Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rainbow Worshipper

10,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Rebuilder 100
heartofsilver777

How would you feel if a whole website kept bashing what you believe in?
P.S I don't believe that the world is going to end on the 21st and I don't believe it's going to end in 2012.

Really? There are plenty of websites bashing plenty of things I believe in. The internet is a big place - you can always go to another website that agrees with you.
Get over yourself.
This whole thread makes me laugh.

Mystical Shoujo

33,275 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
Dion Necurat
SakuraSyaoran

Oh yeah well I have just this to say...why didn't they just make an item that's more specific towards Harold Camping? They could have had a man ,that's supposedly him, holding a sign that says something like the end has come, our judgement day is in May, or nut proclaims the end is here? Then It wouldn't have been so offensive to me.

But see, then it wouldn't be a raptor. That's what the forum is about, after all; awaiting the arrival of the raptor.

I see no problem with it.

Then instead of calling it the raptor forum, maybe it should have been called Harold Camping's camp-out for the end or something else more focused on him.

10,050 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hunter 50
PKMN Trainer Atera
:l Oh geez. Another person that shall give the rest of us fun loving Christians a bad name.

Look, I am happy that you are proud in what you believe in, do not get me wrong. But there is nothign preventing you from just ignoring it and go somewhere else. If this site is so horrendous, then maybe it is best if you...ya know, just leave. :l

And another thing. Not everyone is bashing Christianity. Sure, there are some assholes on this site that literally believes everyone that believes in Him are ******** stupid, but when ya make threads like this, it just gives them more fuel. D; And, believe it or not, there are Christians that think everyone that don't believe in the "glorious religion" are ******** stupid.

Suck it up, or go somewhere else. C: May you have a blessed day/night.

Edit: How am I getting so many tips? ಠ_ಠ; Go back to making fun of us!
GAHCHRISTIANITYJESUSREPENTSALVATIONCHEESEYTACOS.

You're being tipped by Christians of an alike mindset. smile

Dapper Exhibitionist

8,325 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Forum Dabbler 200
heartofsilver777
EDIT: What no one is getting is that I do believe that someday there will be a Rapture and a Judgement Day. I believe that God hasn't revealed the date. Also if this site isn't making fun of Christianity then what is up with this "Raptor Jesus"? Also I just saw the event item for all of this and it's a raptor egg with a glow over the top and in many depiction of Christ He has a glow over His head so again this site is making fun of Him. I find that part highly offensive as well. You guys are now doing blasphemy against my beliefs again. Why is this site SO against Jesus Christ and/or Christianity? If you guys really don't believe in Him then why even bother making fun of Him? I noticed that most people make fun of Christianity way more then any other religious beliefs. This site has users with a broad view of religion and politics so why try to offend others?

How would you feel if a whole website kept bashing what you believe in?
P.S I don't believe that the world is going to end on the 21st and I don't believe it's going to end in 2012.

Because Catholicism and Judaism needed a break.
SakuraSyaoran
Dion Necurat
SakuraSyaoran

Oh yeah well I have just this to say...why didn't they just make an item that's more specific towards Harold Camping? They could have had a man ,that's supposedly him, holding a sign that says something like the end has come, our judgement day is in May, or nut proclaims the end is here? Then It wouldn't have been so offensive to me.

But see, then it wouldn't be a raptor. That's what the forum is about, after all; awaiting the arrival of the raptor.

Then instead of calling it the raptor forum, maybe it should have been called Harold Camping's camp-out for the end or something else more focused on him.

It wouldn't be funny then.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
SakuraSyaoran
Dion Necurat
SakuraSyaoran

And have Gaia potentially dropped with a suit for defamation?

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Well, don't start bombing California because Gaia's poking fun at this. Also the reason why Christianity is getting the most jabs is because its followers tend to speak the loudest.

Btw, your avatar isn't very Christian-like. neutral

Greedy Entrepreneur

7,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Wow really? Calm yo tits hun!

Gaia isn't making fun of you, or me, or that naked person over there. You know, this is why I don't associate myself with Christians, or most of the world for that matter. No one can take a ******** joke anymore, and no one bothers to think for themselves anymore. Its Raptor Jesus, SO THE ******** WHAT?! There's a real debate about what colour Jesus really was, why don't you go join that instead of bawwing over the RAPTOR, yeah?

Jeez, I guess you don't want the Spanish naming their children Jesus or Angel anymore either? Does that insult you too?

icedrac's Partner In Crime

Beloved Hunter

18,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Married 100
Oh Please, Gaia only set up a forum to talk about it they are not making fun of it. Now back to living my evil life cause it's after 6:00pm

Clean Noob

Sweagenv2
PKMN Trainer Atera
:l Oh geez. Another person that shall give the rest of us fun loving Christians a bad name.

Look, I am happy that you are proud in what you believe in, do not get me wrong. But there is nothign preventing you from just ignoring it and go somewhere else. If this site is so horrendous, then maybe it is best if you...ya know, just leave. :l

And another thing. Not everyone is bashing Christianity. Sure, there are some assholes on this site that literally believes everyone that believes in Him are ******** stupid, but when ya make threads like this, it just gives them more fuel. D; And, believe it or not, there are Christians that think everyone that don't believe in the "glorious religion" are ******** stupid.

I remember ya from different forums. C:
And your siggy makes me giggle all the time. x'>

But it's not only Christians! D; I need to be a more psychotic Christian, it'll bring back balance to the internet!
It's perfectly fine to believe in what you want...
But YOUR beliefs seem to be different from others.
It's just a joke.
I don't see God showering thunder everywhere because of this.
Cool your pool.
You don't exactly look like a perfect saint either.

10,050 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hunter 50
PKMN Trainer Atera
Sweagenv2
PKMN Trainer Atera

But it's not only Christians! D; I need to be a more psychotic Christian, it'll bring back balance to the internet!

We have enough trolls pretending to be psychotic Christians to balance it out- just a few of those will stir up a big enough uproar. razz

Wistful Lover

16,650 Points
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Clambake 200
  • Hesitant Participant 100
Sweagenv2
PKMN Trainer Atera
Sweagenv2
PKMN Trainer Atera

We have enough trolls pretending to be psychotic Christians to balance it out- just a few of those will stir up a big enough uproar. razz

OH GOD DO NOT REMIND ME OF THAT IDIOTIC GIRL.
D:

Sieg Liongod's Queen

Tipsy Autobiographer

10,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
SakuraSyaoran
Aage Raghnall

Um... first of all I'd like to point out something that a few people have already touched base on for you here. The Raptor Jesus thing isn't something that was made by Gaiaonline itself. Raptor Jesus was created on 4-chan & became a long running internet meme almost two years ago. Oddly enough, its still popular among those of the interwebz culture. Being that Gaia is a website inhabited by many of the interweb culture, it is almost a sure duty that they use it in light of the situation.
What's more, they're not really making fun of the religion itself so much as they're poking fun at Harold Camping. Who, by the way, didn't say that the world was going to end on May 21st. He said it would be the first Judgement day. The end of times is supposed to be on October 21st 2011. Still, lets not forget that he's predicted the end of the world before... several times before. One of which I remember very clearly, September 1994. He wrote a book titled 1994? which scared the s**t out of hundreds of people across the US of A. When nothing happened, Christians suffered a lot of losses (including myself) but he made more than a s**t ton of money off of it. The guy is corrupt, using religion to make his funds & then hiding behind the good deed mask of his religion. Don't defend him & don't get offended. Its pointless on the internet anyways. Everyone is just going to either bash or ignore you.
I get what you're saying though, there are plenty of people who just go on saying harsh things about religion without actually knowing anything about it. Or, better yet, they know little & cling to it while beating it with a stick as if it were chock full of candy. Even better, they just don't care how deeply you love your religion. I may not be Christian but I've faced the discrimination before myself, mostly from Christian believers & Atheists alike. I'm of Nordic belief & heavily follow in their ways of worship but I'm not about to blind myself with rage every time someone makes a harsh joke based on almost nothing or when anyone that tells me my beliefs are wrong. Does it upset me? Yes, to the core because its something very important to me & I apply my religion to my life every day. But sometimes you have to just learn to roll with the punches & understand that not everyone is crimping on your freedom of religion on an uneducated bias. Granted, that may be the case several times over for some arguments you'll find yourself in but its not always the case. I myself am very well educated in Christianity, thanks to the majority of my family being Christian in belief. I respect that full heatedly, but its hard to respect a religion when several from the same group are constantly bashing you for going against their flow. Its happened to me hundreds of times before, Christians telling me that I'll go to hell if I don't change my religion & repent. I do have a strong bias against them because of the population of Christians I have been around, but I understand that not all who follow that religion are the same. I believe in giving people a chance no matter what they are.
Which is why I get just as pissed off when Atheists or any other belief/religious group decides to jump on the band wagon as well. Every group does it, forcing their ideals down other people's throats & trying to force them to choke it down with a bar of soap. We single each other out, & the cycle continues. The only advice I can give you, would be to just get a sense of humor or separate yourself from situations where you feel offended because of what someone or some group of people are saying. Don't instigate by starting an argument on the internet cause you're not going to get all the sympathy you're looking for & you're never going to win. Accept that there are people who don't have the same beliefs as you & respect it in the hopes that they will respect your beliefs as well. If they don't, screw'em. They aren't worth talking to then.

I hope you find solace in knowing that someone understands, some one who isn't of your own religion that is. I also pray that you might find an easier way to deal with insult upon injury in a better manner than you have achieved here. Good luck, & peace be with you.

PS: Too true... Goth is a fashion, not a religion. I enjoy seeing a religious girl such as yourself indulging in the idea of "not fitting the label." Just don't try too hard...

...You've got to be eff'n kidding me...
Is that the ONLY thing you got from ANYTHING that I typed up there? See, this is what I'm talking about when I say you can't win on the internet. People will always evade the actual topic & twist it into something new, despite how good your argument is. But here, let me indulge your question with its true answer.
Looking at the truth of that matter, Harold Camping is an old nut that has more than his fair share of insults & pride bruises. The world is already looking down on him from almost every angle as if he were in the pit of the world being spit on because everything he's ever spewed from his mouth has been wrong. Every news net work & comedian is laughing at him, except Fox News... go figure because they're just as worthless. He's at the end of his years as is, why would you wish more insult on the old man? It would be deeply offensive to make fun of one single person, & even better, could result in law suits in the future if gaia had made an item that symbolized & made fun of him.
Whats more, lets go back to the Raptor Jesus, since its so far up your a** - might as well remove the bug & hope that its head comes out. Raptor Jesus is an internet meme that has been around for two years or longer. Its a joke, harmlessly made that only zealots & people who can't take a joke would be offended by - clearly you, in this matter. Being that its a joke, a widely popular one with a large following, its easy to take it & add on to it. Millions of other sites & internet users across the world have done it. This is not exclusive to the United States or Gaiaonline for that matter. Its a widely known joke, better known than Harold Camping will ever be even if he got a dooms day theory right for once in his life, so people will know & understand the item no matter who they are or where they live. The only people who wouldn't get it would be people who don't understand the interweb or how the interweb culture works, again clearly & probably you. This could go on forever, this worthless back & forth trash over small details because of your lack of simple acceptance. Even ignoring the stupidity would do you some good, but just the same you cling to the fight & desperately claw for excuses to fight your point to the bitter end. Foolishness... & wasted effort. Its a shame to see you'd waste so much energy in an attempt to waste the lives of others for reasons already given to you. Pointless... very pointless.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff