Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Sex Symbol

When the books came out: Wow these book are really good
When they announced the movie: Oh my god I can't wait for the movie!
When they started playing the trailers on tv: OH MY GODOFHSDFIOSDHFIOSD YOU SHOULD READ THIS BOOK!
When the movie came out: OH MY GOD THAT MOVIE WAS AMAZING OMG IOFHDOFOSDJF
When the fandom goes overboard: TEAM PEENIS TEAM CATO TEAM SNOW TEAMS LETS GO BUY COFFEE MUGS AND SWEATERS AND HEADBANDS OMG EVERYTHING HUNGER GAMES
Everyone: I'm getting sick of the hunger games.
One year later: THE HUNGER GAMES SUCKS OH MY GOD. Nothing gayer than the hunger games!!wptoj4t

Am I right?

8,150 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
Not really. These kids can act and no one looks like they're on crack
Nicholette_Swanson
Not really. These kids can act and no one looks like they're on crack

rofl rofl rofl
Well let's see... Bella is a spinless girl who depends on a dead 100+ year old virgin vampire who watches her sleep. He gets her pregnant, turns her into a vampire but the baby ends up being the creepy-a** were-wolf's soulmate. After reading that, you can only say WTF.

Katniss is a strong willed, albiet sometimes immature, girl who is willing to defy evil authority and is not completely obsessed or dependent upon either Peeta or Gale.

Not to mention that Twilight's core demographic is teen gay girls, while The Hunger Games is intriguing almost all ages. Are there similarities? Somewhat. Will it end up the same? Probably not. The hype will die down and in a few years, we'll look back and say "Hmm, that was a good series."
just because the hunger games is a popular franchise doesn't mean it will end up like twilight. the hunger games is about something totally different and something that everyone can relate to. it isn't just about loving someone, it's about survival. if anything the hunger games is something that should be in the spotlight because not a lot of people now know how to survive on their own.

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

9,300 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Hive Mind 200
I think this is a more mature audience.

Nimble Wolf

28,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Invisibility 100
I doubt it. Hunger games had a fairly decent following of all ages; and I can't say I saw/ heard of any twilight fanboys or grandmothers, so they were left out in the latter. Whiny cardboard cutout in a cardboard cut out school vs Cutthroat games not unlike most psychological thrillers, action flicks, and 'rebellious youth' movies out there.

You could imagine yourself in a boring school, or plotting a way to sic trackerjackers on your worst enemies. I don't know about you, but I'd say majority is going with the latter, so I doubt the series will be taking a similar path to Twilight.
Twilight is about a girl who can't decide between necrophilia or beastiality.

Beloved Inquisitor

It already has.

Liberal Abductee

6,950 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
That's what I heard.

Fatcat

Dear Lord. This is the Hunger Games. Did you know that the Hunger Games and Twilight aren't related?

It truly, truly ******** shocks me.

Shirtless Powerhouse

See, the problem is

The first step never happened with Twilight. The books were bad before the movie. They've always BEEN bad, because Stephenie Meyer is a shitty writer. I'm not going into the multitudinous reasons she's a shitty writer here, because it's been hashed out many times before, and I'm watching TV.

But the Hunger Games will have, and already has haters, but the only people who say it's poorly written are literature snobs who think it's not a real book if it was written within the last hundred years.

(Those guys are ******** morons.)

Shy Kitten

I beg to disagree.

CARlNA's Wife

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
Just because some of the fans' antics are the same doesn't make Twilight and Hunger Games comparable. I don't see anyone comparing Twilight to Star Wars. I wasn't alive when SW came out but I'm preeeeetty sure the fans were just as diehard and annoying, if not moreso.

You're not helping the matter either, OP.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff