Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
And there are two main things that really bugged me.

1) the super emotional scene where Rue dies, afterwards Katniss is supposed to get a loaf of bread from District 11 as a thank you for being so kind to Rue... but iinsteaddd District 11 goes crazy? No thanks.

2) the cinematography made me nauseous. Seriously. It was alll over the place I had to avert my eyes sometimes. Now, while I understand what the director was going for in certain scenes where this occurred (ie, Katniss freaking out at the beginning of the games looking all around), I feel like it happened way too often and most of the time there was no reason I could come up with. It bugged me.

Yep. There were other little things that bugged me, but what bugged YOU most about the Hunger Games movie? Or did you love every second?

Distinct Gawker

5,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
The Camera work was the only thing. Everything else was cool with me, then again, I realize books and movies are not the same thing, and CANNOT be the same thing.

Shameless Loiterer

13,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Champion 300
There was quite a bit of meaning in Katniss getting the bread from District 11, but I'm okay with them leaving it out. The only time I really hated, loathed, and despised the shaky cam was in the beginning.

It didn't make it more dramatic, it just made it hard to focus on the anything. You can't really get a grasp of how bad things are because the camera never holds still long enough for you to really see it.

Other then that, I really liked the movie and thought it was a fairly good adaption.

Adventuring Capitalist

8,475 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tycoon 200
ik havent seen it but i saw the shaky cornucopia scene ,pissed me off, and the actors pissed me off to why could live stock be the black people i mean im not tryna be racist but rue was so incredibley amazingly supposed to be white that i though it was bailee madison until i actual watches a scene with rue in it katniss was wrong peeta was suck a** it should have been a hollywood movie not an indie books like that should always be hollywood, am i alone?
kaetlynrose
And there are two main things that really bugged me.

1) the super emotional scene where Rue dies, afterwards Katniss is supposed to get a loaf of bread from District 11 as a thank you for being so kind to Rue... but iinsteaddd District 11 goes crazy? No thanks.

2) the cinematography made me nauseous. Seriously. It was alll over the place I had to avert my eyes sometimes. Now, while I understand what the director was going for in certain scenes where this occurred (ie, Katniss freaking out at the beginning of the games looking all around), I feel like it happened way too often and most of the time there was no reason I could come up with. It bugged me.

Yep. There were other little things that bugged me, but what bugged YOU most about the Hunger Games movie? Or did you love every second?

I agree with you about the whole Rue thing. They didn't show enough of their friendship in my opinion. Granted they can't really make a 5 hour long movie to fit everything in, but I still think they could have shown more of their budding friendship. Also I wish they would have showed more of the actual games. I felt like it was too short.
Hmm... You know, the camera really didn't bother me. I loved the movie and had no problem with it whatsoever (of course, I didn't read the books so I can't criticize the differences).

Dapper Smoker

4,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Market Browser 100
Loved the movie, but the camera work could have been improved in a few parts. For the most part I didn't notice anything, but at the very beginning it's very wobbly, and then at the initial slaughter at the Cornucopia, there are so many quick cuts that I had no clue who was getting killed. Not a big fan of how those two scenes were shot.

But that's just me being nitpicky, overall I really liked it!

Liberal Fatcat

Kamikaze Skunk
ik havent seen it but i saw the shaky cornucopia scene ,pissed me off, and the actors pissed me off to why could live stock be the black people i mean im not tryna be racist but rue was so incredibley amazingly supposed to be white that i though it was bailee madison until i actual watches a scene with rue in it katniss was wrong peeta was suck a** it should have been a hollywood movie not an indie books like that should always be hollywood, am i alone?

Sigh...I've seen too many people complaining about the same thing. Rue is NOT supposed to be white. If you read the books, she is described as having BROWN skin. Okay? Okay. (Your grammar and spelling make my head hurt, by the way...had so much difficulty reading your post.)

Anyway, I will admit that the shaky camera work made me kinda dizzy too, but it was necessary during the cornucopia scene, considering it was a PG-13 movie and you can only show so much blood, gore, and violence in movies like that. It really did bug me, though, in the beginning. I mean, was it really needed? That definitely felt pretty pointless to me. All in all, I'd say it was a pretty good movie. It was missing a few things from the book, but they couldn't have fit it all in when it was already somewhat lengthy. People seem to lose interest within the third hour or so.
Also, I actually kind of enjoyed the scene where District 11 went berserk. I like to think that the guy who started the whole riot was Rue's father, which makes the situation a little more...emotional. I mean, it wasn't what I expected, and it did kind of stray off from the book, but it shows the beginning of the rebellion that is further discussed and focused on in the second and third books. I liked it, even if it was different from the book.

Liberal Codger

Honestly, I enjoyed the movie, INCLUDING the craziness of the camera. I think a lot of it was meant to put you in Katniss' place, to make you feel what she was feeling, be it scared, angry, disoriented...

I thought the casting was brilliant, except Gale bugged me because he looked too old. Isabelle Fuhrman was just perfect as Clove, and the kid they got to play Cato was really good, as well. I liked how they humanized him at the end, showed that human desperation even though all throughout the movie, he'd been this predatory character that seemed void of any human emotion except maybe anger. Also, I don't think Thresh was really big enough. When I thought of Thresh, I thought of a big, tall, black boy, built like a brick shithouse. Honestly, I think they could've dared to go with someone older as Thresh just to get that insanely ripped thing going on.

The one thing that I wish they would've kept in there is when Haymitch decks Peeta. ;~; That was my favorite part of the book, I think.

AND, I really liked how they had 11 freak out. Cuz it kind of gave you an idea of what was going on back in the districts, the effect that Katniss was having on them. And really, I think it gave you an idea of what the next movie is going to be like.

And for everyone hating on Rue, ******** YOU, go read the book again, she's a little black girl. And white or black makes 0 difference. Why should skin color change your feelings for the character? This whole "Oh, no, Rue was a little cracker with blonde pigtails" thing just IRKS THE s**t OUT OF ME. It's like people didn't read the book AT ALL. >_<

Wealthy Noob

7,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Quotable Prophet

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Personally, I was kinda irked that they cut out Madge completely, which altered the source of the mocking jay pin, and that they cut out the scene where Haymitch decked Peeta, and when Haymitch fell off the stage in a drunken stupor.
Is it worth seeing i've considered it

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces