Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which is the most glaring issue?

The huge neon-green box of DEATH when I move. @_@ 0.31958762886598 32.0% [ 31 ]
The lack of interesting animations, like sitting, lying down, howling, etc. 0.11340206185567 11.3% [ 11 ]
The lowered quality from the original Masquerade event wolves (blurry, pixelated, choppy and sped-up movement animations, etc). 0.072164948453608 7.2% [ 7 ]
ALL OF THEM. They aren't nearly as good as they could have been. 0.37113402061856 37.1% [ 36 ]
NONE OF THEM. They are perfect because I am easily satisfied. 0.072164948453608 7.2% [ 7 ]
SOME OF THEM. I will state which ones bug me the most in a post below... 0.051546391752577 5.2% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 97 ]
1 2 3 >

5,750 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I've noticed a few small (and some not-so-small) problems with the 2k11 Masquerade event Werewolf "I Am" item in stark contrast to the original wolves of the event itself. (By that, I mean the original wolves did not have most of these issues, but the "I Am" item does) I will mark the "changed-from-original" problems in red. Issues that are simply a result of less-than-stellar decisions in the creation of the wolves themselves will be in blue.

wahmbulance 1. Green wall of DEATH! wahmbulance

When moving around (such as in Towns, zOMG or the Masquerade flash space), a large neon-green box of glitched pixels appears around the player's wolf avatar.*

In my opinion, the worst of the problems and the one requiring immediate and unmitigated attention.

*This can be circumvented by equipping certain items that don't override the "I Am" status of the wolf, such as the Trail of Ants item, which will cause the green glitch to vanish at the expense of having to wear another item over your wolf. Though a work-around is still a work-around and not something to simply lie down and accept.

There is no excuse to leave this one alone, Gaia!

2. The animations are... lackluster.

The entirety of the animations of the item are as follows:
-Running

...That's about it. I'm not really asking for too much when I say "How about at least a sitting animation perhaps?" am I? (when you press the "pose" button to cause your human character to sit, he/she will kneel down. The wolf, however, does nothing, save an unremarkable 'pop' downward) I'd like to see something more. Just a little more.

3. The quality has been lowered.

For some reason, there seems to have been a noticeable downgrade to the quality of the wolf sprite since its release as an "I Am" item. The most noticeable quality losses are:

-Slightly blurry sprite image
-Jerky, sped-up running animations
-The "green box of death" glitched pixels (mentioned above)

These are the ones I noticed right off the bat. The blur I would assume is a result of compression issues perhaps to help prevent lag for players in 'wolf high-concentration' areas. A necessary loss, perhaps, but it seemed to work fine in the Masquerade flash space, so I can't see why they'd feel the need.

Next to the green box of death, the sped-up movement animations are, in my opinion, the worst issue here. The original wolf animations were smooth, realistic and generally pleasing to the eye. In fact, one of the very reasons I (and I'm sure many of us) actually liked the sprite and wanted the "I Am" item so badly. For some reason, they've been drastically sped up, resulting in jerky, spastic movement.

These issues have, for me at least, severely lowered the quality of the wolf sprite to the point that I'm more so indifferent to wearing it over my other costumes. (Had they remained the same, I might have never changed back. whee )

I am aware these items were essentially free as a gift from the Gaia staff and to that I am grateful and humbled by your collective generosity, as should we all be. However, at least in the respect to the quality of the original sprites, I would like to see them restored to their former glory. I hold no convictions against stating that they were, in their quality and attention to realistic detail, some of the best things to come out of Gaia in a long time and to see them so detrimentally downgraded is heartbreaking.

crying Please, Gaia, if not for us Gaians, than for yourselves and to the artistry of the original wolf sprites, please return them to their former glory. They deserve to be done due justice. crying

To anyone that agrees, please post a comment and <3 this thread. Any complaints/constructive criticism is completely acceptable, just please keep it clean, be reasonable and be respectful.

If anyone has any suggestions to change/add to this thread, please let me know in a post. But, in the same manner as to the critics, please be reasonable. Don't ask me to add ridiculous things like "They should allow you to choose between all the wolf types" or "I want *insert some insane number here* number of changes/additions/fixes" because the Gaia staff aren't going to listen to outrageous requests. All I'm asking for is for the restoration of the original wolf sprites (and maybe a few extras, perhaps wink ) which I assume would be more doable because it would only require they restore the former quality of the sprites.

I would say "If this thread gets enough <3's and reply posts, I may put this up as an official proposal in the Spring Cleaning Proposal forums" however, as of looking over the rules, I'm not entirely sure this would not defy the rules they've set in place there, specifically in regards to the "Mass limited edition item re-releases" section of the FMI. If anyone can confirm this as being an "okay to suggest" topic, please let me know and I will edit in the aforementioned addendum to accommodate it. heart

5,750 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
*Reserved space*

5,750 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I agree, they should get rid of the green square when you walk around.
i also agree c: that speedy walk isnt the same as event, and we deserve a sitting pose please. and without that ants our avis would look awesome c:

Gracious Poster

iBatuhan
i also agree c: that speedy walk isnt the same as event, and we deserve a sitting pose please. and without that ants our avis would look awesome c:

Vicious Wolf

13,550 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
I also hate the green glitch and wish i wasn't stuck having to wear ants... emotion_facepalm
I think my other slight issue would also be when we run to the top of the screen, or when we a running with our backs facing to the screen, we look like we are running sideways. our avi faces the screen when running up and it looks a little weird emo . i also agree on the sit 3nodding . but I hate evil with a passion the spead up running, i feel like my avi is running in place redface .

9,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Brandisher 100
I tottaly agree.. i mean if you show us one thing and then give us a another its kinda just a bummer.. Didnt Evil Timmy make it out to be so amasing? so why not make it that way

5,750 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Bunni_Brutality
I tottaly agree.. i mean if you show us one thing and then give us a another its kinda just a bummer.. Didnt Evil Timmy make it out to be so amasing? so why not make it that way

Yes! They must follow Evil Timmy's example! blaugh

9,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Brandisher 100
Armameteus
Bunni_Brutality

Yes! They must follow Evil Timmy's example! blaugh

cat_xp cat_cool

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Tycoon 200
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 !!!!!!!!! =D

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Tycoon 200

Omnipresent Demigod

so you have to buy each color variation separately, bummer..

5,750 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
HDMI
so you have to buy each color variation separately, bummer..

Kind of a shame, yeah, but it would be almost too good if you could switch between any type you want. After all, it's a potion that turns the person into a wolf of a random colour, so we're lucky to even have the choice to pick one we like. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff