Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Don't worry! A lot of people don't seem to understand what to do. That's where I come in. I believe I've figured out this event enough to explain to you how to play. Scroll down to find the section that pertains to your question.

If you have any questions to ask me, be sure to quote the "Ask me!" post at the bottom of the page or else I might miss your question.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

How to Play

If you have not officially joined the event (meaning, you have not picked a team), and you want to be a Werewolf, post in this thread to become a werewolf. This will not work if you have already joined the human team. Visiting the Flash space seems to default you to human. Supposedly, they are working on this.

When you first officially join the event, a window will pop up asking you to choose your first skill. Humans seem to have a choice between two attack skills and a healing skill, while werewolves get two attack skills.

Each time you level up, you have a chance to learn a new skill. I do not know what the level cap is, though, but I know it's at least lv15 (since I've gotten there before). Yesterday, the experience system was frozen and kills and heals were not being registered. This has since been fixed, but it seems the skills you should learn upon leveling have been lost (I'm not sure if this has been fixed yet).

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Attacking

If you're a human, your targets are the werewolves. If you're a werewolf, your targets are humans. Under your designated target, there should be a button that says "Attack." Click on this button to pull up your attack window. This should display the avatar in the window and their health plus a drop-down menu containing your available skills. Select one of these skills, then press the attack button on the window. If it's successful, you should see the picture change to the character loosing health, then the page should refresh to take into account these changes.

Keep attacking until your target is dead!

If you can't see an Attack button under a target, make sure that your target isn't dead (why kill what's already dead, right?).

If you can't see an Attack button under any target, make sure you're not dead (it's kinda hard to kill things when you're dead, you know).

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Healing

Uh-oh... You died. Now what?

In order to recover health on your own, you need to post in your Team Subforum in order to recover health. Each post in your subforum recovers 10HP.

Your teammates can also heal you for various amounts if they have the available skill. If you have the skill, a "Heal" button should pop up under your teammate (I'm not sure about this, though, since I have not seen it myself).

In order to recover energy, the points needed to attack or heal your allies, you must post in the Main event forum (which you are currently in). Each post nets you 20 Energy.

After you have died, your avatar is Protected for 15 minutes to allow you to heal yourself in your subforum. However, if you attack after you're no longer dead, your protection goes away. Try to get back to as close to full health as you can during those 15 minutes. Apparently, if you heal someone or are healed, both of your protections disappear (if you both happen to be dead). Be careful!

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Item Collection

Every year, the Halloween event gives us some neat, new items for participating, and this year is no different.

First off, we have the 2k11 Jack's Set, consisting of 8, different items. In order to collect the set, you must Trick or Treat in Shops or Towns (will be explained in next post).

There are only three equipable items available from participating in this part of the event: The 2k11 Masquerade Brooch, the Werewolf Skin, and the 2k11 Werewolf Hunter. Each of these items are crafted via Alchemy. Don't worry; they are all level 1 recipes.

In order to collect the ingredients and recipe for the Masquerade Brooch, you must visit the Flashspace. On the bar at the bottom of the screen, next to the text box, there should be something that says "Mask: [x]." Click on the box to pull up 3 different masks to wear. Wearing the first one will place the Masquerade Invite by the right entrance on the lower floor. Wearing the second mask will put the H'ors Dourvs on the table at the top of the first set of stairs. Wearing the last mask will place the Registry Book (I think) on the fountain lip on the first floor, found in the lower-left corner. Collecting all of the items should also net you the recipe in order to make the brooch. Head to the Bifrost in order to craft it.

Important notice: It seems this item was only available during the pre-event since Louie is no longer in the ballroom to initiate the quest.

If you noticed, sometimes when you kill a member of the opposing faction, you would sometimes find something on the ground. These are Alchemy components in order to craft the Werewolf Hunter (if you're human) or the Werewolf Skin (if you're a werewolf). The recipes are available in The Treehouse for 10 Wing Stickers each.

Humans need to find 10 Wolf's Bane, 5 Silver Knives, 2 Werewolf Specimens, and 1 Silver Bullet, plus
5,000 Gold, in order to craft the 2k11 Werewolf Hunter recipe.

Werewolves need to find 10 Werewolf Footprints, 5 Werewolf Fangs, 2 Full Moon Beam, and 1 Lycaeonia Curse, plus 5,000 Gold, in order to craft the Werewolf Skin recipe.

wahmbulance IMPORTANT NOTICE wahmbulance

The Wing Stickers are finally up! They should be on the stat page, right above your stats.

You can collect one each day.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Trick or Treating

You can trick or treat in two places: Towns or Shops.

If you decide to trick or treat in Towns, you must collect 50 Pieces of candy from the various dispensers near the houses, then find Jack in one of the Town Squares to receive your item.

If you decide to trick or treat in Shops, you must collect 19 pieces of candy, then find Jack on the World Map. You can only collect a piece of candy from each shop keeper every 60 seconds. Jack's location on the World Map changes every 10 minutes. This thread should help you find him.

You only receive one item at a time. You receive them in this order: Jack's 2K11 Mask, Jack's 2K11 Mantle, Jack's 2k11 Scarf. Jack's 2K11 Shirt, Jack's 2K11 Pants, Jack's 2k11 Boots, Jack's 2K11 Gloves, and Jack's 2K11 Tattered Belt

After you collected the 8th item, but continue to Trick or Treat, you'll start the cycle over again at the mask.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Changing Sides

You're tired of being a human/werewolf you say? You wish to change sides, you say?

Well, are you sure you can?

Head to this page and look under "My Stats." Look for "Time on Current Team." If it is greater than 1 hour (I do not know if the clock resets when you rejoin an old team), then you are able to change your faction. Head to the flash space and attack the werewolves there. When you die, you have a 50/50 chance of changing sides. Refresh the page in the event forums to make sure the switch was successful. If it wasn't, just reload the flash space and try again.

"But, I can still see my avatar in the header!"

Don't worry! That's completely normal. You are only a werewolf in the event forums. If you post in any non-event forum, your avatar appears as it is up in the header.

If you are becoming a werewolf, your color is chosen completely at random. There are 8 possible outcomes: White, Brown, Black, Gray, Ice (blue), Blood (red), Sparkledog (rainbow), and Shadow (purple). If you don't like your current color, you will need to wait an hour, switch back to human, wait another hour, then switch back to werewolf. Each time you change, your color is chosen at random.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

(Thank you Usukie_Ichihara for the picture)

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Achievements

As per usual with Gaia events, there are special Achievements you can earn for fulfilling certain conditions.

User Image
Hunter
50 Points
Awarded to Moonrise combatants who successfully kill 25 enemies.

Further details: This is based on the kill count. You are allowed to kill the same person toward your Achievement.

User Image
Healer
50 Points
Awarded to Moonrise players who heal 50 teammates.

Further details: You do not need to fully heal people. You just need to actually successfully use your healing ability.

User Image
Survivor
150 Points
Awarded to Moonrise combatants who manage to stay on the same team for 24 hours.

(Thanks to iBalthier for finding these)

(Thanks to Undistinguished for the further details)

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Frequently Asked Questions

Have a question about something that I didn't seem to answer in the previous posts? Ask away! I'll do my best to help.

If there is a particular question being repeatedly asked, I'll post it here.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

ASK ME

Please, if there's anything you're still confused about, do not hesitate to ask!

Quote this post with your question, and I'll answer it to the best of my ability.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Sparkly Browser

10,250 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
helpful c:

Hilarious Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Citizen 200