Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Zealot

I don't see where people are getting this "teams" business in their heads.
    Or how people think this in any way compares to Twilight.
    Well... Except that the director almost cast K. Stewart! gonk

HarwensDruid's Princess

Original Gaian

9,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Someone who sees seance! I hate school right now because a lot of girls compare the two stories. It's unbelievable.
♠ It's funny, I read both Twilight & Hunger Games right after they were released, didn't think much of them at the time, but they both exploded in popularity.
And while I'm not a Hunger Games fan (but the movie looks great), but I don't think the comparisons to Twilight are justified.

Twilight had a horrid, bland plot, with rather two-dimensional leads. Writing sucked balls too.
The Hunger Games also had really annoying writing, but I liked the plot and the characters were relatively well-rounded. But another thing that sort of ruined Hunger Games for me is that I was familiar with Battle Royale before I read Hunger Games, and so the book just seemed like a toned-down, PG-13 version of all the s**t that went down in BR.

imo though, Hunger Games looks like it'll translate much better on screen than it did in print, cuz I got increasingly irritated with the writing as I continued reading, while the plot/characters were what kept me going.

Ladykiller

That Slender Man
Ⓧ I love The Hunger Games, but comparing it with Twilight pisses me off. Seriously guys? Two totally different story lines, not only that but The Hunger Games has much better writing.

Only thing that will ever be alike about the two is the fanbase. With so many children reading it(that really shouldn't be) and all these stupid little scene's buying the merchandise at Hot Topic.

You can compare the fan bases, BUT DON'T COMPARE THE ******** STORY LINES, CHARACTERS AND WRITING. Ⓧ

don't forget, better actors/actresses, too
dance like you just been bit by an ice bug

Married Werewolf

That Slender Man
Remus Moony J Lupin
That Slender Man
Polkadot Pocky
The books were definitely more gruesome than I expected but that's because I went in knowing absolutely nothing about them.
I'm pretty sure a seventh grader would handle these novels just fine. I was reading way more intense stuff IN SCHOOL in the seventh grade.
Like someone else said, lots of seventh graders, twelve-year-olds, whatever are more mature than you make them out to be!

This book will never be "a Twilight" to me. But I see where you're coming from. The comparisons are pissing me off and so is "Team Peeta" and "Team Gale".

Ⓧ I don't recall saying they were too immature to handle it. Just that it may be too much too handle for someone younger. It's like letting your kid read Twilight despite how much it promotes Necrophilia and Bestiality. Ⓧ

I really hope you were kidding when you said twilight promotes necrophilia and bestiality. emotion_facepalm I have heard this alot and it always annoys me.

Ⓧ If you think about it, it slightly does. Ⓧ

But not really. if that's the case then you are nixing all vampire and werewolf romances. I mean, I didn't hear anyone say anything like that about Angel, Spike, and Oz in Buffy, Lupin in Harry Potter, Dracula (at least in the film version), Mitchell and George (or Aidan and Josh depending which side of the atlantic you are on) from Being Human, or any other vampire or werewolf in any movie or TV program.
And I think I will also mention that people also talk about the age gap between Edward and Bella like is is the most twisted and perverse thing they have ever seen, but Once again, these same people has no issues with Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
I think its a load of crap.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces