Welcome to Gaia! ::

Widow

Unholy Abomination

52,100 Points
  • War of the Roses 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100
User Image

Mae watched the little confrontation with the detective, a female guest and Noir. In the end it just resulted in Noir turning back into an imp, and running away. Sighing, she turned back to Beni.

"Looks like I'm not the only one who believes he stole my brooch, though it is a bit unnerving that that group had been watching us so closely." Mae paused to listen to Konani's story. She still hated the man and his smugness, but she had to admit it was a pretty great story.

"I don't know what to do now, he will be so tiny and hard to find. And I can't help but feel like finding his friend to ask her to make him return it, would be a mistake. After all, he said she was some kind of crazy culti-" Mae stopped, something had been jogged in her memory. She stared again at Beni's skull hairpins, "Beni. . . I remember where I saw your hairpins. There was an article about a dangerous cult, the girl they arrested had the same hairpins. They represented something in the cult." Mae stopped again, had she said too much? She took a step back from the women, hoping some of the nosy little group was at least still watching them in case something happened.

[[ Remember today is the day to send in your guesses to Steins pet mule! You can change your guess if you need to, but today only! Your last guess will be your final. Also, last day to enter the scary story contest! See the posts on the front page for info. ]]

Widow

Unholy Abomination

52,100 Points
  • War of the Roses 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100
[[ Guys please submit your guess for murderer, we only have one guess so far, and today is the only day you can submit a guess for the gold prize. Send guesses to Steins pet mule ]]

Shirtless Feeder

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Survivor 150
Beni watched intently as The Kon said his story. Dolls seemed to be a recurring theme tonight. So fragile, so unnervingly innocent. Wide eyes that could very well suck out your very soul. Soft curls that seemed to be made of actual hair. Beni recalled a doll she owed. It was made just for her, when she was but a child sitting on her grandfather's lap. That had been many years ago. A different time, a different Beni.

"Indeed. All those eyes..." Beni shivered slightly, though it was merely for emphasis. She had tried to find Noir again, but once he had turned into an imp, he vanished from sight. It seemed everyone was having a hard time finding him. The detective and his gaggle seemed to have given up on any hopes of finding him. It was for the best. It would be moot, at this point.

Beni let her mind drift slightly until a word jogged her back.

Cult.
Cult.
Cult.

Beni looked at Mae. What was it in Beni's eyes? Fear? Anger? "You...of all people...would believe such an article?" Beni spat, "More slander, written by his enemies to discredit and shame. They must be silenced, for they are the dangerous ones."

Mega Borg

13,525 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie For All! 300
((turned in my vote,super excited to find out who it was))

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
((Turned in my result too. I have a gut feeling I'm wrong.))

Relentless Hunter

15,875 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Crack Shot 50
Detective Taller had been going through the list of suspects when he picked up the word "cult" in the conversation. He didn't take his eyes off the list, but he listened closely.
The hairpins... he hadn't recognized them before, thinking they were simply scary accessories, but now something clicked in his mind... he remembered the arrest, though he hadn't worked the case... Mae was right, the hairpins meant something... but what? He tried to remember, but... he never really knew the details about the cult, he'd been working on a difficult case back then...
Beni was furious. Slander written by "his" enemies, whoever "he" was, Beni called that article... from what he heard, the cult posed a threat, though... he'd heard of them in connection with some murders in summer.
He'd thought it would be easy to find the killer. Now he knew how wrong he was. Everyone on the list of suspects could've done it, everyone had some incriminating evidence in their past, everyone was trying to blame someone else.

Everyone?

Detective Taller blinked. Read through the list of suspects again. Cleaned his glasses and re-read the list. Could it be that obvious? Could he have overlooked somebody the whole time?
(Made my guess before, just pretend I hadn't for this.)

Shadowy Shapeshifter

7,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
[[[Scary Story Entry:
Once upon a time in Tande City, Oklahoma a happy family lived in a mansion. But the happiness ended when strange things start to happen... Lucy Maiteer, the mother of the family, was the 1st victim of the so called Frosted Ghost. Lucy was preparing food for her 1 kid and husband but while cooking the flames of the stove went out. Lucy was frightened but still tried to turn it on but it won't work so she decided to just make instant noodles with a water boiler. Lucy was done making the instant noodles and was about to call on the family when she saw water tracks on the floor it led to the bathroom but instead of going there she just mopped it and called on the family.It was already nighttime when Julius Maiteer , the father of the family, went to the bathroom to pee. When he was about to pee he saw that the toilet was full of blood and had some weird solid things that looked like flesh. Julius was scared and quickly called the police but their line was cut so Julius just ignored it and peed somewhere else and went directly to sleep. Marlyssa Maiteer, one of the kids of the Maiteer family, was playing cards with her friend, Jessie. Eventhough the windows and doors were closed and there was no way wind could have entered, their cards quickly flew around as if a storm was inside their room but as you have read earlier there was no way wind could have entered, the 2 kids were frightened
so Jessie quickly ran out of Marlyssa's house and went to their house while Marlyssa went to her father. After a week of those ghostly experiences the family quickly decided to leave the house the next day but a tragedy had happened for the family as all of them were murdered while sleeping the only one who survived was Marlyssa. She quickly ran out to call for help. When people came they called the police and the hospital. The 2 parents were murdered with a single gunshot which hit their hearts which quickly killed them. Later on after 7 months Marlyssa who is now in an orphanage which special treatment knew that a man was also killed in that house 21 years before and was frozen in a refrigerator. This story has been passed on for centuries and they said that whoever that won't believe this shall be haunted by the Frosted Ghost forever and will be murdered at 5:29 AM exactly 50 days after reading this.

That story is totally not true I made it up so don't be afraid.
And that ends my scary story entry.]]

Relentless Hunter

15,875 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Crack Shot 50
Magnificent Moonbeam

(Me, too... that's the feeling I always get when I hand in my maths tests, too... but maybe my intricate knowledge of ciminal motivations [read: little bits and pieces I got from watching Criminal Intent] will help... )

Widow

Unholy Abomination

52,100 Points
  • War of the Roses 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100
User Image

Mae was taken aback by Beni's outburst, the look in her eyes was terrifying.

"I-I--" Mae stuttered, not knowing where to start, "Slander? His? I only mentioned the hairpins were the same!" She felt her heart skip a beat as Beni finished, "Who are they, Beni? Who needs to be silenced? The. . . journalists?" Mae shared her opinion on journalists, but something about her statement seemed too dark and threatening.

"Beni, who are you?"

Beloved Lunatic

((Um yeah.. guesses.. I don't have one. But FEAR NOT! I had fun. biggrin I have a feeling I'm too late to guess anyway...))
Stella watched the imp disappear into the crowd. "Well that was just rude," she said as Taller went back to the table. She stood there, a little lost as to what to do. This night had just been crazy. And it seemed to be catching up with Stella. With a sullen face, she made her way back to the table and lost no time in plopping her head down on the surface and closing her eyes. Perhaps a bit dramatic, but Stella was tired and just wanted to go home. She knew her three fellow investigators were probably still on the case. But Stella wanted no more. She simply sat there, head to the table, not saying a word and waiting for the police to arrive and tell her she could go home.

Relentless Hunter

15,875 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Crack Shot 50
"Are you all right?", Detective Taller asked Stella. She looked tired... now that he thought of it, he was tired as well. Horribly tired. But he couldn't fall asleep now... maybe he could hear something important... maybe the imp would return... maybe the killer would... no, he definitely couldn't sleep.
Stella didn't answer at first, she'd probably fallen asleep. Not exactly the most comfortable spot for a nap...
He took off his cape and put it around Stella like a blanket. That way, the thing would do more good than if it swished after him dramatically and got stuck on something in the worst possible moment.

Beloved Lunatic

Stella didn't answer Taller's question. Honestly, she was almost asleep. She felt the warmth of something wrapping around her shoulders. Was it.. did the detective have a cape on? Yes, she believed he did. The warmth sent Stella closer to sleep. Soon enough, just closing her eyes had turned into actual sleep, albeit a light one.

Mega Borg

13,525 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie For All! 300
TheTallerOne
Magnificent Moonbeam

(Me, too... that's the feeling I always get when I hand in my maths tests, too... but maybe my intricate knowledge of ciminal motivations [read: little bits and pieces I got from watching Criminal Intent] will help... )
((I love CI thats what Im counting on))

Relentless Hunter

15,875 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Crack Shot 50
Hyunah
TheTallerOne
Magnificent Moonbeam

((I love CI thats what Im counting on))

(Yeah... great show, shame it was cancelled... my avatar was originally supposed to be/look like Nichols, by the way... but yeah, Criminal Intent always is a great source for that sort of stuff... just think "What would Goren do?" [sniff the corpse, that's what], and go from there... only have another hour or two before I have to leave, by the way. Really wish it would've been some other time, other than when the solution and the winners and all are announced...)

Relentless Hunter

15,875 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Crack Shot 50
Detective Taller was tired. He felt as if he was too tired to think. He leaned back in his chair, suppressing a yawn.
But he had to stay awake... he couldn't just take a nap in the middle of a murder investigation... on the other hand, if he messed up because he hadn't had sleep for days... and just a five-minute nap would help... just a little nap... but he had to... he had to sleep...
He closed his eyes and soon fell into an uneasy sleep.
(That's it for today, and probably no posts tomorrow - won't be back until tomorrow evening)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff