Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Sex Symbol

7,450 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Generous 100
I have to admit the hunger games movie is a movie i am not looking forward to. Im not trying to be a douche i just don't see whats so great about it a bunch of people get taking on a game where they have to fight for there lives this sounds like the movie featuring Stone Cold Steve Austin called the condemned so sorry but i'm just not excited about this.

8,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
When i first read the description of the hunger games i had absolutely no interest in reading it. I only ended up reading it because i had time to kill and the was absolutely nothing ells.

I loved it.

Not because its a bout kids in a game where they have to kill each other. But because of everything around it. The game is just the setting.

But i full understand it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Invisible Noob

10,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
when i first heard about the hunger games, i thought it sounded REALLY stupid. xp

Dunno, everyone has their own opinions & i respect yours.
but xD i actually ended up liking the books a helluva lot.

Ladykiller

I'm just really ******** tired of hearing about it. It doesn't look that great, either. It seems like any other teen romance but with a fight for your life thing thrown in.
catini
    I'm just really ******** tired of hearing about it. It doesn't look that great, either. It seems like any other teen romance but with a fight for your life thing thrown in.

Unfortunately, for a while, you will just have to endure. There are plenty of things I rage over when I hear about it like twilight but I still have to deal with it. Also, have you read it yet? You don't have to, but if you haven't, perhaps you should?

And as for the romance thing. Blame the fans who started the team garbage. It's not about romance. Or at least, it's not the primary focus. At any rate, it's going to stick around. Just ignore it.

8,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
catini

Its really a shame that there is so much focus on the romance since there is almost none of it in the first book. (Spoiler) And the bit that's in there is mostly pretend. <-----

I think there just trying to catch the Twilight crowed.

Ladykiller

mockingjay_everdeen
catini

Unfortunately, for a while, you will just have to endure. There are plenty of things I rage over when I hear about it like twilight but I still have to deal with it. Also, have you read it yet? You don't have to, but if you haven't, perhaps you should?

And as for the romance thing. Blame the fans who started the team garbage. It's not about romance. Or at least, it's not the primary focus. At any rate, it's going to stick around. Just ignore it.

Yeah, I know I'll just have to get over it, but it's still aggravating. I'm sort of a hypocrite, too, since I always tell my friends about Naruto when they've already said they don't like the series. razz

I don't really enjoy reading books. sweatdrop I might see the movie with my friends since they're fans, but I'm a stubborn person and probably won't let myself like it.
catini
mockingjay_everdeen
catini

Yeah, I know I'll just have to get over it, but it's still aggravating. I'm sort of a hypocrite, too, since I always tell my friends about Naruto when they've already said they don't like the series. razz

I don't really enjoy reading books. sweatdrop I might see the movie with my friends since they're fans, but I'm a stubborn person and probably won't let myself like it.

I mean, in the end, it's something that's going to be around, no matter how much you think you won't like it. I say, give everything a chance once. And don't go with your friends, who will likely be hyperventilating at Josh and Liam...>> (I already know I will be hit several times during the premier) I suggest go when the hype is down a bit.

And I am the worst reader, you would never know it, considering I finished the Hunger Games series in a week. But the point I am trying to make is, ignore the hype, the fangirls, the teams, all of it. Push it out. And then just read with an open mind.

Part of me really hopes you will find it isn't "any other teen romance" and actually interesting. :3 If not, hey, at least you tried, yeah?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff