Welcome to Gaia! ::

every ones talking about the hunger games but what is it about and where can u buy it razz

Ferocious Browser

You can get them anywhere.

They are about a world (USA in the future...sort of), where gladiatorial games are back but more high tech and with children instead of adults. The 'games' are a punishment from the capitol onto everyone else in the country and the story follows one of the participants as she unwittingly starts a revolution.
READ IT! IT'S SUCH A GREAT BOOK THAT I COULDN'T PUT IT DOWN. I'M ACTUALLY HALFWAY DONE. I STARTED READING IT LAST NIGHT ON MY COUSIN'S KINDLE. I BEGGED MY MOM TO GET ME THE TRILOGY. I NEED TO FINISH THE BOOK BEFORE THE MOVIE OR MY LIFE WILL BE OVER.
Overview
"Could you survive on your own, in the wild, with everyone out to make sure you don't live to see the morning?

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she is forced to represent her district in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before-and survival"

I really recommend it! The movie is coming out, but read the books first to get a better understanding while you're watching the movie.
You can buy the books through Scholastic Book Orders or check online! My teacher introduced me the series and I can't thank her enough for the adventure she gave me! There are 3 books in the Series (The Hunger Games, Catching Fire & Mockingjay). Hope you get to read them!
They are increadable. I've read them 19 times (yep I counted) in less than a year.

Edit: I just bought a new copy because mine got worn out. I got everything Hunger Games related in the store.
just go to a book store...
and just read the back. it's romance and action. it's a good book.
elochnessmonster

NO!

It's an action book with a commentary on society that happens to have a romantic subplot. The point of the book is not the romance.

5,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
The books seem like kind of a feminist/clambake sort of thing, since nearly all of the characters in focus are female.. Not that it's a bad thing~ the story seems intriguing so I'm going to pick up the first book and see how I like it. I hope for e-book.. Save some treeeees n___n

Desirable Genius

5,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
great books. i bought mine for 5 bucks(hard cover) in a book store
Tiokou of Fire
elochnessmonster

NO!

It's an action book with a commentary on society that happens to have a romantic subplot. The point of the book is not the romance.

true true. i'm just mentioning it. but yes the romance is not the point nor is it that big of a thing in the book. if your looking for a romance don't get the hunger games. but you should get it!
they're about a group of kids who get together to play board games.. but they get hungry.

Anaiss's Significant Otter

The Hunger Games is a good read, but after watching the movie Battle Royale, I think I know where she got most of her inspiration. Too many similarities.

Lonely Shapeshifter

9,000 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Survivor 150
Eddie Van Halen
The Hunger Games is a good read, but after watching the movie Battle Royale, I think I know where she got most of her inspiration. Too many similarities.

I've never read the Hunger Games, but the overview also sounds very similar to the concept used in the Quillan Games, a novel in the Pendragon series.

Mega Phantom

7,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Popular Thread 100
read it and find out, you can pretty much buy it anywhere :3
Your going to read this books and thanks us! I read the first book in 3 days biggrin
plus Peeta is drop dead!!

you can get the books any place

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas