Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Did you like Mockingjay?

Yes, it was my favorite. 0.38888888888889 38.9% [ 7 ]
It was alright. 0.44444444444444 44.4% [ 8 ]
No, not one of the better books in the series. 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 18 ]

Did you like Mockingjay? Because I didn't. I found it very hard to follow. Post what you thinkk.

Sexy Prophet

10,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
It was my favorite book! Although i did have to look back in the previous books a few times just to clarify some things that happened. Other than that I found it rather easy to follow. I would suggest re-reading the parts you didnt understand.
zombiecowboys
Did you like Mockingjay? Because I didn't. I found it very hard to follow. Post what you thinkk.

I personally thought Mockingjay was the worst book of the series. Not only was it so vastly different from the other 2 since it had no Hunger Games what so ever, but throughout the book Katniss was preparing the whole time for the siege of the capital.
There were ups and downs, but when they finally got to the capitol, Finnick (my fave character of the series besides Peeta) was killed along with Prim, and Katniss was knocked unconscious before she could even step foot inside the President's mansion. It sucked out all the excitement of the finale; the rebels capturing the mansion should've been told from someone else's point of view, but I have a feeling the author simply didn't feel like dealing with that mansion, since Katniss was left behind when the rest of the team saved Johana and Peeta as well.
Also, Katniss was so emotionally unstable after her Sister's death, it didn't really feel like that much of a resolved ending. I did like how Presidnet Coin was killed instead of Presidnet Snow, but I didn't like how Gale abandoned Katniss at the end (since Peeta is simply too good for Katniss).
That's my view on Mockingjay. I thought Catching Fire was the best book of the series personally.
Yeah I liked it. Even though a lot of stuff wasn't really happening, I felt like it was where Katniss actually started to resolve some of her issues. I also liked the ending where she goes and sees president snow face to face, and you realise there's more substance to him.

I liked it when they were sneaking around and attacking the capitol and how despite there wasn't actually any hunger games, it was still very much like they were in the arena when they were preparing for the hunger games.

Sparkly Genius

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Full closet 200
I honestly thought that Katniss should have been captured by the Capitol. ( please don't hate until I finish.) That would have twisted the whole book seeing as how shes the main character. Then we could've seen what was happening in the capitol and the rebellion. The book was very interesting. Don't get me wrong I loved it. But I think it would have had a better plot twist if Katniss was the one captured and not Peeta.
i cant wait till it comes out as a movie cause the first was great

Liberal Capitalist

This was me at the beginning of Mockingjay, and then me when I finished it.

User Image

Kawaii Kitten

Black Cat Midnight Magic
zombiecowboys

I personally thought Mockingjay was the worst book of the series. Not only was it so vastly different from the other 2 since it had no Hunger Games what so ever, but throughout the book Katniss was preparing the whole time for the siege of the capital.
There were ups and downs, but when they finally got to the capitol, Finnick (my fave character of the series besides Peeta) was killed along with Prim, and Katniss was knocked unconscious before she could even step foot inside the President's mansion. It sucked out all the excitement of the finale; the rebels capturing the mansion should've been told from someone else's point of view, but I have a feeling the author simply didn't feel like dealing with that mansion, since Katniss was left behind when the rest of the team saved Johana and Peeta as well.
Also, Katniss was so emotionally unstable after her Sister's death, it didn't really feel like that much of a resolved ending. I did like how Presidnet Coin was killed instead of Presidnet Snow, but I didn't like how Gale abandoned Katniss at the end (since Peeta is simply too good for Katniss).
That's my view on Mockingjay. I thought Catching Fire was the best book of the series personally.

I think you missed something vitally important. The assault on the Capitol was the Hunger Games. Like the part where Katniss says: Ladies and Gentlemen... and Finnick goes: Welcome to the 76th Annual Hunger games. Coz the pods were like what happened in the arena and everything was all set up like the arena just more players.

That being said I agree with ToYube. Killing Finnick was like WTF??????!!!! FUUUUUU~!!! crying scream
I really was disappointed in Mockingjay. I'm only 3/4 way through it, but I just felt like it was overall the worst novel in the trilogy. Hunger Games was for sure my favorite.

Salty Dreamer

45,125 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Hero 100
I enjoyed Mockingjay. I knew beforehand that Prim was going to die, convinced myself that it wouldn't bother me, and then still broke apart when she died. Part of me was screaming "Katniss took that first step in the first book to save Prim and now she's DEAD!"

Some of my friends claim to hate Katniss at the end of the books, but I don't feel that way at all. Katniss, throughout the series, was very... human. She wasn't some perfect main character who could do no wrong, and most all of her choices and actions were understandable. I liked that she cracked because that, personally, made her pain resonate deeper and made her so much more believable as a teenage girl.

I loved that they were back in the arena. That was a wonderful twist.
I didn't like Finnick's death. He got one sentence to die. You would think that he would have gone out with a show, at least. I loved him.

I'd give Mockingjay a 7.5/10.
Misaki the Cute
Black Cat Midnight Magic
zombiecowboys

I think you missed something vitally important. The assault on the Capitol was the Hunger Games. Like the part where Katniss says: Ladies and Gentlemen... and Finnick goes: Welcome to the 76th Annual Hunger games. Coz the pods were like what happened in the arena and everything was all set up like the arena just more players.

That being said I agree with ToYube. Killing Finnick was like WTF??????!!!! FUUUUUU~!!! crying scream

I agree! I think I would've enjoyed the book a lot more soley if the author had just let Finnick live!! Btw how do you attach your signiture and aquriam when posting again? I forgot sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff