Hallowed Humorist

7,650 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
That Scruffy Mule
Pyres
Bloodspatteredangel
Gaia should have made people pay gold as the entry fee instead of GC. I could see some people wiping out a lot of gold after a while.

Also, gaia should give at least some gold out to people who score in the top 3. I've been screwed out of so many winnings because someone last minute snipes and beats me by 300points or less. :I

I posted an idea in the GCD on this actually...

Example.

100,000 Gold to enter tournament, everyone who enters pays 100,000 gold.. the jackpot/winnings are what everyone entered, 1st place gets 90% of the winnings, 2nd gets 7%, and 3rd gets 3%

So say 20 people entered this tournament, that'd be a 2 million pot.

1st would get 1,800,000
2nd would get 140,000
3rd would get 60,000
The point of a gold sink is to pull gold out of the system, not simply concentrate it all in the hands of a few individuals.

How about the system takes away a certain amount of the pot? For exmaple:
1st Place - 80%
2nd Place - 7 %
3rd Place - 3 %
System - 10%

And with so many people begging for gold tournaments, it's likely over 100 people would enter, meaning a lot of gold could be drained. Also, there should be a range of tournament costs/prizes, as with the G-Cash ones. That way, everybody from the rich for poor, would play, and return some gold to the system.

Sweet Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
ikr LOL burning_eyes dramallama

Sweet Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
ikr LOL burning_eyes dramallama

Playful Phantom

Mizuno Aoi
I agree with the premise.

I thought, this could of been the gold sink Gaia was wanting. They talked about inflation and raising the MP tax and stupidly did Flynn's Booty right after. Then this and, yeah... What could of been an excellent gold sink is just another cash grab.

I'm really not sure if they're serious about fixing the economy or not. D:

Aged Genius

As you wish.

Beloved Exhibitionist

18,375 Points
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • 50 Wins 150
codemonkey37179
As you wish.

Just saw the announcement.
Good Work :}

Lonely Player

codemonkey37179
As you wish.

YOU SIR ARE A GOD!
THANK YOU!

Ruthless Millionaire

codemonkey37179
As you wish.

Sorry to quote you directly with this, but gaia cash tournaments are not working right now. The game crashes when trying to enter the tournaments.

Aged Genius

Nautilust
codemonkey37179
As you wish.

Sorry to quote you directly with this, but gaia cash tournaments are not working right now. The game crashes when trying to enter the tournaments.

Thanks for letting me know. It is fixed now.

Lunatic

codemonkey37179
As you wish.
Does wishing work for sammiches, too?
'Preciate the update.
Now if only something could be done about Flynn...

Ah, and while you're lurking about, a friend of mine was having some trouble posting. He could post in guilds, and edit old posts, but could not make new posts in forums. Then he'd be able to make one or two posts, and it would break again. He was having the same problem on multiple accounts, IIRC. He told me about it via PMs as we were also discussing other things. Haven't heard from him in a few days now, not sure whether it ever got resolved.
Is this some sort of known issue?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces