Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chatty Explorer

Well, I just read the first book (trying to get second). I'm thinking of watching the movie. Should I?
Judging by the crowd, I don't think I should.
The movie wasn't too bad. It's a condensed version of the book but it still did a pretty good job.

Chatty Explorer

yeah but I watched a few scenes from the movie and I didn't feel a thing compared to the book.
Well to be honest I dont think u should see it its not like the book at all the book is way better trustme i mean its not a bd movie just not the best i have ever seen!

Chatty Explorer

noogranuts22
Well to be honest I dont think u should see it its not like the book at all the book is way better trustme i mean its not a bd movie just not the best i have ever seen!

Ah, so it's a okay movie... if you haven't already read the book

4,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
I saw the movie already, and it kind of cuts out somethings that, I felt didn't really need to be cut out. I still liked it but I felt it was a little rushed.

KaraTheStar's Partner

21,400 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Posting this, I really hope you're just hoping to get mixed opinions. I'll start with my bias: I read the book and then watched the movie. To be honest, the movie probably would've been much better had I chosen the opposite order or not read the book at all. Quite a large chunk is cut out (as expected in any instance when they change books into movies) but it seemed like they cut out too much. The movie, in my view, also doesn't have too much smooth transition since Katniss is not really narrating it (I mean it follows her around but it doesn't feel the same without the 1st person perspective). The choice is up to you though, whether you watch it or not.

Chatty Explorer

Delicate Wish
Posting this, I really hope you're just hoping to get mixed opinions. I'll start with my bias: I read the book and then watched the movie. To be honest, the movie probably would've been much better had I chosen the opposite order or not read the book at all. Quite a large chunk is cut out (as expected in any instance when they change books into movies) but it seemed like they cut out too much. The movie, in my view, also doesn't have too much smooth transition since Katniss is not really narrating it (I mean it follows her around but it doesn't feel the same without the 1st person perspective). The choice is up to you though, whether you watch it or not.

Okay. Thanks for the detailed input. Anyways, any idea when the Catching Fire movie comes out? I might watch it if I can't get my hands on a book.

KaraTheStar's Partner

21,400 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Ring191
Okay. Thanks for the detailed input. Anyways, any idea when the Catching Fire movie comes out? I might watch it if I can't get my hands on a book.

No problem. According to this, they seem to be planning to release it in late 2013. Oh, I haven't read the second book either, I got lucky with the first book since my friend got me it for my birthday. And seeing the long list of holds in the library, it's probably best to just buy the book.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff