Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Kasri Noireau
Zias
Robert Patterson will NOT play Finnick. From the man himself:

“I woke up this morning and saw all these things about me being cast in The Hunger Games,” Pattinson tells USA TODAY. “I was kind of curious for a second. So I called my agent.”

The response?

“My agent was like, ‘No,’ ” Pattinson reports.

“(My agent) was like no one’s going to offer you that part,” Pattinson says, breaking into a laugh. “I was like, thanks for the reassurance.”

You know, that's kind of sad. I have quite a lot of time for Robert Pattinson and it really sucks that his involvement in an awful franchise with a big love/hate base (that he signed on for before he'd read the books because his agent told him to, no less) means he can't get roles in things he could have been brilliant in. Personally, I don't think he has the right look or style for Finnick, but still. It's sad that the automatic reaction is OMFG HAAAAAAAEEET!

I have nothing against Robert Pattinson as an actor. I', not a fan of Twilight, but i don't hate it like some people on here seem to do. I saw the first two movie's and decided it wasn't really my thing. Pattinson didn't really stand out to me as a actor but you cant just someone on just one role and i don't think I've seen him in anything else.

The problem with Pattinson playing Finnick is that his association. with Twilight will overshadow a amazing character

I can understand why he himself wouldn't want to play Finnick. If he did, right after having done the Twilight series, he would be at great risk of being typecast for the several years. Now that he is so much in the spotlight he needs to do as many different things as he can to show his qualities as an actor. Also, i don't think he will settle for very much less then the lead role unless its a very interesting role. The part of Finnick will definitely not be a high paying one.

Devoted Cleric

Zias
Kasri Noireau
Zias

“I woke up this morning and saw all these things about me being cast in The Hunger Games,” Pattinson tells USA TODAY. “I was kind of curious for a second. So I called my agent.”

The response?

“(My agent) was like no one’s going to offer you that part,” Pattinson says, breaking into a laugh. “I was like, thanks for the reassurance.”

You know, that's kind of sad. I have quite a lot of time for Robert Pattinson and it really sucks that his involvement in an awful franchise with a big love/hate base (that he signed on for before he'd read the books because his agent told him to, no less) means he can't get roles in things he could have been brilliant in. Personally, I don't think he has the right look or style for Finnick, but still. It's sad that the automatic reaction is OMFG HAAAAAAAEEET!

I have nothing against Robert Pattinson as an actor. I', not a fan of Twilight, but i don't hate it like some people on here seem to do. I saw the first two movie's and decided it wasn't really my thing. Pattinson didn't really stand out to me as a actor but you cant just someone on just one role and i don't think I've seen him in anything else.

The problem with Pattinson playing Finnick is that his association. with Twilight will overshadow a amazing character

I can understand why he himself wouldn't want to play Finnick. If he did, right after having done the Twilight series, he would be at great risk of being typecast for the several years. Now that he is so much in the spotlight he needs to do as many different things as he can to show his qualities as an actor. Also, i don't think he will settle for very much less then the lead role unless its a very interesting role. The part of Finnick will definitely not be a high paying one.

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you were being hateful. The exchange with his agent is just what got me thinking. Sorry for any offence!

In personality at least, I think Finnick is very different character to Edward, but I take your point. The pretty boy isn't an easy role to maintain for long and different kinds of roles would probably help his career.

Who do you see playing Finnick, just to be vaguely on topic? I'm having a hard time head-casting, because it all looks a little anime-esque in my head ^^;

8,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Kasri Noireau
Zias
Kasri Noireau
Zias

The response?

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you were being hateful. The exchange with his agent is just what got me thinking. Sorry for any offence!

In personality at least, I think Finnick is very different character to Edward, but I take your point. The pretty boy isn't an easy role to maintain for long and different kinds of roles would probably help his career.

Who do you see playing Finnick, just to be vaguely on topic? I'm having a hard time head-casting, because it all looks a little anime-esque in my head ^^;

No offense taken, I just wanted to point out that I had nothing against the guy. I was just getting a enjoyed that this rumor is not going away even though he himself has already said he's not going to do it. ^_^

I agree that Finnick is very different then Edward in personality but its still the pretty boy role. If a young actor takes that role to often he wont be offered anything else because casting directors will not look past the face.

How do I see as Finnick? I don't know, i kind of hope it will be a unknown, somebody who can build their career on the role. But if i had to chose between some known actors, maybe Ben Barnes? Not even sure about that either sweatdrop I don't know a lot of young actors at the moment.
I don't think Robert Pattinson should star in Catching Fire. No matter what movie he is in, I will always see him as Edward Cullen...sometimes Cedric Diggory too. xD I prefer The Hunger Games over Twilight, so, I'd rather they not throw in a huge Twilight star into this new rage. I also don't see Rob fitting in too well with the atmosphere. Once a vampire, always a vampire? lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff