Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Werewolf

5,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Person of Interest 200
i thought of this series as more of a political series of course there was love involved but i hate how the movies have turned it into some sort of twilight esque movie sad it has really disappointed me.

i loved the books.

i was wondering does anyone else feel the same way?

ALSO

it seems to me they changed alot and left out alot from the book that if they were to follow the other books better it would almost be impossible.[edit] to make other movies.

such as the mockingjay pin and its origins. also how her and peeta really ended on a bad note.

and sooo much more.

just would like other fellow readers opinions on the movie.
Oh good, alot of people around me said they loved it. I couldn`t help but feel like there was not much emotion in the characters. I did not want them to be like soap opras with their feelings (and i know katniss tries to hide what she is really feeling) but it felt kinda.....bland.

I was shocked when i found out some people didn`t like the romance cause they thought it made her seem pathetic as if she focuses on peeta or gale too much. But my opinion is she should have added more or not have had it at all. I think i was mostly just sad for peeta because he loved her and alot of the time i didnt really feel TRUE love coming from her end. I was disapointed when he was brainwashed about her, the way she thought of him as a mutt rather then the boy she cared about before...cause at one point where heymitch mentions if the role was reversed peeta would probably be trying to help her get her memory back each day. I didnt think of her as pathetic but it was hard for me to think she loved him.

Wheezing Werewolf

5,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Person of Interest 200
well i'm not talking about the love in the books i think there was a fair amount i'm just saying people focus too much on it rather than the true meaning or conveyance that i think the author was trying to get across. politically speaking i mean.

Fashionable Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
No, it's not a love story, and I don't think the movie turned it into a love story, I think fans who don't read past the Peeta drama make the assumption that it is and go gaga over it.

Katniss was very pulled back from Peeta, even when she started showing him affection.

Wheezing Werewolf

5,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Naterbee
No, it's not a love story, and I don't think the movie turned it into a love story, I think fans who don't read past the Peeta drama make the assumption that it is and go gaga over it.

Katniss was very pulled back from Peeta, even when she started showing him affection.

exactly but the movie did play alot on their love especially at the end. i wish they would have shown more of the train rides. because alot of stuff went down on the trains. and they only showed a small fraction, meaning barely anything. sad
Clockwork Clutter
i thought of this series as more of a political series of course there was love involved but i hate how the movies have turned it into some sort of twilight esque movie sad it has really disappointed me.

i loved the books.

i was wondering does anyone else feel the same way?

ALSO

it seems to me they changed alot and left out alot from the book that if they were to follow the other books better it would almost be impossible.[edit] to make other movies.

such as the mockingjay pin and its origins. also how her and peeta really ended on a bad note.

and sooo much more.

just would like other fellow readers opinions on the movie.

The Hunger Games, still a better love story that twilight.... dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff