Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Shapeshifter

17,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Well I'm pretty sure you didn't run your fingers through someone's ears without permission before, now have you?" the imp growled at the pale woman. He did however notice her brooch, but it was short. Noir would have to get back at her at a later time for that incident. It would be a lovely payback price. He gave a frustrated sigh as he spread and refolded his head wings back into a more comfortable position.

"The name is Noir. Stereotypical of a devil imp, I know," he took a quick scan around the room. From the way he did it, it was possible he was trying to stay out of sight. Then again, the poor fellow stuck out as is with the giant wings attached to his head.

Shirtless Feeder

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Survivor 150
"It sounds like something you would do, Mae..." Beni mused. The woman just seemed like the type to do bold, daring things like that. And judging by the various scandalous comments she recalled from the newspapers, it was a pretty fitting assumption.

"Pleasure to meet you, Noir. My name is Beni," Beni gleamed as she outstretched a hand, hoping he would oblige her. "I must say, you are the first imp I've ever met up close. I've only ever seen pictures. You are even cuter in person."

Relentless Hunter

15,875 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Crack Shot 50
Detective Taller heard the waitress tell her ghost story. At least part of that already happened... it made him feel uneasy. Especially the part about decapitation... one of the few ways to kill an undead person... was this a threat or coincidence?
He rubbed his neck absently. He had to agree with Stella... that woman was a great storyteller.
Maybe he should try to tell a story, too... that might distract from the fact he was investigating the murder.
"Mind if I go on stage for a second? If I tell a ghost story, it might distract others a bit from our investigation", he explained.

Beloved Lunatic

"You tell stories too?" Stella asked as Taller asked to go on stage. He certianly was a surprising one. "I dont mind," she said, giving the detective a smile of encouragement. Honestly, Stella wanted to go onstage and tell a story of her own, but she couldn't think of one. She be happy if Taller one a prize. "Go ahead," she finalized, giving the undead detective a litte shove in the direction of the stage."

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
"If it is what you want to do, detective, I don't mind." Lunar smiled softly to assure Taller that she's okay with him going up on the stage.

Relentless Hunter

15,875 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Crack Shot 50
"All right", Detective Taller said, feeling a lot less nervous after Stella encouraged him to go.
He stepped up on the stage, took a deep breath to steady himself - briefly wondering whether he was going to lose that "habit" over time - and began.

"There was a young girl who lived near the forest. Her mother would allow her to play everywhere, but not in the forest. 'Why?', asked the young girl of her mother, again and again. But her mother would only smile and shake her head.
The girl, as most young girls are, was curious and inquisitive, and often found out things she shouldn't know, went into places where she shouldn't go. So naturally, she went to play in the forest. One day, two days, three days, it went well. Nothing happened, and the girl, curious as ever, went deeper and deeper in the forest on the fourth day.
Soon she saw something that looked like ruins from the distance, and went closer to investigate.
These ruins were the reason she wasn't supposed to go into the forest. They were the ruins of an asylum; the inmates had died a long time ago, of some mysterious illness.
But the girl didn't know. To her, it was merely another adventure. And inside the ruins, she found something. A little porcelain doll, with perfect white skin and closed eyes. The girl decided to take her discovery home, as the doll looked nicer than the ones she already had.
That night, before she went to sleep, she placed the doll on the pillow next to her.
In the middle of the night, the girl awoke, feeling uneasy. Rain pattered and clattered against the windows. The girl thought she had woken from the rain, and went back to sleep.
The next morning, she saw that the doll had opened its eyes. The eyes were pale as the rest of the doll, and the girl wished the doll hadn't changed.
That night, though, she put her arm around the doll protectively.
In the middle of the night, the girl awoke, feeling scared. Wind howled around the house like some lost animal. The girl thought the wind had scared her, and went back to sleep.
The next morning, she saw that the doll's eyes had changed. They looked different now, more alive. But they seemed to watch her.
That night, she didn't hesitate to take the doll in her arms.
In the middle of the night, the girl awoke, feeling terrified, drenched in sweat. It seemed as though the wind was trying to tear the house down, and the rain tried to batter in the windows. The girl thought that was the cause for her nightmare, and went back to sleep.
The next morning, she found that the doll's skin had a slight rosy tinge that wasn't there before.
That night, before she went to sleep, she saw that the doll sat on the pillow already, as if it had waited for her.
In the middle of the night, there was a mighty thunderstorm. Every light in the house went out, even the little girl's nightlight, but the girl didn't wake up.
The next day, when the girl's mother went to see for her, she found her little girl still in bed. Her skin was cold and white as porcelain. She was dead. And next to her, there was the doll. The girl's mother saw that the doll's skin was rosy, and warm to the touch.
That night, the weather was calm.
The next morning, the girl's mother saw that the doll - was
gone."

He waited, gave a slight bow and then left the stage. He was relieved that his stutter hadn't decided to make a triumphant comeback at that moment.
He went back to the table, somehow feeling even more nervous than before he had told the story.

Greedy Shapeshifter

17,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Party Animal 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
He shook Beni's hand firmly. Not friendly, not playful, just a nice firm grip to return the greeting. "Cute? That's something I usually hear about the angelic imps, not my kin," he mused.

Widow

Unholy Abomination

52,100 Points
  • War of the Roses 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100
User Image

[[ Ra: Happy birthday if you do not live on the west coast, if you do then happy early birthday! /birthday hug! ]]

"Ears?" Mae repeated, laughing at her own embarrassment, "Of course ears, it's so obvious now!" She brushed her hair back, trying to act casually. "I was curious." She shrugged, "It isn't like I have my own wings to feel up." Looking down she remembered her feathered sleeves, and hid her arms behind her back.

Hearing Beni's statement, Mae could not really deny it. She bad been quite wild in her youth, until she got married that is. Getting used to doing whatever you want has its drawbacks, and one tends to not be very careful and think things through.

Mae watched Beni's introduction to the imp, and grinned. Attractive supernatural men should know by now how dangerous it is to be around human women.

"Yes, it is nice to meet you Noir." She said when Beni finished speaking, "I'm Mae, this has certainly been an interesting experience." Angelic imps? That did sound pretty darn cute.

Greedy Shapeshifter

17,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Party Animal 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."So I've heard . . ." Noir tilted his head towards the main floor, indicating that he was well aware of the shenanigans that took place when the journalist was announced dead in the freezer. "Quite the theatrics you made of yourself tonight. I do, however, applaud your attempt at silencing that drunken b*****d earlier. I would've just simply dropped a vase on his head myself. Won't kill him, but it'll make him quiet for a few." The imp fell silent into thinking about his proposed plan of action.

"Maybe I should've done that. It would've made the evening more tolerable than it is now," He gave a half-hearted shrug.

Shirtless Feeder

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Survivor 150
"I do admit...those angelic ones are pretty cute but..." Beni paused, listening intently to the detective's story. As he ended it, her lips curled in almost devilish grin. "I..." She began again, "Seem to be attracted to things of a darker nature." She nodded slightly, closing her eyes for a moment, "The dark can be a very beautiful place."

Upon opening her eyes again, she felt the imp's grip. She shook his hand lightly, releasing her hand from his after a good ten second to enjoy the feel.

"An experience, for sure..." Beni murmured. "You would waste a perfectly good vase on that glimmerous fop?"

Greedy Shapeshifter

17,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Party Animal 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Noir looked back to the stage as the man finished his story, "That was a bit chilling, but I like the cliff one better to be honest." He gave some thought into the contest. Perhaps considering on going up himself. Eventually the imp spoke up, "Hmm. . . Perhaps another time. She'll probably bite my head off first." He let his thumbs hang off the belt under his jacket. Soft clicks were muffled under the fabric of his coat. Faint enough that it couldn't be noticed right away, but with careful listening. Then again, with the amount of chatter about the murder from the other guests in the room the listening could prove difficult.

Widow

Unholy Abomination

52,100 Points
  • War of the Roses 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100
User Image

Mae looked back and forth between Noir and Beni, not sure how to react in regards to her earlier fight with Konani and her drunken speech. It seemed like they would not start interrogating her suddenly if she responded, was it now a somewhat safe topic?

"Well you know, champagne and all" she mumbled, fidgeting again with her rose brooch, "And Konani, there is only so much I can take of his calling women disgusting and the like. Especially considering his dirty little hobby."

Mae listened to the scary story, it reminded her of her little lucie doll. It was chilling as Noir mentioned, but not quite as chilling as Beni's strange statement about dark being beautiful. Mae took this opportunity to look over Beni again, while her eyes were closed. She was very lovely and elegant, but also quite intense. Mae noticed some large skull pins in Beni's hair that looked strangely familiar.

"Beni, those are some lovely pins you have in your hair." she said, when Beni opened her eyes again, "I can't help but feel like I have seen them before, are they designer?"

Relentless Hunter

15,875 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Crack Shot 50
When Detective Taller returned to the table, he wondered why he'd just gone up on stage to tell a story. It wasn't like him, he was a detective and not a writer or storyteller...he'd gone up there on a crazy impulse that had masqueraded as flimsy reasoning, and he was almost embarrassed by his story now.
"Next time I plan to publicly humiliate myself, stop me before I go through with it", he said to Stella.
(Might be away for a while, having my glasses checked.)

Shirtless Feeder

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Survivor 150
"I've always found dolls to be slightly unnerving. Though that story from before...was it a waitress who said it? The one that sounds...eerily similar to the situation at hand. A murder at a masquerade. Curious. Most curious," Beni tapped her fingers against her chin in thought.

"She?" Beni asked, when Noir spoke and mentioned someone biting his head off. "Who is she? ...The woman you came with? Yes, I do believe I saw you two arrive." Beni could have sworn she heard something, like the clanks of bracelets slapping together. Perhaps it was some pair of high heels.

Beni slightly rolled her eyes when Mae blamed her actions on the drink. Somehow, she wasn't buying it. But she did have a point. The rampant misogyny was most irritating. Her eyes widened with a hint of surprise when Mae asked about her hair pins. Absent-mindedly, Beni raised her hand to one of the pins.

"Oh...no. They...were a gift."

Widow

Unholy Abomination

52,100 Points
  • War of the Roses 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100
[[ Small change in how we will handle guessing the murderer. Pay very close attention the next couple days, because we will be accepting everyone's votes all day Friday 11/4, until Saturday 12am 11/5 pst/pdt.

Remember you need proof to back up your guess, and you only get one guess! Send your accusations to the prize mule, Steins pet mule. We will reveal the murderer and winner at the end of the event. Thank you! ]]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff