Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nemariel
Having read all three books just to see what the fuss was about, I'd have to say I prefer the first. It just seems to be the least rushed of the three. I felt the second book moved too quickly, and that the third was just a big mess. I also felt that Katniss didn't really choose between Gale and Peeta, and that instead the choice was sort of made for her with Gale distancing himself in the third book. It seemed like sort of a cheap way to avoid what could have been a very character developing resolution.

There were also dozens of loose ends. What happened to Cinna and why did he ask for District 12? Who was he and what was his connection? How did Haymitch get in contact with District 13? How did the whole conspiracy start and why did the other districts choose to join in? There's a million unanswered questions.

Anyway, I found the books entertaining, but not profound in any way.

I understand what you are saying about the books but remember as well, it was Peeta and her that went thru emotional and physical turmoil when they enter the game so they bonded in a way that she couldn't have with Gale so I can see how she would have been with Peeta instead of Gale.
Bitter Symphony
Lehree
Bitter Symphony

Inhaling soda is horrendous.

Well I work and I help my partner in her small business. Well we are hoping it will get into a small business category soon. We are just starting out.

Indeed it is.

Ohh I see, well good luck to you guys I hope it works out (:

Thank You! smile

We are actually fostering a dog from the shelter. His name is Shelton and man for being a beagle mix pup, he is very lay back.

Hehe aww. Shelton haha, love that name.
Lehree
Bitter Symphony
Lehree
Bitter Symphony

Inhaling soda is horrendous.

Well I work and I help my partner in her small business. Well we are hoping it will get into a small business category soon. We are just starting out.

Indeed it is.

Ohh I see, well good luck to you guys I hope it works out (:

Thank You! smile

We are actually fostering a dog from the shelter. His name is Shelton and man for being a beagle mix pup, he is very lay back.

Hehe aww. Shelton haha, love that name.

He is a cutie. We changed his name to Zero, Jack's dog from The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Bitter Symphony

He is a cutie. We changed his name to Zero, Jack's dog from The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Omg that's adorable, it's perfect.

Wheezing Prophet

7,800 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Contributor 150
What was it about the books that struck to you the most?
-Dystopian plus interesting setup
What is it about it that you like the most?
Just the whole idea of revolution against the capital to win their freedom. I also enjoyed the wide range of interesting characters and good quotes that came from them.
Either each individual book or all three together.
All three books are really good.
Which one would you reread and why?
Catching Fire because it was the best in my opinion. I liked the first one but I didn't love it. The third one was just plain out sad.
Lehree
Bitter Symphony

Oh yush! I just hate how my partners dad decided to start feeding him food table when he has a sensitive stomach as it is.
Bitter Symphony
Lehree
Bitter Symphony

Oh yush! I just hate how my partners dad decided to start feeding him food table when he has a sensitive stomach as it is.

Aww, is he doing okay?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces