Welcome to Gaia! ::

Clove was killed with Tresh's rock in the book, she was smashed against the Cornucopia in the movie.

Invisible Prophet

There are a bunch of things I caught.
They are not on the roof talking.
They didn't explain why Peeta was bleeding.
The kid guarding the food had left with the others.
The timing was off for a lot of things.
She was not screaming and banging on the glass because she thinks the doctors are going to kill peeta after the games are over.
But it was all just to help thing progress. If you read the book then you understand thing. Minor things.
Though the Pin kind of did annoy me.
I think they did a pretty good job on it though.

Desirable Millionaire

6,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
x0_FATIMAGIC
Bluebabiie
The movie left out the part when Thresh was supposed to kill the girl by hitting her head with the rock. Instead he banged her head against the Cornucopia..

Yes, because that changed the outcome of the fight so much. rolleyes

I know you guys are just nitpicking, but geez. They say, "based on the book" for a reason.

Duhh!! rolleyes Thats the point of this forum... to state all the changes. And if it's based on the book, they should make it more like the book.

Desirable Millionaire

6,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
HeeyGuise
Bluebabiie
HeeyGuise
Bluebabiie
In the end of the movie, they made the game maker eat the berries to die. In the book, he didn't have to die..

yeah he did, thats why in Catching Fire they got a new gamemaster...

Really? I didn't read about him dying in The Hunger Games. I havent read Catching Fire thats why... confused

I think it mentions something about Seneca Crane punishment in The Hunger Games.

Oh.. okay. But he didn't die by the berries right? Or did he confused
Bluebabiie
HeeyGuise
Bluebabiie
HeeyGuise
Bluebabiie
In the end of the movie, they made the game maker eat the berries to die. In the book, he didn't have to die..

Really? I didn't read about him dying in The Hunger Games. I havent read Catching Fire thats why... confused

I think it mentions something about Seneca Crane punishment in The Hunger Games.

No, it just said that he was killed. I like that part in the movie though. It was a nice touch and emphasizes why he died and because of who.

Invisible Prophet

Bluebabiie
HeeyGuise
Bluebabiie
HeeyGuise
Bluebabiie

It doesn't say how he died in the book. And it was in the second book. Highlight for Spoiler: when snow goes to visit Katniss he implies that he Crane was killed because of the stunt with the berries. Then Katniss hangs a dummy that has cranes name on it to show that he is dead because of her. It never said how he exactly he died and she doesn't know how he died.
They took some of the things from the second book and put it in the first movie.

Invisible Prophet

It's not a change, but they didn't explain the hand symbol that they give Katniss when she volunteers and that they show when Rue dies.

Kumacchiato's Prince

Demonic Dabbler

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
User Image
"I just want to point out, if it wasn't mentioned already (I read a few pages but I can't keep up) that I don't think this is a complaint thread. I haven't seen anyone say the movie was bad or awful because things were left out, it just seems like we're talking about little differences for the fun of it and I see a lot of people getting upset for no reason.

One big thing I noticed is how little time they spent on the prep team, especially considering they are important later. I guess they plan to always leave them out."
User Image

Desirable Millionaire

6,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
HeeyGuise
Bluebabiie
HeeyGuise
Bluebabiie
HeeyGuise
Bluebabiie

No, it just said that he was killed. I like that part in the movie though. It was a nice touch and emphasizes why he died and because of who.

Yeah, I can agree on that. smile
Revenge ze Alma Perdida
It's not a change, but they didn't explain the hand symbol that they give Katniss when she volunteers and that they show when Rue dies.

Yeah, thats true. They should have explained it for the people who haven't read the book yet. neutral
II Earl Grey II
User Image
"I just want to point out, if it wasn't mentioned already (I read a few pages but I can't keep up) that I don't think this is a complaint thread. I haven't seen anyone say the movie was bad or awful because things were left out, it just seems like we're talking about little differences for the fun of it and I see a lot of people getting upset for no reason.

One big thing I noticed is how little time they spent on the prep team, especially considering they are important later. I guess they plan to always leave them out."
User Image

Mhmm. This isn't a complaint thread. But yet people still get upset over the differences that are mentioned here.
In the movie Peeta and Katniss weren't talking on the roof of the place where they were staying at when in the book they did.

3,700 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Gaian 50
yeah thats normal smile they change things on movie because they want to make it more better. more beautiful story than on the book.

Invisible Prophet

Sullen weirdgirl
Revenge ze Alma Perdida

Yeah, thats true. They should have explained it for the people who haven't read the book yet. neutral

It would of saved me some breath. hahah
My biggest complaint is about Rue's death. The mockingjays were supposed to be repeating the song through the forest, and for me, a lot of the emotions I had while reading this weren't there as I watched it. I think it would have been an easy enough thing to do, having the mockingjays repeating the song off in the distance while Katniss was gathering the flowers.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff