Welcome to Gaia! ::

kay2kay
Destiny Altered
kay2kay
Destiny Altered
You have more hates than likes, which I don't understand but kinda do at the same time, but I haven't watched the movie, but still, you should expect a lot of things to be different sweatdrop

But having said that, one of the comments in the 'did likes', there shouldn't be any flash backs of romance between Katniss and Gale, 'cause he didn't like her until after Peeta publicly showed his love for her, so it was jealousy that led him to love Katniss; I don't buy the whole thing in book 3 where he says it was when Darius said something, not a very convincing motive, which kinda pissed me off 'cause she completely fell for it, but in the end, she makes a smart decision

Forever Peeta! heart 4laugh
I actually wish the movie had more things like showing the viewers reactions and going behind the scenes into the game's control center, because it wasn't in the book, but still felt like it could've been. Since in the book, we only had Katniss' point of view, I found it really refreshing to seed things she didn't know about or just didn't happen to notice. I wouldn't be surprised if Suzanne herself was the one to suggest it^_^ My two oldest brother's listened to the audiobooks and we saw the movie together. They were pretty critical of the movie, which is probably why I found it so hard to pick out things I actually liked even though I truly enjoyed the movie.

Heh, so here comes the huge question *drum roll*

Peeta or Gale?
Peeta. There is no other option. Gale is impulsive, single-minded, and idealistic.

crying You're so wonderful in the mind

And may I add that Gale only falls in love with her in book 2 'cause Peeta shows his love and stuff, I sorry, but I can't stop repeating that and the book gets frustrating at one point where she completely ignores Peeta instead of trying to take care of him when he gets brain washed; he took care of her when she was going coocoo!!!!!
Wait, did you read the books? o.o

Intellectual Lunatic

Destiny Altered
kay2kay
Destiny Altered
kay2kay
Destiny Altered
You have more hates than likes, which I don't understand but kinda do at the same time, but I haven't watched the movie, but still, you should expect a lot of things to be different sweatdrop

But having said that, one of the comments in the 'did likes', there shouldn't be any flash backs of romance between Katniss and Gale, 'cause he didn't like her until after Peeta publicly showed his love for her, so it was jealousy that led him to love Katniss; I don't buy the whole thing in book 3 where he says it was when Darius said something, not a very convincing motive, which kinda pissed me off 'cause she completely fell for it, but in the end, she makes a smart decision

I actually wish the movie had more things like showing the viewers reactions and going behind the scenes into the game's control center, because it wasn't in the book, but still felt like it could've been. Since in the book, we only had Katniss' point of view, I found it really refreshing to seed things she didn't know about or just didn't happen to notice. I wouldn't be surprised if Suzanne herself was the one to suggest it^_^ My two oldest brother's listened to the audiobooks and we saw the movie together. They were pretty critical of the movie, which is probably why I found it so hard to pick out things I actually liked even though I truly enjoyed the movie.

Peeta or Gale?
Peeta. There is no other option. Gale is impulsive, single-minded, and idealistic.

And may I add that Gale only falls in love with her in book 2 'cause Peeta shows his love and stuff, I sorry, but I can't stop repeating that and the book gets frustrating at one point where she completely ignores Peeta instead of trying to take care of him when he gets brain washed; he took care of her when she was going coocoo!!!!!
Yes, twice. This series is so good, but frustrating at times. For example, Katniss's intelligence is really inconsistent. How can she figure out that the arena is a clock or devise a plan to blow up someone's food supply if she doesn't even understand that when Plutarch flashed her his mockingjay symbol he meant that he was on her side. So I didn't put it beneath her to neglect Peeta, at least initially. By the last book I wasn't even sure if I liked her as a protagonist.

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100
User Image
none of the characters really looked like I pictured them, but I got used to it after awhile.

what I did hate though was the complete lack of chemistry between Peeta and Katniss. every "romance" between them was terribly terribly awkward.

addicted to cute s**t
kay2kay
Destiny Altered
kay2kay
Destiny Altered
kay2kay
Destiny Altered

Peeta or Gale?

Yes, twice. This series is so good, but frustrating at times. For example, Katniss's intelligence is really inconsistent. How can she figure out that the arena is a clock or devise a plan to blow up someone's food supply if she doesn't even understand that when Plutarch flashed her his mockingjay symbol he meant that he was on her side. So I didn't put it beneath her to neglect Peeta, at least initially. By the last book I wasn't even sure if I liked her as a protagonist.

Well by the 3rd book I was sure I hated the idiot, but it's when she kills Coin that she gains some respect back from me.

I was about to throw the book at times, like when she was getting closer to Gale, she was so stupid

And I was super frustrated too! When those 2 ladies from district 8 came and said that was a sign that they were on her side, I was shocked by the fact that she didn't figure out that Plutarch was on her side by trying to keep the Mockingjay on his watch secret.

I need a Peeta in my life crying I would maybe understand her rejection a bit more if he was less attractive, but the dude is HOT emotion_kirakira

Friendly Capitalist

8,250 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Disliked:
1. Dat Camera work.
2. Story seemed to short with Rue.(They killed her to quickly.)
3. Peeta seemed healthy with a damaged leg.
4. I didn't give two ******** for Primm.
5. The cat looked different than I thought it would.
6. Dogs instead of Wolves. Dogs didn't have tribute's eyes.
7. They replaced Madge.

Liked:
Everything else.

Girl

The movie sucked a**, I went to see it yesterday. I read the entire trilogy. The movie cannot compare. I completely imagined Haymitch and Effie differently. And President Snow too. Rue was African American which threw me off completely. Thresh being of that race as well. So many detail were left out. In the movie, you don't get to experience the relationships Katniss had with Rue, Gale, Haymitch, and Peeta. It just didn't feel like the book. In the book, I imagined their parade costumes as being glamorous. They looked cheap. So did the rest of the movie. I think they did a good job with the depiction of Seneca Crane and Caesar Flickermann. Katniss' relationship with Peeta was supposed to be a lot more intense. The book outshines the movie by far.

Bashful Shapeshifter

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Millionaire 200
I didn't like how in the end on the train ride Katniss didn't tell Peeta that her act of love during the Games was just an act and Peeta was supposed to be heartbroken; but I guess they compensated on the fact that in the movie Katniss says she wants to forget everything and Peeta says something like "not all of it". Oh and I agree completely on whatever you typed.

Beloved Prophet

11,500 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Object of Affection 150
The only thing I had a problem with was the camera angle during the blood bath....I know they were doing that to keep it PG-13 but still....

Things that bothered me but I dont care really because I understand how movies need to change things to save time....

1) Never did Katniss ever seem thirsty or hungry during the games. In the book she couldnt find water and about fainted until she realized she was in mud.

2) The wolf mutts where suppose to be huge, and had the eyes of the dead tributes. These were more like pups on steroids.

3) The pin.. I understand getting rid of Madge but instead of randomly coming across it..for free... I hoped maybe she got it from her dad who had a connection with the mockingjays.

4) Peeta didnt seem close to death. And his leg is perfectly fine.

5) Peeta still doesnt know he's been played.

But I loved everything else. I think they did a great job. I understand that the games seemed short, and Rue had a short screen time. Its a movie. Can't be 4 hours long.

Intellectual Lunatic

Dictators
The movie sucked a**, I went to see it yesterday. I read the entire trilogy. The movie cannot compare. I completely imagined Haymitch and Effie differently. And President Snow too. Rue was African American which threw me off completely. Thresh being of that race as well. So many detail were left out. In the movie, you don't get to experience the relationships Katniss had with Rue, Gale, Haymitch, and Peeta. It just didn't feel like the book. In the book, I imagined their parade costumes as being glamorous. They looked cheap. So did the rest of the movie. I think they did a good job with the depiction of Seneca Crane and Caesar Flickermann. Katniss' relationship with Peeta was supposed to be a lot more intense. The book outshines the movie by far.
Are you being serious with the "African American" thing? In the book they were described as having dark skin, their district was basically a plantation (with regular whippings and everything), and Suzanne Collins confirmed that they were way before the movie even came out gonk

Alien Friend

I liked most of it. My only complaint is Rue's lack of screen time. I know they only had so much time, but I really love the character and I wouldn't have minded seeing a little more of her and developing her relationship with Katniss further. However, I loved the actress who played her, and what screen time she did get made me fall in love with her. I also would have liked the story behind the avoxes to be played out a little, but once again, it was already a long movie, and they can only fit so much in. The shaky camera at the beginning was a tad annoying, but I got used to it pretty quick.

On the likes side, I loved how they stayed true to the books and showed us a little more of the behind the scenes. Caesar Flickerman was brilliantly acted, the character was wonderful. I also found myself really enjoying the scenes with Seneca Crane, especially in the control room. The movie made me really like that character, who previously, I had no opinion on.

I also loved the addition of the riot in eleven. It made the scene a lot more emotional for me, and had me crying in a way that I don't think I would have without it. I also really liked the addition of Cato's dialogue on the cornucopia. It made me feel for that character in a way I previously hadn't.

Overall, I thought it was a good, well executed movie. Wasn't perfect, but I thought it was well done and definitely worth watching.

Intellectual Lunatic

minty moonlight
I liked most of it. My only complaint is Rue's lack of screen time. I know they only had so much time, but I really love the character and I wouldn't have minded seeing a little more of her and developing her relationship with Katniss further. However, I loved the actress who played her, and what screen time she did get made me fall in love with her. I also would have liked the story behind the avoxes to be played out a little, but once again, it was already a long movie, and they can only fit so much in. The shaky camera at the beginning was a tad annoying, but I got used to it pretty quick.

On the likes side, I loved how they stayed true to the books and showed us a little more of the behind the scenes. Caesar Flickerman was brilliantly acted, the character was wonderful. I also found myself really enjoying the scenes with Seneca Crane, especially in the control room. The movie made me really like that character, who previously, I had no opinion on.

I also loved the addition of the riot in eleven. It made the scene a lot more emotional for me, and had me crying in a way that I don't think I would have without it. I also really liked the addition of Cato's dialogue on the cornucopia. It made me feel for that character in a way I previously hadn't.

Overall, I thought it was a good, well executed movie. Wasn't perfect, but I thought it was well done and definitely worth watching.
^_^ I agree

Invisible Browser

I'm also one of those people who complains about the camera. It was acceptable in the arena since- hey, it really felt like we were watching the in-movie Hunger Games.

There wasn't much dialogue, but the whole book was based on Katniss' thoughts anyway. And she had a lot of them.

Rue's death wasn't as emotional as I thought it would be, probably because there wasn't enough time to get a hold of her character. That or Katniss crying just made it awkward. She was just... bawling against a tree trunk.(( From what I remember))

The mutts reminded me of CG pitbulls, honestly the werewolfs from twilight would have sufficed for that part. ((Maybe they were trying to avoid that detail emotion_facepalm ))

I was excited on how they would play out the action scenes since they were killing and all. Too bad they had to tone it down. emotion_donotwant

I liked the part where she was high on the tracker jacker.

Their chariot costumes was cool, until they actually lighted it, then the appeal just went down.

I'm still not used to Peeta, somehow his brows always looks like it's furrowed.

The grandpa-Snow look was okay enough. It kinda made his words more threatening.

District 11 scene was awesome.

They just removed the last few scenes from the book, but it might have been confusing to the viewers since there wasn't much dialogue from the previous scenes to explain it all.

All in all, it was clearly rushed but as the others have already pointed out- it would be impossible to squeeze the entire book in less than 3 hours. Or else people who haven't read it yet would bail out. The movie wasn't as thrilling as the book, probably because I already knew what's going to happen, but it was still pretty good emotion_dowant I just wish there's gonna be more action in the upcoming sequels.
I didn't thing it was as violent as it should of been (I wanted to see Cato get shot in the head, and the spear was suppose to go THROUGH Rue), they spent to much time of getting into the arena, and your right not enough Rue time. Pretty much the movie sucked compared to the book, but by its self the movie was... good.
YellowEyeed
I didn't thing it was as violent as it should of been (I wanted to see Cato get shot in the head, and the spear was suppose to go THROUGH Rue), they spent to much time of getting into the arena, and your right not enough Rue time. Pretty much the movie sucked compared to the book, but by its self the movie was... good.
Sorry but to me the romance wasn't that important, the book was called THE HUNGER GAMES not PEETA AND KATNISS TWILIGHT LOVE SAGA BLAH BLAH BLAH... neutral
Peeta heart heart heart heart heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces