Welcome to Gaia! ::

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Elocutionist 200
((I'm about to fall over from sleep deprevation and exhaustion caused by noisy little kids, so I'm going to call it a night. I'll be back tomorrow! Go ahead and begin without me. My character is just kind of hanging out at the moment. lol ))

Ethereal Darkness generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 7!

Wrathful Lover

23,425 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I Wanna Be a Player!

Username: Ethereal Darkness

Character Name: Vnyr LeVanox (pronounced: Veh-near Le-Va-Nox)

About my character:

A rather quiet fellow, if one could call Vnyr such, who wears a mask with one side bearing remarkable grandeur and the other rather horrendous and horrifying. Perhaps a metaphor for something yet to be deciphered -- that aside, it serves its purpose for a masquerade... although not necessarily equipped for that purpose. Aside from the mask, Vnyr wears a strange outfit that could be easily described as layers upon layers of strange dark tattered rags formed into something similar to a puffy fur coat -- further obscuring physical identification and gender. A light rattling and jingling noise follows as Vnyr walks and only the curious would bother trying to figure out what could be hiding underneath the coat -- though the randomly dropped items that trail behind Vnyr, ranging from crumpled balls of paper, silverware, and the occasional penny, only discourages those hoping for valuables.

Perhaps the most interesting about this person is their soft wispy voice -- forcing people to move their heads nearby, the mask making it a difficult task, just to hear what is being said...

Though Vnyr is a rather quiet person... a hunger for amusement serves as a reason to wander and engage in rather lively, through body language, interactions with people. Among the things that amuse Vnyr are riddles, puzzles, anagrams, and symbols. But most of all... Vnyr loves to play with people, although "play" doesn't necessarily bear a positive tone.

The talk of the disappearance of a person and the curious air about the manor was enough to convince Vnyr to wander about inside in hopes of amusement to last a very... very long time...

Ethereal Darkness generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 12!

Wrathful Lover

23,425 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

((Lol... XD I am totally going to have fun with this character... if not already with the description LOL -- feel free to make me whatever role though... lol I actually wouldn't mind or be surprised to be something unexpected for the plot XDDD... I honestly don't know what to do yet sooooo yeah---waiting for some start point :3))

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Object of Affection 150
((Nighty-night, Chibi! Sleep well!))

Tallulah sat up and rubbed her head. What a wild party that was last night! That was the last time she would go to a speakeasy with that guy...all she really remembered was that the cops showed up to break up the party. Her memory was a little fuzzy after that...but at least she was in her own bedroom and not in jail. That was a good sign.

Then she came fully awake as she realized that she could see right through her own body...and then she remembered. This was not 1927. Many years had passed since then, and she was still in the family manor, and still unsure exactly why she was no longer among the living. That night so long ago held the key to so many things, but there seemed to be no way to get any answers. The only one who had ever remotely understood her anyway was her sweet, sad niece Elsa. Elsa was the one who had secretly encouraged her to try her luck in Hollywood in the moving pictures, as well as being the one who gloated to the rest of the family when Tallulah actually became a star, and Elsa was also the one who had not allowed the family to throw away any of Tallulah's things after that dreadful night in the speakeasy. Even Elsa, though, just shrugged her shoulders and gave a sad little smile whenever Tallulah tried to inquire about the last night of her own life. But apparently she would never rest until the truth was uncovered. Tallulah also couldn't shake the feeling that Elsa was also somehow tied to the tragedy of that long-ago night, but she could never put her finger on exactly why she felt that way. Even the house itself held no clues.

The sound of music, and of Elsa's voice, shook Tallulah out of her reverie. Elsa was saying something about a guest--something that had not happened in this house for years! Tallulah had to see who was here, and why. A party might be just what she and her niece needed to break the monotony of being in this house.

Tallulah stood up and went to her vanity, studying her reflection in the mirror. Her wavering image was literally a shadow of its former glory. She still had on her black sparkly dress, her black pearls, and the matching fascinator that presently hung from her jet-black bob in a sad wilt. She adjusted the fascinator in her hair and concentrated on looking a little less ghostly. It took so much strength to materialize, and even when she wasn't transparent, she was just far too pale! She needed rouge, and eyeshadow, and lipstick! But as was always the case when she tried to actually use these things, her hand floated right through them. She was no longer actually solid; she could only make herself look a little less transparent for a little while. Shaking her head and giving a sad little smile at her appearance, she crossed the room, floated through the door, and descended the staircase.

In the ballroom, she saw Elsa chatting with someone she'd never seen before. Tallulah hurried into the room and offered an elegant wave.

"Hello, dahlings!" she exclaimed cheerfully. "I heard the two of you chatting and I just had to come down and see what you were up to. And please excuse my appearance, dahlings; I just look like death today!"

((I'm just making this up as I go along; please don't be offended/weirded out by my ghost character! ^_^ Plus I'm, like, LAUGHABLY bad at roleplaying, so...yeah. And yes, my character does occasionally make macabre jokes about being a ghost. It's how she copes, lol!))

Katzenstreu Gesicht generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 4!

Olivia White never lied to herself or others about being a particularly brave person. Though, to be fair, she wasn't a total coward either, but she'd never been one of those girls, growing up, that actively went into danger and dares. They were silly, she'd often remark. (This, in turn, gave way to all her friends rolling their eyes and giggling in an extremely annoying manner.) But what was going on now went beyond little lies and all those childish things.

"Johnathan!" This had to be the tenth time she'd called his name in the span of five minutes. "Excuse me?" she turned to a passing couple, one of which was dressed as an angel and other other a devil. "Have you seen a little boy, about eight," here she held her hand at about the height of her waist, "about this high and wearing a pumpkin costume? Well, more like a jack-o-lantern since it has a face on it, but-" She was obviously frantic and rambling, the stress of the situation getting to her.

The couple, it seemed, couldn't decide on whether they should feel pity or fear towards her. "I'm sorry," the angel said, "we haven't."

Olivia ran her hands through her hair and sighed. "Okay, okay. Thank you," she said, halfheartedly and started to walk past them, down the sidewalk. Another person who hadn't seen him. Great, just-

"What kind of kid is he?" It was the devil speaking.

Olivia slowed and turned back to them. "What?" The devil scoffed a little, obviously bothered to clarify.

"Does he like... this?" The devil gestured at the signs of festivities around them. Pumpkins, ghosts, cobwebs and any number of assortments that went alongside Halloween. She raised a brow, wondering what the demon was getting at.

"Yeah," she answered. After all, what kid didn't like Halloween?

A smirk. "Then, he might be in the old MacGregor's Manor. It's pretty popular this time of year, what with the old ghost stories and all." She blinked, absorbing this new information. In a way, it made sense. Johnathan has wanted to go to one of those haunted mansions things, but she had denied him the pleasure, since she thought it would be too scary for him. And she should know, being his mother and all.

"...Thank you."

"No prob'." The devil watched as she made her way back down the street, questioning everyone she saw anew about this manor. The results from that proved more fruitful than before, as the second person she met was able to point her in the right direction. As she might've expected, the place was like the perfect picture of what you'd expect a haunted manor to be. She stood outside it for awhile, not sure what to do, when she heard music. Hope fluttered in her chest.

"Johnathan?" But upon walking up the steps and through the doors, she didn't find him. Only a woman... transparent? No, no. She shook her head. She was just a little stressed, that's all. "I'm sorry, I thought-" Thought what?

"I didn't mean to barge in. I'm just looking for someone."

((LONG POST. ><;; And it's okay~ I think you're a good RPer! And goodnight, Chibi!))

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
((Thankies! ^_^ And don't worry about making long posts--you should have seen my posts in the 10th Annual Ball Halloween Event Thread! Me+being bored late at night+fun RP=tl;dr plsts! lol

Well, I guess I'd better sign off so I can go to bed in a little while. See you later! Good night! ))

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
((Alv, don't make me beat you with my confidence stick again. wink You're a great roleplayer, and you're getting better and better at it!))

((Welcome, ED! Your character sounds just fine, so don't worry. lol))

More and more people were entering her family's old home. She was glad of the company, though having guests made her have a strange feeling that she couldn't quite figure out. Her aunt Tallulah had been living with her ever since she woke up in the empty house, and the two of them hadn't had any company until now. she greeted her aunt as she came down the stairs.

"Tallulah! Isn't it wonderful! We have guests! Maybe they can help me find out how I died. It's so odd that I can't remember how it happened. You've told me stories about your dead over and over. As if I weren't weird enough when I was alive, I have to be weird as a ghost too."

She laughed to herself, obviously not taking herself seriously. She danced with herself in place to Beethoven's 5th as the guests came in. She was a bit startled to hear a living woman yelling the name, Johnathan.

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
((Does anyone have any idea how to play the game? I killed 8 wolves, died, and then got stuck as a wolf. I can't figure out how to make my stats stick either. I want an instruction manual!))
((There's one in the main Masquerade forum, but it's pretty basic. I think your stats are separate for each side. Like, my werewolf is level 2, while my human is 1. If that's what you meant. 3nodding ))

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Katzenstreu Gesicht
((There's one in the main Masquerade forum, but it's pretty basic. I think your stats are separate for each side. Like, my werewolf is level 2, while my human is 1. If that's what you meant. 3nodding ))

((I've looked at that guide, but I don't really get it. It doesn't seem like this is one where we're attacking by post actions, but I haven't been able to level up through the flash game either.))

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Malomy's avatar Mademoiselle Alvinette's avatar GalateasFire's avatar GreenInkling's avatar
*this is a test*
LilChibiusa
((I've looked at that guide, but I don't really get it. It doesn't seem like this is one where we're attacking by post actions, but I haven't been able to level up through the flash game either.))

((Well, it seems that there's some people you can attack and stuff. It's pretty random, methinks. o3o;; The flash game seems pretty separate. But yeah, it is pretty confusing, I'll give you that.))

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Katzenstreu Gesicht
LilChibiusa

((Well, it seems that there's some people you can attack and stuff. It's pretty random, methinks. o3o;; The flash game seems pretty separate. But yeah, it is pretty confusing, I'll give you that.))

((Hopefully they'll let us know what to do at some point. I can't make heads or tails of this event. At least we can roleplay in the meantime.))

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
((How do you kill someone? I attacked a living human's post for a total of 150 points of damage, but she never died.))

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
LilChibiusa
((Alv, don't make me beat you with my confidence stick again. wink You're a great roleplayer, and you're getting better and better at it!))

((Welcome, ED! Your character sounds just fine, so don't worry. lol))

More and more people were entering her family's old home. She was glad of the company, though having guests made her have a strange feeling that she couldn't quite figure out. Her aunt Tallulah had been living with her ever since she woke up in the empty house, and the two of them hadn't had any company until now. she greeted her aunt as she came down the stairs.

"Tallulah! Isn't it wonderful! We have guests! Maybe they can help me find out how I died. It's so odd that I can't remember how it happened. You've told me stories about your dead over and over. As if I weren't weird enough when I was alive, I have to be weird as a ghost too."

She laughed to herself, obviously not taking herself seriously. She danced with herself in place to Beethoven's 5th as the guests came in. She was a bit startled to hear a living woman yelling the name, Johnathan.

"Well, dahling," Tallulah corrected, "I'm a bit hazy on the details of my own passing, and I'm just as in the dark about your demise as mine!" Then, the realization that Elsa had just called herself "weird" struck Tallulah. Elsa was a sweet, loving, intelligent soul, and Tallulah didn't want her to think of herself in a negative way.

She turned to Elsa and said, "Did I just hear you call yourself 'weird?' I won't hear of it! You are not weird! You are a wonderful person, you're my favorite niece, and if anybody thinks you're strange, that's because they're jealous of you for being prettier and smarter than they are! You hear me?"

Then, turning to the lady who had been calling the name "Johnathan," Tallulah extended her black-gloved hand and said, "Please forgive my manners. I'm Tallulah MacGregor, Elsa's aunt. Welcome to our home!"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff