Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did anyone else get pissed off with this book? I mean you spend half of it in Katniss's mind, which is almost completely insane, Gale becomes blood thirsty, Peeta crazy, and what was the point of going to the capitol at the end? All that did was give Collins a reason to kill off some beloved characters. There was absolutely no point in killing Finnick, and when she killed off Prim, that kills the purpose of the whole series. The point of Katniss going into the Hunger Games, Starting the uprising, was so she could protect Prim. And Collins kills her in a scene that is a complete jumbled mess of poor writing skills. And Prim would not want to bring back the Hunger Games as Katniss said. "Its what Prim would have wanted." Also, Gale disappears out of nowhere, her mothers gone, and out of nowhere shes back with Peeta. Seriously Collins? Did you get lazy?

Anyone Agree?

Wheezing Gekko

10,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
I disagree. I thought it was a beautiful and realistic ending.

If you read the trilogy expecting some mystical fairytale ending... I feel like you might have misunderstood a large premise of the books.

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Friendly 100
I was pissed off like the whole time I was reading it.. I get the whole killing off Prim though. But, the ending was good.. From what they could have made it. But, it was stupid they killed off all those characters.

I'm just hoping the movies will be better.
Kitara Lira

If you read the trilogy expecting some mystical fairytale ending... I feel like you might have misunderstood a large premise of the books.
The ending isn't to realistic. Out of nowhere Peeta's in her home again. He sleeps with her to comfort her and all of a sudden they have 3 children.

Wealthy Tycoon

katniss wanting to bring back the hunger games "for prim" served two purposes. 1) so that the new president would trust katniss enough to stand near her with a weapon in hand and 2)so haymitch would also vote for the hunger games. she only wanted them so she could kill the hypocrite sittin in the throne.

the writing style was fine. It just had a lot all at once.

The point of killing prim was to show that some times, no matter what you do, you have to act for yourself. Prim was an embodiment of the revolution, growing as it did. When it was apparent that nothing changes, prim died.

The varying degrees of insanity are correct. It would be almost impossible for a 16 year old to go through what katniss did without some PTSD. She was forced to kill people who had no choice but to kill other people.

In closing, i disagree. The books were amazing. I look forward to anything else collins writes.

Wheezing Gekko

10,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Mako Fire Ferret
Kitara Lira

The ending isn't to realistic. Out of nowhere Peeta's in her home again. He sleeps with her to comfort her and all of a sudden they have 3 children.

Over the course of the novels, with all that Katniss has experienced, she begins to lose touch with whatever sanity she once had. Peeta is no different, and the hijacking only serves to amplify this. Thus a relationship that may have been love on Peeta's behalf is now a relationship of perhaps love, but ultimately need. They need the other to keep what semblance of balance they have left in their fragment worlds. They are the others adhesive, and I would argue, the only reason they have left to live.
Individuals who live fragmented lives still have children, they are no different from anyone else. In fact children can be seen as a means to leave the past behind and start anew.
I'll admit I didn't like the third part of mockingjay, but that's more because Collins plucked off almost all the characters I sympathized with. Really though, it was beautiful writing. I expected it from the beginning, the 1984 type premise made me sure that Katniss would be broken in some way or another.

It was a fitting end to the tale, I just find myself hard pressed to believe characters doing certain things. Honestly, the instant Peeta was tuck in the squad and they wanted to stick her in a 'cleared' block inspite of the fact that they would win by this point regardless of morale I felt someone should have caught on and said 'hell no.'

Honestly, it's that last act, as Katniss makes her way to Snow's mansion, that bothers me. A lot of it seemed too easily avoidable by common sense.

Still, terrific writing nonetheless.
Mako Fire Ferret
Did anyone else get pissed off with this book? I mean you spend half of it in Katniss's mind, which is almost completely insane, Gale becomes blood thirsty, Peeta crazy, and what was the point of going to the capitol at the end? All that did was give Collins a reason to kill off some beloved characters. There was absolutely no point in killing Finnick, and when she killed off Prim, that kills the purpose of the whole series. The point of Katniss going into the Hunger Games, Starting the uprising, was so she could protect Prim. And Collins kills her in a scene that is a complete jumbled mess of poor writing skills. And Prim would not want to bring back the Hunger Games as Katniss said. "Its what Prim would have wanted." Also, Gale disappears out of nowhere, her mothers gone, and out of nowhere shes back with Peeta. Seriously Collins? Did you get lazy?

Anyone Agree?

Yes, I do agree. -.- I hated the ending. I think that Collins must've gotten lazy towards the end of the book, so she rushed the ending. **WARNING SPOILERS** Did Cinna die because he made a dress for Katniss that was illegal and was executed?

Enduring Phantom

I agree, and I think the ending was almost as fairytale as it gets for this kind of book. I was thinking that the events that had transpired would have ruined Katniss and Peeta's relationship, and that they would just live in an awkward acquaintance level friendship for the rest of their lives. I figured Katniss would end up drinking herself into oblivion like Haymitch, and that Peeta would become an insane artist who loses his grip on reality and most likely kills himself.

That would have been the more realistic ending for those two in my mind. All the characters I cared about ended up dead, so why should I have expected anything even remotely happy for the Katniss and Peeta? Truthfully I didn't, but then I get some sugary 'happily ever after' s**t.

Liberal Lover

I honestly thought she was going to kill herself at the end, with her going crazy and whatnot. I was hoping for an ending like that, sort of a better fall from grace than going crazy getting with peeta and having kids...

Enduring Phantom

x Racist Panda x
Mako Fire Ferret

Anyone Agree?

Yes, I do agree. -.- I hated the ending. I think that Collins must've gotten lazy towards the end of the book, so she rushed the ending. **WARNING SPOILERS** Did Cinna die because he made a dress for Katniss that was illegal and was executed?

Yeah, I think that dress' symbolic meaning was very clear to everyone there. They knew the connotations of the mockingjay, and Cinna knew. By altering the dress to make that statement, he was basically putting up a huge sign saying "Hey, guess what, Capitol? I'm a rebel! Up yours, assholes!"...and thus, the Capitol kills him.
Karyu-tono
x Racist Panda x
Mako Fire Ferret

Anyone Agree?

Yeah, I think that dress' symbolic meaning was very clear to everyone there. They knew the connotations of the mockingjay, and Cinna knew. By altering the dress to make that statement, he was basically putting up a huge sign saying "Hey, guess what, Capitol? I'm a rebel! Up yours, assholes!"...and thus, the Capitol kills him.

How did they kill him? o-o And what was Katniss's and Peeta's reaction?

Enduring Phantom

x Racist Panda x
Karyu-tono
x Racist Panda x
Mako Fire Ferret

Anyone Agree?

How did they kill him? o-o And what was Katniss's and Peeta's reaction?

They beat him unconscious in front of Katniss before they sent her up into the arena and she nearly s**t herself and had a breakdown, but he didn't die there. That was just to mess with her head. He died later from abuse during interrogation about the rebellion.

We never get Peeta's reaction as far as I remember, but I guess he doesn't really care because he never says anything about it...

8,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
I thought it was pretty good, but don't understand whats so bad about it....what more could she do at the end of the book? If Snow is dead and the Games is over and everybody is happy, what next?
EDIT: and about how she was all depressed and insane as a bad thing....I'm sure you would come out of going through not one, but two games where you had to kill people you knew nothing about and go through losing people you loved perfectly fine right? -_-....
Karyu-tono
Truthfully I didn't, but then I get some sugary 'happily ever after' s**t.

Being wracked with depression and violent flashbacks for the rest of your lives is sugary?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff