There wasnt enough space to type any more.thank you again. That was nice

you

yes??

Fatcat

XposionX
Makorra
XposionX
Makorra
Dear Lord. This is the Hunger Games. Did you know that the Hunger Games and Twilight aren't related?

It truly, truly ******** shocks me.

There r similiaries but the differences do show quite loudly.the simliaries are quite small

Is English your second language, dear?

no its not y

Because it is absolutely terrible.
Makorra
XposionX
Makorra
XposionX
Makorra
Dear Lord. This is the Hunger Games. Did you know that the Hunger Games and Twilight aren't related?

It truly, truly ******** shocks me.

There r similiaries but the differences do show quite loudly.the simliaries are quite small

Is English your second language, dear?

no its not y

Because it is absolutely terrible.

oh ok i just cant type all that great

Lonely Sex Symbol

The Oogie Boogie Bear ll
Your question implies that you assume only your age demographic is reading/watching.

The Hunger Games series has attracted people of many ages. I mean come on, my GRANDMOTHER is hooked on it. Your question is a bit unfair though because you assume that you and your peers are surrounded by like-minded and aged fans of the series, going crazy over another love triangle.

If you mean tweenies who just caught the tail-end of the Twilight hype and want to emulate school friends and/or siblings with "their own thing," then yes, I have absolutely no doubt that there will be a screaming fanbase of little girls (and boys) with home-made T-shirts with their "ship" on it.

However this doesn't hold true for everyone. Most surprisingly though, I have faith that the initial fans of Twilight will be the ones to keep their composure when it comes to this franchise. This has taken YEARS, and IN those years we (meaning MY age demographic, which is 19-22) have grown. We made it to see Harry Potter be put to rest, and in the middle of a beloved series going, we latched onto the nearest thing to emulate our raging hormones at the time (a.k.a. Twilight). During the years of Harry Potter dying, Twilight gaining hype with the youngsters, and getting mauled by over-enthusiatic underlings dressed ridiculously in theatres, our attention spans and intelligence level have grown (in most) to encompass more than angst and true love.

The reason I believe the initial Twilight fans will make the best Hunger Games fans is because we lived through (and occasionally initiated) the waves of screaming insanity for an undead virgin and an angsty fur-ball who has a problem with shirts; I don't know about you and yours but I'M definitely NOT looking to be a repeat offender. We have grown enough to appreciate intelligence and strategy in our literature. We had the Twilight series to assuage our hormones, now we need The Hunger Games to help us through life's "struggles."

And it should be pretty obvious why the older generation will not deteriorate into a puddle of emotions. Actually, my grandfather has read the first book as well and he enjoys comparing it to our government today. Granted he's neurotic and paranoid, but my point is every generation tries to find the point in a story that pertains to their current lifestyle.

My answer to your (slanted) question; EXPECT the screaming tweenies, they'll crawl to anything exuding pheromones. Have faith in the older generations though, we've got the years and experience on our side to help us comport ourselves with some decency. smile

This is my favorite post. Kudos. smile

Lonely Sex Symbol

Mayor Gravity
Why does everyone compre things to Twilight?

I have never read Twilight. I don't plan to. I didn't look into it. I don't know about it. I just sat and watched as people said "it was so good!" then the fandom exploded in everyones faces and the same people that were saying it's good are now saying it sucks so bad.

Lonely Sex Symbol

Lenasai
♫I'm not yours, and you're not mine
But we can sit and pass the time
No fighting wars, no ringing chimes
We're just feeling fine♪

I only see the fandom becoming similar to the Twilight fandom (although not nearly as insane.) The difference between The Hunger Games and Twilight, in my opinion, is that The Hunger Games is actually a good series.

♪This is where we're supposed to be
Sitting by a broken tree
No tragedy, no poetry
Just staring at the sky♫

Yes, I have never went near Twilight. I can't compare it to Twilight, the only thing I am comparing is it's fandom.

Lonely Sex Symbol

xAnnabelxbabyx
The Hunger Games are better than Twilight. People, Killings, competitions, and hunger are real. Vampires are not real. Even though Werewolves are real, they aren't also 1/2 human. Just saying.

I AGREE. s**t people don't realize what I'm trying to say.

I never touched the Twilight books so I can't compare. I read The Hunger Games in less than three days. It was amazing.

The only thing I'm comparing is the fandom.
it probaly wont

Seykai's Kouhai

High-functioning Fatcat

10,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Profitable 100
Alexis The Conqueror
The Oogie Boogie Bear ll
Your question implies that you assume only your age demographic is reading/watching.

The Hunger Games series has attracted people of many ages. I mean come on, my GRANDMOTHER is hooked on it. Your question is a bit unfair though because you assume that you and your peers are surrounded by like-minded and aged fans of the series, going crazy over another love triangle.

If you mean tweenies who just caught the tail-end of the Twilight hype and want to emulate school friends and/or siblings with "their own thing," then yes, I have absolutely no doubt that there will be a screaming fanbase of little girls (and boys) with home-made T-shirts with their "ship" on it.

However this doesn't hold true for everyone. Most surprisingly though, I have faith that the initial fans of Twilight will be the ones to keep their composure when it comes to this franchise. This has taken YEARS, and IN those years we (meaning MY age demographic, which is 19-22) have grown. We made it to see Harry Potter be put to rest, and in the middle of a beloved series going, we latched onto the nearest thing to emulate our raging hormones at the time (a.k.a. Twilight). During the years of Harry Potter dying, Twilight gaining hype with the youngsters, and getting mauled by over-enthusiatic underlings dressed ridiculously in theatres, our attention spans and intelligence level have grown (in most) to encompass more than angst and true love.

The reason I believe the initial Twilight fans will make the best Hunger Games fans is because we lived through (and occasionally initiated) the waves of screaming insanity for an undead virgin and an angsty fur-ball who has a problem with shirts; I don't know about you and yours but I'M definitely NOT looking to be a repeat offender. We have grown enough to appreciate intelligence and strategy in our literature. We had the Twilight series to assuage our hormones, now we need The Hunger Games to help us through life's "struggles."

And it should be pretty obvious why the older generation will not deteriorate into a puddle of emotions. Actually, my grandfather has read the first book as well and he enjoys comparing it to our government today. Granted he's neurotic and paranoid, but my point is every generation tries to find the point in a story that pertains to their current lifestyle.

My answer to your (slanted) question; EXPECT the screaming tweenies, they'll crawl to anything exuding pheromones. Have faith in the older generations though, we've got the years and experience on our side to help us comport ourselves with some decency. smile

This is my favorite post. Kudos. smile

Many appreciations madam, I try. whee

Shirtless Shapeshifter

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
The teams are getting on my nerves. That's the only reason why I dislike THG.

Weiss-san's Boyfriend

Ghostly Ghost

44,375 Points
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
  • Harvest Hazard 500
Hell No! Twilight is nothing like the Hunger games. if you read the books you'd know that...

Sparkly Fatcat

It irratates me how much people are bitching about "how much it's going to be like twilight" If you dont like it dont watch it. You're getting no where for bitching about it. It was a good saga and the actors made a lot of money. THG is an amazing movie, It's nothing like twilight.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff