Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hallowed Bunny

15,800 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
*gears up for October 21st*

...Nah, I'm not really interested. It's a sequel we don't need.
rofl Too bad the Hale Boppers didn't think to take this approach.

---------- Ich bin der Geist der steht's verneint

Shy Seeker

7,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Member 100
  • Millionaire 200
******** Christians bro. :L
Better trolls then me, I ******** swear.
Lemmings will always follow their leader

Even if it's right over a cliff. confused

10,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Goutte de Rosee

No, actually, they won't. Although they will sometimes get tired of swimming and end up drowning when trying to migrate across large bodies of water. And they will jump off a cliff if a bunch of immoral filmmakers scare them into doing it solely in order to perpetuate the totally misleading myth/saying about them. http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/lemmings.asp
sad
Rattie Virginia
Goutte de Rosee

No, actually, they won't. Although they will sometimes get tired of swimming and end up drowning when trying to migrate across large bodies of water. And they will jump off a cliff if a bunch of immoral filmmakers scare them into doing it solely in order to perpetuate the totally misleading myth/saying about them. http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/lemmings.asp
sad

Was metaphorically speaking.

Sorry if that offended any animals lovers. sweatdrop

10,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Goutte de Rosee
Rattie Virginia
Goutte de Rosee

sad

Was metaphorically speaking.

Sorry if that offended any animals lovers. sweatdrop
Don't worry, I didn't find it offensive. smile But I have come to realize that it's important to not let lies about animals continue to be perpetuated. As this thread points out, people will believe anything. Lots of people seriously believe that lemmings commit mass suicide by jumping off of cliffs because "everyone" says they do. Even though it's never been true, the lie gets perpetuated because so many people keep on saying it. So I spoke up because there is no actual metaphor using lemmings. They don't do what is claimed, so there is no metaphor. I'm not offended by someone repeating a common saying. Instead, I just want to ensure Gaians are clear about the truth so that no one here ends up "stupid enough" (just like the Camping believers are labeled "stupid" ) to actually believe a very popular lie about lemmings. Make sense?

Edit to add: And my frown earlier was aimed at those cruel filmmakers for doing that to those poor pet lemmings, not at you. I doubt the little kids who had previously owned them knew what the Disney filmmakers were going to do to their former pets. cry
Pffft. The Earth will not expire after 5 months. It would take hundreds of years after the judgement day the Earth will end.

What a stupid false prophet he is. stare

5,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
Can't argue with this. Camping, for my opinion, is blinded because of his strong belief that he can tell when the apocalypse would happen. No matter how much he explains, he would only end up in failure. Of all the people who said the world is ending, does he still expect that many people would believe in him?

And the workers are insane. They just made a mistake. They shouldn't have quit their jobs if they can't even confirm if their leader's rants are even true.

Christian or not, he shouldn't say these things. It's plainly idiotic.
man, My neighbor was one of his crazy followers... sold all of his belongings.. (i bought his 52inch plasma screen tv for only 50$!!) he was running around outside the day before yelling that the end was coming and that everyone needed to repent...and he was always telling me i was not going to be saved and "may god have mercy on yoursoul"...and this morning.. i found out that he couldnt wait to get raptured.. and he killedhimself... i dont know how.. the subject is still a bit touchy with his sister..... I feel sorry for her sad

Shy Member

EmeraldRubyKitty
man, My neighbor was one of his crazy followers... sold all of his belongings.. (i bought his 52inch plasma screen tv for only 50$!!) he was running around outside the day before yelling that the end was coming and that everyone needed to repent...and he was always telling me i was not going to be saved and "may god have mercy on yoursoul"...and this morning.. i found out that he couldnt wait to get raptured.. and he killedhimself... i dont know how.. the subject is still a bit touchy with his sister..... I feel sorry for her sad

Wow. o.o That's terrible. Wish I could get 26 inch, flat panel for that much, or even free.

High-scoring Werewolf

11,650 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Reception Hall
What he's saying is pissing me off, too. I have no doubt that there will be scared people come October. I'm sure he will once again feel heavily scrutinized and attacked when the world doesn't end on that day. Whether he actually feels embarrassed or not anymore after all these times, I have my doubts about. But I am sure he'll just go right on giving public explanations afterward for why he feels he was right and "just a little off" about what happened. *sigh* And there will always be people who continue to believe what he says. sad

...This is the same world where lots of people were seriously buying gas masks, stocking MREs inside of shelters, avoiding airplane flights (they were supposed to fall out of the sky), and making all sorts of really extreme survival preparations during 1999 because the entire world was supposedly going to come crashing down around us simply due to a computer coding situation.

It seems he believes what he's saying, which is much scarier. I wonder if he's getting kickbacks from survivalist related enterprises. Other than church holdings, it seems he isn't living it up big. But maybe he's doing it more for the fame and ability to coerce people.
But I guess if he preached about doing good deeds, his followers would donate to children's hospitals and homeless shelters instead of his ministry.
[Shewolf]
Does he deserve a Face palm?

He doesn't deserve the dignity of giving an answer.
Calelith
UntoldFutures
Right now, Camping is saying live on Family Radio why the Rapture didn't come.

I'm surprised he didn't go the route of:
"There are no real Christians anymore, so that's why the Rapture didn't happen."

"Damn my blood... I scorn to do anyone a mischief, when it is not for my advantage."

That explains why he didn't go either. lol

Invisible Fatcat

Reception Hall
Maestro Mule
"the world will still end on October 21, 2011 but they are not going to be as bad as we thought they will be."
Did he elaborate any on that last bit? Did I misunderstand something here? It sounds really odd. He thinks the end of the world will be "not as bad" how?

It wouldn't be elongated at 5 months; it would be condensed into 3 days.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff