Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Darling

13,800 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Object of Affection 150
Dr4g0n St4rr

Where the heck is the Radio Loyalty? I've been trying to save up my GC but I've never heard of it... owo

It's in the "V11 volume add" section if it shows up. First it asks your bday+year, then "if you qualify" It says something like "Would you like to listen to radio for free and get rewards?"-or "Get rewards for listening" or have a link with a picture of a girl with headphones on. ^^; If you don't like the music you can mute it too.

Here's what the page looks like if you get to it, and if you do you should favorite it so you can keep using it and get the reward for typing in the captcha and clicking the button. Hopefully you can find it and it works for you, as for some reason it doesn't always show up nor does it work for everyone. v-v
User Image

Supreme Otaku

30,765 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Object of Affection 150
Jewely
Dr4g0n St4rr

Where the heck is the Radio Loyalty? I've been trying to save up my GC but I've never heard of it... owo

It's in the "V11 volume add" section if it shows up. First it asks your bday+year, then "if you qualify" It says something like "Would you like to listen to radio for free and get rewards?"-or "Get rewards for listening" or have a link with a picture of a girl with headphones on. ^^; If you don't like the music you can mute it too.

Here's what the page looks like if you get to it, and if you do you should favorite it so you can keep using it and get the reward for typing in the captcha and clicking the button. Hopefully you can find it and it works for you, as for some reason it doesn't always show up nor does it work for everyone. v-v
User Image

I've never seen it before, but I'll keep my eye out for it. Thank you >w<

Super Winner

Lily Lyssa
Real life money? You can get free cash everyday on each landing page, and more from watching videos from the cash tree link. Most people spending cash to enter the higher tournaments are probably using free cash Gaia already gave them. People have gotten into that cash shop club thing entirely with free cash, Gaia could be a lot more greedy. Play Maple Story sometime, try having to re-buy your cash items every three months. Now that's greedy.

And yes, they are testing for glitches and bugs, right now. Its basically a site wide beta test. They can't hire the amount of people it would take to simulate the amount of members that could be playing all at once in any point in time. Of course its not going to be perfect.

I PLAY MAPLESTORY no one buys cash items lol i play for fun

i feel like games are all what you make of them

although i do agree with cookieven xD the ads annoy me neutral

NotMyLover's Queen

Naughty Kitten

16,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
rainbowlady1
Lily Lyssa
People have gotten into that cash shop club thing entirely with free cash

Really? I thought I saw it was from actually investing real money to buy gaiacash ($100 real money worth in a year) that qualifies you for club verge, not getting free gaiacash to make the $100 up (10,000 gaia cash is $100 real money). I don't know how many offers that would be xd lol but I doubt it was from watching videos for 2-4 gc's per xd .

Even if the daily treat worked all the time, and each and every time you got 4gc's from the video
(which it doesn't, and you don't always get 4 lol) best case scenario is:

4gc x 6 tabs per day = 24/day
24 x 7 days = 168/wk
168 x 4 wks = 672/month
672 x 12 months = 8064/yr

That's pretty impressive added up but still falls short of the qualifications wink .
That's all the thunder and show of the free gcash videos. Any country outside the US won't have those opportunities, as stated in a previous comment. Also, this is assuming everyone has the time to sit through that many annoying ads that will occasionally require attention. And that everyone has a system that can actually cooperate with the ads. So not everyone can get all that gcash that Gaia is literally throwing at us.

Ruthless Roisterer

27,500 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Master Slayer 200
I have to say I'm one of those people too broke (and who don't see the sense) in paying perfectly good money for pixels. It takes me a good month or two to save up enough gcash through offers to buy one 499 item from the cash shop and I can never ever afford anything from any of the "special sales" gaia does (with items ranging in the thousands).

However....

With that being said gaia is offering a new free game for members to play for FUN free of charge. What do you expect? To pay nothing and be entered in a tournament with a prize of several million and possibly an extremely rare item? Not very likely. Therefore the people who are actually putting forth money to the site are getting valuable prizes in return. They input more, they get more back.

There's a lot of things I agree on, dedicated members who have been on gaia for a long time should be rewarded more, many of the free event items aren't even worth it, prices of items are getting ridiculously steep. However at the same time I'm tired of people bitching and whining about not having everything handed to them for free. I don't get what is so hard to understand about Gaia rewarding those who contribute more monetarily to their site. Internet games have been doing this for years now-hell! Even real life stores tend to reward higher paying customers better.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is I understand, I partially agree but I also think it's ridiculously silly to complain about not getting the same benefits as someone who monetarily supports the site. =I

Lucky Hoarder

74,775 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Hellraiser 500
So, no cash = no rewards? Okay then, back to fishing. emotion_awesome

Tipsy Vampire

Grinning Wolf8
I have to say I'm one of those people too broke (and who don't see the sense) in paying perfectly good money for pixels. It takes me a good month or two to save up enough gcash through offers to buy one 499 item from the cash shop and I can never ever afford anything from any of the "special sales" gaia does (with items ranging in the thousands).

However....

With that being said gaia is offering a new free game for members to play for FUN free of charge. What do you expect? To pay nothing and be entered in a tournament with a prize of several million and possibly an extremely rare item? Not very likely. Therefore the people who are actually putting forth money to the site are getting valuable prizes in return. They input more, they get more back.

There's a lot of things I agree on, dedicated members who have been on gaia for a long time should be rewarded more, many of the free event items aren't even worth it, prices of items are getting ridiculously steep. However at the same time I'm tired of people bitching and whining about not having everything handed to them for free. I don't get what is so hard to understand about Gaia rewarding those who contribute more monetarily to their site. Internet games have been doing this for years now-hell! Even real life stores tend to reward higher paying customers better.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is I understand, I partially agree but I also think it's ridiculously silly to complain about not getting the same benefits as someone who monetarily supports the site. =I

I think a lot of people(myself included) who can't afford GC or are unable to complete offers due to living in a foreign country etc, might like the idea of there being a Gaia Gold Fee section at least so they can have a chance at competing in a tournament with gold rewards too. Obvs, on a smaller scale than the GC ones but still something. HoC was a source of gold income for a lot of folks and with that being removed and no new way to earn gold, people are bound to be disappointed.

Ruthless Roisterer

27,500 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Master Slayer 200
Violette Cielle
Grinning Wolf8

However....

I think a lot of people(myself included) who can't afford GC or are unable to complete offers due to living in a foreign country etc, might like the idea of there being a Gaia Gold Fee section at least so they can have a chance at competing in a tournament with gold rewards too. Obvs, on a smaller scale than the GC ones but still something. HoC was a source of gold income for a lot of folks and with that being removed and no new way to earn gold, people are bound to be disappointed.

This is very true and I agree, I can't afford it either and I would like it if there was a smaller gold prize as well offered. It's a shame that Gaia can't utilize ads for other countries for people who are from foreign countries. I imagine in order for this to happen their global department would have to be greatly expanded. They also have to be careful in what countries they offer things in (as we've seen with the anime based items that they are not legally allowed to sell to people in foreign countries).

There's also plenty of other sources for gold between the daily rewards, booty grab, poll voting and mainly from ZOMG. I'll be honest when I say I don't personally have the time to sit down and play Zomg for gold. But I also realize that once again (similar to the gcash) the chance to gain money is still there offered to everyone I just can't personally partake in it and so I won't be able to afford those expensive items. It sucks but it makes sense.

I do hope in the future however more ads will be made available to you foreign country guys.

Noble Rogue

Grinning Wolf8

However....

This. this post completely.

Like you, I'm too poor to be all, Money for Pixels. I'll admit I used to spend money on this site, but because at the time i had a job and could do this kind of thing. It was more of "I support this site because..." reasons.
Now, after being jobless for so long, I realize that It was a bit of money wasted, but if it was to help support a site where i made some really good friends that i still have right now, then It was money well spent.
(Sadly I restarted a while before they introduced Club Verge, and the GC i spent on that account does not carry over, so I do not have the lovely privilege of being able to go into club verge.)

Anyways yes. What you said. is completely how I feel this should be viewed.
Violette Cielle
But even if people had a primary source for gold, just cause one got taken away, doesn't mean all the options got taken away.

Going through the posts, I saw that there were things that restricted people from doing things on gaia. like dial-up, or incompatible programs.
The flash games aren't the only form to earn gold. There is also the forums.
I'm not saying that they are the greatest form to earn gold on gaia, but it is another way. And I'm not just limiting this to shops or the exchange. There are Charity Threads, some people make quest threads where random people will help donate to your goal. There are also giveaways and contests.

And to those who want to voice their opinions about this game's costing GC;

If you read some of the posts going on(not only in this thread), you learn stuff. Like 10gc lets you enter a tournament where top prize is 500k gold.
"10 gaia cash" people. It's not like gaia is asking you for $100 USD just to play the game.
I was even told 100 Gaia cash lets you enter once in the 10mil gold Tournaments.

honestly with this kind of "cost" you all can challenge yourself to try and win in at least one of these tournaments once a week.

Noble Rogue

(forgot to put my 2cents on this)

As to the Gold for gold tournaments, yeah. I'm all for that. If anything a person can create a tournament where they stake their own chosen amount, and then a limited or unlimited amount of people join in to play.
all play to get the top score, and top score gets all if not most of it(just to be fair)

Vicious Sex Symbol

19,900 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
Lily Lyssa
Real life money? You can get free cash everyday on each landing page, and more from watching videos from the cash tree link. Most people spending cash to enter the higher tournaments are probably using free cash Gaia already gave them. People have gotten into that cash shop club thing entirely with free cash, Gaia could be a lot more greedy. Play Maple Story sometime, try having to re-buy your cash items every three months. Now that's greedy.

And yes, they are testing for glitches and bugs, right now. Its basically a site wide beta test. They can't hire the amount of people it would take to simulate the amount of members that could be playing all at once in any point in time. Of course its not going to be perfect.

Couldn't agree more on this one.
Plus, it really is up to you whether you'd want to buy GC or not. They're not forcing you to buy anything, and these items are also obtainable in the marketplace. Definitely not impossible- if it's in the millions, then there's questing. Like I said, not impossible. When there's a will, there's a way.

Maple-Story is goddamn horrible in terms of cash shop.

Hilarious Hellraiser

14,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
rainbowlady1

Really? I thought I saw it was from actually investing real money to buy gaiacash ($100 real money worth in a year) that qualifies you for club verge, not getting free gaiacash to make the $100 up (10,000 gaia cash is $100 real money). I don't know how many offers that would be xd lol but I doubt it was from watching videos for 2-4 gc's per xd .

Even if the daily treat worked all the time, and each and every time you got 4gc's from the video
(which it doesn't, and you don't always get 4 lol) best case scenario is:

4gc x 6 tabs per day = 24/day
24 x 7 days = 168/wk
168 x 4 wks = 672/month
672 x 12 months = 8064/yr

That's pretty impressive added up but still falls short of the qualifications wink .

I think you're forgetting to factor in the cash tree videos too.
I watched Doc Mc Stuffins like 60 times in one day and earned over 100gc that day,
Otherwise I am extremely disappointed with the new game.
Absolutely no incentive for me to waste cash i could spend on my aquarium.
Really they need to add some kind of reward because I'm not going to waste any more time with that crap. I love you Gaia, but you're starting to push me away.

Hilarious Hellraiser

14,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Accalia the white knight

many people can not use the gc videos. People still have dial up internet and if you have ever used that you should understand what i mean. When i first joined this site used to be completely free and they didnt even have gc. I agree with the original post. This is just another way to get money.

I remember those days too. Things were simpler back then and if you had 1mil gold you were super rich! Nowadays it is nothing. The only feature they have added that is worth a damn is BootyGrab and Tanks. Gaia, Money does not make the World Go Around. If you find that this is just not feeding you then maybe you should find another source of income. I am broke...

Witty Wolf

Kelso The Great
Accalia the white knight

many people can not use the gc videos. People still have dial up internet and if you have ever used that you should understand what i mean. When i first joined this site used to be completely free and they didnt even have gc. I agree with the original post. This is just another way to get money.

I remember those days too. Things were simpler back then and if you had 1mil gold you were super rich! Nowadays it is nothing. The only feature they have added that is worth a damn is BootyGrab and Tanks. Gaia, Money does not make the World Go Around. If you find that this is just not feeding you then maybe you should find another source of income. I am broke...

i understand they got bills to pay to but they make money from each ad every time its ran, plus the ads on the side of the screen plus the new ads they have added to loading pages. not including what people spend in real money.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff