Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
christians are getting offended over an item?
well they should've thought about that before spreading lies.
Hey, IT'S MAY 23RD! the world didn't end...Christian preachers said the world would end May 21st. Oh how wrong they are...

Partying Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Mal Shaded
CleoSombra
Fun fact:

Not everybody's reason for being offended has anything to do with Christianity or religion. Try again.

Then why don't you explain to us what other things it's about.

Trollers gonna troll.
I believe in big J, but I'm not offended by the item.
Its just based off of a dumb meme that was never funny.

I prefer my raptors and Jesus as two separate things.

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Fifth attempt? Fifth? I knew of this one and another in the 90s.. but three more times? And anyone believes him? Sheesh.

Mega Genius

11,750 Points
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
I'm also Christian but don't care about the item, a item isn't going to make me re-think my religion and I KNOW it's just for fun. People who take it further then just something done as a joke have no lives.

I remember when some guy got pissed because Fanta was a sponsor for awhile and they were all "GAIA IS PRO NAZI!"
Hidan is a Beast
CleoSombra
Fun fact:

Not everybody's reason for being offended has anything to do with Christianity or religion. Try again.

I laughed at your hat...

i did too
Mal Shaded
CleoSombra
Fun fact:

Then why don't you explain to us what other things it's about.

I've been posting about it in other threads, so this post is really just going to be a copy-pasta of other things I've written.

This isn't about Christianity or religion. It's about making fun of people's beliefs. Like "LOL, there are people that are so crazy that they think the world is going to end! ROFL!"

It's not . . . funny. People being with their families, eating what they feel is going to be their last meal . . . that's not funny. It's not something to make fun of. People quitting their jobs, giving away their money and their house . . . that's not funny. The belief might be ridiculous, but it's not something to mock.

It just strips people of their dignity. It's belittling.

At least with Southpark and Family Guy and shows like that, they mock anything and everything. But with Gaia, it's not like that. Gaia will ban you for trolling and making fun of others. I got a warning for saying "they're being dicks," 'they' being an anonymous group of people.

If someone went around posting a picture of a Raptor Jesus in a Religion/Morality thread, they'd be warned for spamming and for trolling. For posting material meant to annoy, bother, or irritate people.

Why is it that Gaia doesn't have any religious symbols - no images of Christ, or Buddha, no star of David or Pillars of Faith, but it's perfectly find to post memes mocking what beliefs they prescribe as being silly? If we're going to mock anyone who believes in the Rapture, then why not mock anyone who believes in Jesus or Buddha or God? These beliefs can all be seen as irrational or crazy or strange. By making fun of some and not others, you're saying that some are stupid and others are not. Some are worth showing dignity and respect to, others are not.

Apparently, people who believed that they were going to leave this earth yesterday are not worth showing respect to.

Mega Genius

11,750 Points
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Blossomed Death
Hey, IT'S MAY 23RD! the world didn't end...Christian preachers said the world would end May 21st. Oh how wrong they are...

It wasn't Christians spreading the rumor, some dude came up with the date after some "calculations" he's been wrong like..two other times I think.

7,850 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
I take no offense ^^
Then again I just came back and have no idea what item your talking about blaugh

3,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
and that man should've realised, in the bible it says "guessing the end of the world is a sin, it is not an answer given to Humanity."
Thus, we don't need the answer because if the world ends, we'll just die.
No epic -nuke- the asteroids thing (Morgan freeman explains why Nuking asteroids is not a good idea) we just die.
There will NEVER be nuclear war as the UN controls all nukes, Plus, we have anti-nuke defences.

The world will not end. We've had 200,000 years of history, the Dinosaurs had 60 million.
I think we'll live a bit longer.

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
VampireQueen1389
Blossomed Death

It wasn't Christians spreading the rumor, some dude came up with the date after some "calculations" he's been wrong like..two other times I think.

You again it's like yesterday all over again minus the 10k and ink of course

Mega Genius

11,750 Points
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Shadow - Master Assassin
VampireQueen1389
Blossomed Death

Haha yeah, I stalk forums when I'm bored ninja
I don't see what the big hype is, but then again, some people are more sensitive than others.

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
VampireQueen1389
Shadow - Master Assassin
VampireQueen1389
Blossomed Death

Haha yeah, I stalk forums when I'm bored ninja

Lol yeah I'm bored too that's probably why i ran into you again

Wealthy Prophet

5,100 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
I hate people who even talk about relegion, if they want to they should find a forum about it, that includes Atheist and Theist alike, I am not attacking anyone.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff