Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Smoker

7,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200
They already have the poorly chosen cast down. But I saw a shirt that said Team Gale, so that made me go off the edge. I don't want that stupid hype for the Games. What do you guys think?

Beginner Warrior

It's not the same as Twilight. It has a plot more involved than "Teen heroine gets loved by all hot guys." But marketers are quick to jump on any bandwagon they can to sell toys and tshirts, so they'll hype what they can without knowing anything about the stories.

Wheezing Smoker

7,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200
[Barbarella]
It's not the same as Twilight. It has a plot more involved than "Teen heroine gets loved by all hot guys." But marketers are quick to jump on any bandwagon they can to sell toys and tshirts, so they'll hype what they can without knowing anything about the stories.

Yes, I know all that. I just don't want the obnoxious fan base twilight has.

Invisible Gekko

18,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
After I read the second book, I suddenly felt a Twilight vibe from it.

Not as in a bad story. The fact Katniss went on, "who should I pick, Gale or Peeta?" kind of thing, kinda made me back down from it..

But I did like the idea of of though, it's kinda like Battle Royal..

Demonic Kitten

The New Comb
[Barbarella]

I don't it to go from suspensful to fangirls and romance. I'm not a fangirl of anyone, fictional or otherwise. And I'd hate for it to be made into some cheap trend. Whenever a book turns into a movie now, they make it cheap and temporary. If my books get made into movies someday I want it to be taken seriously. Something that has quality and heart to it, not just 'let's see how much money we can make with this before people grow sick of it.' I hope that's not what they have in mind for the Hunger Games

Midori Arai's Girlfriend

Mind-boggling Abomination

19,575 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50
Kumatora-san

Not as in a bad story. The fact Katniss went on, "who should I pick, Gale or Peeta?" kind of thing, kinda made me back down from it..

I just kinda skipped past the mushy parts.

But meh. I don't really like Peeta anyway. Me and my friends have this joke that all he ever thinks about is baking and Katniss.

Sparkly Prophet

According to what I read on twitter, THG movie did what twilight and harry potter couldn't do: represent the book. I hope it's true smile
Kumatora-san

Well you know, the whole 'Twilight's Team Jacob or Team what's his face... ahh right, Edward' isn't... what started it all. Its a typical love triangle. It happens in most romance novels, graphic novels, animes, dramas, reality shows, movies, etc. The whole thing is labeled as the 'Twilight' thing because the Twilight production people actually started to make shirts and advertise the whole thing. But honestly, Twilight didn't start that so why would it have a "vibe" to it? Many girls go through the phase of choosing between two guys .__.

I mean, yes, I don't like the whole 'team Jacob or team *cough*sparkly-lame*cough*Edward' thing because of the whole advertising process of selling shirts and banners and... stuff BUUT its normal to have love triangles and "teams" (though we really shouldn't call it a team). And I don't mind it WHEN its not dividing people into two sides >: because really, a lot of the girls go crazy over it -.-

Invisible Fatcat

8,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
Hunger games does not have poorly chosen cast member.= m = ; Don't hate on the cast members till you see em act. Second- twilight has no good qualities even in the books. Once you put sparkly vampires in it, the whole thing is a piece of s**t. Hunger games was well written and more than half the time it focused on action not romance thank-you. We all know who she ends up with in the end ( if you finished the series ) therefore teams are plain stupid and they were stupid in the first place. Hunger games is gonna rock.
I just finished the series a couple of days ago and i think that the story did have me feeling a twilight feel as she kept thinking about both of them. And i don't have high hopes for the movie but if they go down the team gale/peeta stuff marketing and focus more on that it will kill it for me.

4,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
Kez Mani
Kumatora-san

I just kinda skipped past the mushy parts.

But meh. I don't really like Peeta anyway. Me and my friends have this joke that all he ever thinks about is baking and Katniss.

The mushy parts made me want to smack Suzanne Collins. They weren't believable. I don't like Peeta either, and a lot of people I talk to love him.

Beloved Lunatic

9,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
The New Comb
[Barbarella]

Unfortunately, it's already got that base and won't be changing. It doesn't help when it's advertised as the "new" Twilight. (I'm dead serious. It was advertised, on the radio where I live, as the new Twilight....)

5,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
If they make this movie like Twilight, I might cry... It looks like a good movie, though I haven't read the books.
As someone who is not a fan of Twilight, I honestly think this is not going to be like Twilight.

In my opinion, the only thing that resembles the Twilight books is that Katniss is confused about either choosing Peeta or Gale, and why wouldn't she? Gale is a hunk-a man and Peeta is so adorably sweet.

Plus, The Hunger Games is written far better than the Twilight series.

Invisible Gekko

18,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
mikagexluv

Well you know, the whole 'Twilight's Team Jacob or Team what's his face... ahh right, Edward' isn't... what started it all. Its a typical love triangle. It happens in most romance novels, graphic novels, animes, dramas, reality shows, movies, etc. The whole thing is labeled as the 'Twilight' thing because the Twilight production people actually started to make shirts and advertise the whole thing. But honestly, Twilight didn't start that so why would it have a "vibe" to it? Many girls go through the phase of choosing between two guys .__.

In what, TV or movies? I've never encountered a single girl that was stuck between two guys. Mainly people who choose one guy and fans about him. But then again, I tend to not care about those things.
I am aware Twilight didn't start it..
I can't exactly explain why I felt one, I just did. Although, it could be all in my head.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff