,

That's nothing to do with the forum itself, but the users within. Gaia has no control over us.

Quote:
and even using it as an excuse to quite literally bash a religious belief.

Which they have the right to. We all bash Scientology, don't we? What's the difference, besides a much larger membership ratio?

Quote:
It's kind of ironic how the Terms Of Service describes trolling as "posting material intended to offend other members," yet is that not what this forum encourages users to do themselves?

They have no control over what offends you, and you have no obligation to scroll through this forum.

Just because you might be offended by the word "********", does not mean I can't use it (as I just did), so I'm not "trolling" by posting the word (unless it's excessive).

Quote:
Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

You're just looking at it wrong.

Quote:
This forum is entirely offensive-

What is "offensive" is subjective. You find it offensive. I find it funny. Even being the Christian that I am, I know how to take a joke, and even run with it, myself.

Quote:
not because it lightly pokes fun at a crazy man's prediction however. What it has done is brush a sensitive topic in a negative light,

Religion really isn't a "sensitive" topic, just because you have insecurities.

Besides, it's not like Gaia's the first place that Christianity has been made fun of, or even blatantly mocked. Ever watch South Park? Or just about any politically charged TV show, in existence? Nearly all of them are guilty of it. Either learn to roll with the jokes, or isolate yourself from the world at large.

Quote:
in a way that could possibly offend a percentile of gaia's customers.

*raises a middle finger* ******** 'em, if they can't take a joke.

Quote:
On top of that it encourages other users to look down on gaians who actually believe that the rapture will happen one day.

I haven't seen more than 3 people in this entire forum (all 3 being atheists) that do so. They only laugh at the people who thought it was going to happen Saturday.

Me? I FIRMLY believe the Rapture is coming. But I'm not expecting to live to see it, much less simply because some senile old ******** read way too deeply between the lines, and cracked a non-existent mathematical code. Like all the people who have been studying into the DaVince Code, not realizing it's entirely fictional.

Therefore, I'm happy to make jokes at the expense of the May 21 Rapture.

Quote:
I understand that gaia wants to look "cool" and have a place to discuss a recent phenomenon, but this just wasn't the way to do it.

Sure looks like it worked, to me.

All the prudes who are "offended", can simply see their way out of the forum, at their leisure. No one's making you click the link to this forum.

Quote:
A basic rule of thumb in any business is that you always put your customers first-

They did.

Quote:
without them you'd be nothing.

You do realize that the number of people who are enjoying the Raptor forum, FAR outnumbers the surprisingly few people that are offended, right? You can't please everyone, so work for the majority. And I'd call it "success" on Gaia's part.

Besides, Gaia is secular.
I_Interrobang_I
I think I have every right to poke fun at crazy religious fanatics. blaugh

Freedom of speech, freedom to lol.
i don't understand gaia...they steal memes and stuff from the most racist and voilent place on the internet...and just to make money
cadb8
i don't understand gaia...they steal memes and stuff from the most racist and voilent place on the internet...and just to make money

Gaia didn't make money off this item. 4chan isn't violent. Why is it bad if someone uses something 4chan created and turn a profit? Example: DeviantArt has trollface s**t in their shop.

Rainbow Sex Symbol

15,650 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
black_wing_angel
raven robbin

However as I scroll through these topics on here I find it pretty obvious that people are taking this so called "joke" too far,

That's nothing to do with the forum itself, but the users within. Gaia has no control over us.

Quote:
and even using it as an excuse to quite literally bash a religious belief.

Which they have the right to. We all bash Scientology, don't we? What's the difference, besides a much larger membership ratio?

Quote:
It's kind of ironic how the Terms Of Service describes trolling as "posting material intended to offend other members," yet is that not what this forum encourages users to do themselves?

They have no control over what offends you, and you have no obligation to scroll through this forum.

Just because you might be offended by the word "********", does not mean I can't use it (as I just did), so I'm not "trolling" by posting the word (unless it's excessive).

Quote:
Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

You're just looking at it wrong.

Quote:
This forum is entirely offensive-

What is "offensive" is subjective. You find it offensive. I find it funny. Even being the Christian that I am, I know how to take a joke, and even run with it, myself.

Quote:
not because it lightly pokes fun at a crazy man's prediction however. What it has done is brush a sensitive topic in a negative light,

Religion really isn't a "sensitive" topic, just because you have insecurities.

Besides, it's not like Gaia's the first place that Christianity has been made fun of, or even blatantly mocked. Ever watch South Park? Or just about any politically charged TV show, in existence? Nearly all of them are guilty of it. Either learn to roll with the jokes, or isolate yourself from the world at large.

Quote:
in a way that could possibly offend a percentile of gaia's customers.

*raises a middle finger* ******** 'em, if they can't take a joke.

Quote:
On top of that it encourages other users to look down on gaians who actually believe that the rapture will happen one day.

I haven't seen more than 3 people in this entire forum (all 3 being atheists) that do so. They only laugh at the people who thought it was going to happen Saturday.

Me? I FIRMLY believe the Rapture is coming. But I'm not expecting to live to see it, much less simply because some senile old ******** read way too deeply between the lines, and cracked a non-existent mathematical code. Like all the people who have been studying into the DaVince Code, not realizing it's entirely fictional.

Therefore, I'm happy to make jokes at the expense of the May 21 Rapture.

Quote:
I understand that gaia wants to look "cool" and have a place to discuss a recent phenomenon, but this just wasn't the way to do it.

Sure looks like it worked, to me.

All the prudes who are "offended", can simply see their way out of the forum, at their leisure. No one's making you click the link to this forum.

Quote:
A basic rule of thumb in any business is that you always put your customers first-

They did.

Quote:
without them you'd be nothing.

You do realize that the number of people who are enjoying the Raptor forum, FAR outnumbers the surprisingly few people that are offended, right? You can't please everyone, so work for the majority. And I'd call it "success" on Gaia's part.

Besides, Gaia is secular.

I like you. You use logic, that's so hard to find these days.
Vampira666PMS
black_wing_angel
raven robbin
wahmbulance
LOL FU

I like you. You use logic, that's so hard to find these days.

BWA is a wonderful man from the land of ED. He is full of lols and swears and pwn.
Track01_Rebuild
cadb8

Gaia didn't make money off this item. 4chan isn't violent. Why is it bad if someone uses something 4chan created and turn a profit? Example: DeviantArt has trollface s**t in their shop.

not this item, but other meme items
isn't voilent? i have heard theres tons of gore threads there
and because its wrong, some memes are based on real events, like the (around) 10 year old girl who killed her classmate with a knife, its a gaia item now
cadb8
Track01_Rebuild
cadb8

not this item, but other meme items
isn't voilent? i have heard theres tons of gore threads there
and because its wrong, some memes are based on real events, like the (around) 10 year old girl who killed her classmate with a knife, its a gaia item now

Gore photos = violent people? I've seen lots of gore, I watch movies with gore, I play video games with gore, does that make me violent?
And because you think ti's wrong doesn't mean it is. Profit off the popular.

6,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Track01_Rebuild
cadb8

^this.

I've been on 4chan. You realize they're more like the neighbors' nippy dog than the T-rex down the road.

Besides, who doesn't get offended on the internet? I'm not all up in arms over things that offend me online, because there is no point. Don't like it, ignore it. Memes will always rule the internet, leeching into real life and the like.

People that don't realize this quack isn't representing the whole religion are dumb and need to educate themselves. It's nothing to get mad over.

Witty Phantom

Let's all laugh.

HA!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out