Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ganon Firenight
PetitEspoir
I was really disappointed with the whole book honestly.
They could've at least made Katniss and Gale get together to at least show some hope of how things used to be *sigh*

You mean how it used to be, when they lived in the crapsackiest village of a crapsack world?

There was never any hope for those two. :I Stop expecting authors to satisfy your ships. I honestly doubt that after his bombs were used to kill Prim, he could ever look Katniss in the eye again.

Erm no how it used to be when bloodshed wasn't as common and accepted like nowadays. I thought Gale would've been better because that is my personal preference and I felt he was always constant and a fixture in Katniss' life rather than Peeta who only became apparent after the games. I fail to see how preferring Gale and Katniss over Peeta and Katniss is expecting authors to satisfy my ships so to speak. Peeta just bugs me. I know he's one of the kindest guys and he matured greatly but there's just something I couldn't put my finger on.

Moonlight Conventioneer

12,300 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
Called a good story. Just because that was katniss's reason, doesn't mean that's going to be what happened. She isn't a god or anything, she's human.

Deal with it. It was amazing.

Moonlight Conventioneer

12,300 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
iOfficialMako
Kitara Lira
I disagree. I thought it was a beautiful and realistic ending.

If you read the trilogy expecting some mystical fairytale ending... I feel like you might have misunderstood a large premise of the books.
The ending isn't to realistic. Out of nowhere Peeta's in her home again. He sleeps with her to comfort her and all of a sudden they have 3 children.

You must have read sparknotes.

7,650 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
skittlemaster42
katniss wanting to bring back the hunger games "for prim" served two purposes. 1) so that the new president would trust katniss enough to stand near her with a weapon in hand and 2)so haymitch would also vote for the hunger games. she only wanted them so she could kill the hypocrite sittin in the throne.

the writing style was fine. It just had a lot all at once.

The point of killing prim was to show that some times, no matter what you do, you have to act for yourself. Prim was an embodiment of the revolution, growing as it did. When it was apparent that nothing changes, prim died.

The varying degrees of insanity are correct. It would be almost impossible for a 16 year old to go through what katniss did without some PTSD. She was forced to kill people who had no choice but to kill other people.

In closing, i disagree. The books were amazing. I look forward to anything else collins writes.

^ You sir just summed up what I felt about the last book. The whole series was a wild ride that constantly kept you on your toes - keeping the last book inside Katniss' mind was great on Collins part since we almost feel like we are going through the same things as her and how crazy that last book was read exactly like what she was experiencing.

Friendly Player

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Unofficial Leah C
Karyu-tono
Truthfully I didn't, but then I get some sugary 'happily ever after' s**t.

Being wracked with depression and violent flashbacks for the rest of your lives is sugary?
it is when youve chosen to forget about it and have 3 kids with some random guy that you barely knew in the beginning. that was a "wtf" moment

Friendly Player

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
the books where good, don't get me wrong, i'm just dissatisfied with the ending. suzanne collins is a great author and all, but she got lazy in the end. it happens to everyone.

Friendly Player

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PetitEspoir
Ganon Firenight
PetitEspoir
I was really disappointed with the whole book honestly.
They could've at least made Katniss and Gale get together to at least show some hope of how things used to be *sigh*

You mean how it used to be, when they lived in the crapsackiest village of a crapsack world?

There was never any hope for those two. :I Stop expecting authors to satisfy your ships. I honestly doubt that after his bombs were used to kill Prim, he could ever look Katniss in the eye again.

Erm no how it used to be when bloodshed wasn't as common and accepted like nowadays. I thought Gale would've been better because that is my personal preference and I felt he was always constant and a fixture in Katniss' life rather than Peeta who only became apparent after the games. I fail to see how preferring Gale and Katniss over Peeta and Katniss is expecting authors to satisfy my ships so to speak. Peeta just bugs me. I know he's one of the kindest guys and he matured greatly but there's just something I couldn't put my finger on.
i completely understand where you're coming from. peeta buggs the s**t out of me.
IIXxMoonlit_AngelxXII
Unofficial Leah C
Karyu-tono
Truthfully I didn't, but then I get some sugary 'happily ever after' s**t.

Being wracked with depression and violent flashbacks for the rest of your lives is sugary?
it is when youve chosen to forget about it and have 3 kids with some random guy that you barely knew in the beginning. that was a "wtf" moment

... Two kids. And it had been years since 'the beginning.' And he wasn't exactly 'random,' she's always felt she owed him for saving her family's lives with the bread... And she hasn't forgotten about it. It's mentioned in that epilogue how Peeta still has violent flashbacks and Katniss struggles with her depression.
For me, most of it was ok. I did not like how she killed off a lot of characters, but I could deal with it. (Except for Finnick. I really liked Finnick.) I was annoyed, though, with the ending. It felt a bit rushed to me. I was really annoyed when Prime died and how her mother and Gale just left. Also, to be honest, I never saw Katniss having kids. But overall, it was good.

Shy Fatcat

8,800 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Text is in white below to block out any spoilers!

I was kinda disappointed she killed off prim, but I could see her reasoning for it. I was hoping they could've some how brought her back . Like as if Katniss was over acting on what happened.

What I got pissed about is Katniss has to go back to her home basically by herself, mother is taken away/kept at district 13, and then gale who is her supposed best friend goes to a complete different district! Maybe could've been like a whole goodbye on his part or something at least. Those last few pages just really annoyed me.

I don't get why as well, they weren't all valued as equals in the end living together, katniss has to return to their torn down district, yeah maybe after the"20" years their lives are almost normal and there doesn't seem to be any thought of war for whatever reason left, there still is the ranking? I don't even know .

3,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I just feel sad how Finnick's death wasn't really discussed in the book

Invisible Mage

12,850 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
*throws the Mockingjay against a wall*

I cannot stand how utterly annoying Katniss had gotten in this book. It's ridiculous how much angst and woe she's going through, I understand it's a crappy situation but the number of break downs she has and the wallowing in anguish got really old really fast.

I wanted to like this book, I really did! I enjoyed the set up and the whole situation of the Capitols vs the Districts, the oppressive government with it's controlling ways and the uprising that boiled up from the symbol of a girl 'in love'

But Katniss completely ruined it for me with how we're stuck in her head the whole time and she's either knocked out, getting her a** kicked, drugged, or being an all around woe is me character the whole time. The first two she wasn't too bad. I liked the complications of her confusions of relationships and the forced upon her relationship with Peeta and whatever while questioning if she really did care for Gale more. By the end of the second book I thought she was over it all now thanks to her deciding on Gale and going with the Resistance. Hoping that she'd be over all of that... but turns out she degraded down into a pile of goo and has to have a bunch of people saving her all the bloody time.

The ending? Totally rushed and I had to reread it a few times because I got whiplash on how sudden it happened. Maybe if the book spent less time on Katniss' utter angst fest and crap like that it could have been way better.

Oh my load, there was just way too much. I had never read a more infuriating ending of a series in a long time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games