Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,350 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
They're not making fun of your religion, they're making fun of that guy on the Radio who's trying to cash in on his bogus predictions about the world ending on the 21st.

Adored Cat

11,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
heartofsilver777

I think, after the many countless times your religion has forced upon and killed countless innocents, something like this is excusable.

this is almost the case for EVERY religion though, not just her's

Romantic Prophet

28,175 Points
  • Kin Wrangler 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Energy Harvester 150
Suivien
Binku_Muja-
Suivien
mysterious bloody shadow
People get too worked up over religion.

Welcome to life

Its always the religious ones who take umbridge to harmless jokes. Never mind the fact that their religion tries to claim supremacy over all others.

Everyone takes offensive to everything.
Don't just pin it on the religious.
You know those pesky religious people you complain about being annoying?
Yeah, atheists can act the exact same way.

You make a damn good point. 3nodding

Personally, i was my religion teachers worst nightmare, i argued both sides, for and against. It didnt matter which side she tried to go for, i'd automatically go for the opposite out of sheer badness. But for me, that was just for fun. biggrin Had to break up the monotony of school somehow.

Is it wrong to look at it as worship the maker in your own way, and leave others to theirs so long as they aren't harming anyone? I take it that way as much as possible. But i love a damn good joke more. twisted

In a relationship with The_Living_Bonsai

Loyal Knight

20,375 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Married 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

User Image
if people hate this so much then why post??
those who hate this and post are just asking to be made fun of.
good side is now i dont have to go to the dentist razz .

User Image
To be honest... I've got to sorta laugh at this. I'm the only atheist in a family full of bible-thumping whacks who really need to calm the heck down over this stupid shtick. Thankfully, I ain't gonna be over there or tommorow. I would pay to see them come Sunday.

Magical Waffles

48,100 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Fusion Expert 300
  • Cool Cat 500
I know. All this stuff with this weekend makes me worried about the people who are going to be turned away from Christianity if the said events don't happen. No one can know for sure the exact date. There are signs to show it will be sooner then later but no secret codes relieving any special dates. Please people don't judge us all for what one small part of us is saying.

Prophet

10,925 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
mysterious bloody shadow
People get too worked up over religion.

Because they got a weak ego. When someone needs so much fantasy to keep the sanity, it's because this person is already insane... And religions are made of fantasy. You can have magic people with wings, blue people with many arms, or poneys, they're all fantasy. And when you believe you're too close to them, you're already too far from reality... When the Ego can't bear reality, it needs some fantasy to stay "okay"... but when it needs lots of fantasy, there's a huge problem behind...

Greedy Explorer

7,300 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
If you don't believe the world is going to end on Saturday, then Gaia is not mocking your beliefs. End of story.

Dapper Lunatic

9,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
Suivien
DID YOU KNOW?

The majority of Christians reject this guy's prophecies.

Um don't say the majority of Christians.

Dapper Lunatic

9,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
Rasabon
If you don't believe the world is going to end on Saturday, then Gaia is not mocking your beliefs. End of story.

True but by simply using the whole raptor Jesus meme,which I have always found offensive, they are making fun of Christianity.

Distinct Seeker

9,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
Gabrielle Lioncourt
heartofsilver777
You guys are now doing blasphemy against my beliefs again. Why is this site SO against Jesus Christ and/or Christianity? If you guys really don't believe in Him then why even bother making fun of Him? I noticed that most people make fun of Christianity way more then any other religious beliefs. This site has users with a broad view of religion and politics so why try to offend others?

How would you feel if a whole website kept bashing what you believe in?
P.S I don't believe that the world is going to end on the 21st and I don't believe it's going to end in 2012.

It's not my fault you follow a horrid religion.
I think, after the many countless times your religion has forced upon and killed countless innocents, something like this is excusable.
Now, if you don't like it do not partake in this site of delightful humor.

*slow clap*

7,300 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
Chibi Nerd
Rasabon

True but by simply using the whole raptor Jesus meme,which I have always found offensive, they are making fun of Christianity.

I see absolutely no official Gaia reference to anything regarding the Internet meme Raptor Jesus, outside of user conjecture. So as of right now, you are angry that Gaia is using a pun. If you are offended by something, it does not mean all Christians are and it does not mean Gaia is wrong for making a common pun. There are actual attacks and actual offenses to religion. This is not even close to one of them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff