Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,750 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I HATE the book. It's basically one of the stories Stephen King wrote first LITERALLY, look it up.
Even so Stephen King had a LOT better writing than the regular author did because I could not understand the point or where the story was even going.

The movie was a complete and utter flop but I will compare it to Twilight because people think it's so utterly deep and amazing, they will go see it and create such a massive deal on how great the movie is or how terrible it is and YET they would still go to see ALL of the movies.

What I hate the most about this is the fans. They make such a stupid big deal about something that is such horrid, utter s**t that we hear it EVERYWHERE. I HATE people constantly talking about The Hunger Games where ever I go and talking about how good or how terrible the movie is. GET OVER IT. Harry Potter was more original than this and then the fans got crazy. I HATE people making a big deal over something that isn't.

The book is a ripoff and really stupid and the movie is even worse now that I can see how ridiculous the characters are. I'M DONE. I'm sick of Harry Potter, I'm SICK of Twilight, AND I'M SICK AND TIRED OF THE HUNGER GAMES!

EDIT:// Please read at least to Page 3 of the Forum before posting. I'm tired of having to explain myself to people more than twice. I actually DID explain to people my more in depth reasons for hating the Hunger Games itself.

EDIT:// So many people are commenting the same thing over that I've explained already so I'm probably not going to reply as much as I did... I'm getting tired explaining to "the people who don't give a ********" when they care because they're going out of their way to tell me "I don't give a ******** about your opinion and no one does" "Okay, then why are you commenting just to tell me this?"
And as for the people that want me to die in a hole just because I don't like the series? Really -.-
Oh and another thing: This forum isn't just for fans... please get that through your head. I have the right to my own opinion

Distinct Gawker

5,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
Sweety, I'm going to let you in on a secret. No, wait two secrets. Here they are:

We, are not Twitards. We don't give a flying ******** if you don't like the series.

Also, no one gives a flying s**t what you think about any of these books series. Go tell your mommy or something, maybe she'll have a ******** she can give you.

But, i do agree, Stephen King is perhaps one of my favorite authors.

(also, i stopped reading your post about halfway through, the idiocy of it just sort of lost my attention. At least try to be original. )
Emo-Dei-Kyuubi
I HATE the book. It's basically one of the stories Steven King wrote first LITERALLY, look it up.
Even so Steven King had a LOT better writing than the regular author did because I could not understand the point or where the story was even going.

The movie was a complete and utter flop but I will compare it to Twilight because people think it's so utterly deep and amazing, they will go see it and create such a massive deal on how great the movie is or how terrible it is and YET they would still go to see ALL of the movies.

What I hate the most about this is the fans. They make such a stupid big deal about something that is such horrid, utter s**t that we hear it EVERYWHERE. I HATE people constantly talking about The Hunger Games where ever I go and talking about how good or how terrible the movie is. GET OVER IT. Harry Potter was more original than this and then the fans got crazy. I HATE people making a big deal over something that isn't.

The book is a ripoff and really stupid and the movie is even worse now that I can see how ridiculous the characters are. I'M DONE. I'm sick of Harry Potter, I'm SICK of Twilight, AND I'M SICK AND TIRED OF THE HUNGER GAMES!

I agree, the books were complete rubbish. The only thing I dont agree on is the movie, I ALWAYS love the movies more than the books. I liked things t be acted out. It's just so cool! I thought the book Hunger agames wasn't a good piece of writing, I've read MUCH better books! dramallama
Emiezz27
Do you think we care about your opinion? rolleyes Trust me, your opinion is not gonna end the movie or the whole world. Thinking ur so awesome and everyones gonna follow along if you post if on gaia? Well, are you famous, do you have a book? Oh.. No you don't. Stop posting this sh*t.

Do you think I care about how much you hate someone's post? You're sharing your opinion by saying you hate someone elses. When really, you don't realize that maybe your opinion isn't valid either. dramallama

Rude much? rolleyes
Dove_of_Dawn
Sweety, I'm going to let you in on a secret. No, wait two secrets. Here they are:

We, are not Twitards. We don't give a flying ******** if you don't like the series.

Also, no one gives a flying s**t what you think about any of these books series. Go tell your mommy or something, maybe she'll have a ******** she can give you.

(also, i stopped reading your post about halfway through, the idiocy of it just sort of lost my attention. At least try to be original. )

Why are people so rude? Sheesh. At least share opinions without curing and insulting eachothers moms....

5,400 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Dove_of_Dawn

I definitely agree with her. Cause for one, we don't give a damn to people who are hungry for compliments on certain things that they like or hate about. Next time, if you don't like something, you're better off, out there on the corner & sitting & talking their by yourself, where no one would listen but just the plain stupid wall. wink

Aged Noob

Dove_of_Dawn

I agree with Dove but I have a few things to add...
Now, I would have respected your hatred towards the series but your reasons were just SO idiotic. You couldn't see where the story was going? How dumb do you have to be to not see the clear picture she was obviously giving us. There are many MANY stories written that are alike, you t**t. Oh, have you ever written a book? Nonetheless a trilogy? I don't think so. Now then, why don't you just ******** off.

User Image
Why are you posting how much you hate the hunger games on a forum place for fans?

6,750 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Team Jacob 100
LoveRomanceRoses
I agree, the books were complete rubbish. The only thing I dont agree on is the movie, I ALWAYS love the movies more than the books. I liked things t be acted out. It's just so cool! I thought the book Hunger agames wasn't a good piece of writing, I've read MUCH better books! dramallama

Movies tend to show off more if people can read the books well, but some directors do tend to guess or put in their own creative perspective for the movies. I will agree on you that movies are better than books most of the time because unneeded stuff are cut. I mean, no movie could include EVERYTHING from a book and incorporate it or the movie would be too long and boring for people to sit through and watch.
I just kinda don't like how the book or movie was really played out and maybe it's more of the fans that are making me delirious and insane, but I just didn't like how either was played out.

Dove_of_Dawn

Actually, sense you're commenting you do give a flying ******** about my hatred towards the series. And you are like Twitards or at least are going to be because I see this s**t everywhere and I hate how much people talk about it.
And I bringing up the point AGAIN that if no one gives a s**t on what I have to say, why are you commenting and hating on me for hating the series. You're being a hypocrite.
And I'm not original? rolleyes please. I've heard what you have said from about 10 different people and I would be surprised if you just didn't copy and paste this entire paragraph.

sei646
I agree with Dove but I have a few things to add...
Now, I would have respected your hatred towards the series but your reasons were just SO idiotic. You couldn't see where the story was going? How dumb do you have to be to not see the clear picture she was obviously giving us. There are many MANY stories written that are alike, you t**t. Oh, have you ever written a book? Nonetheless a trilogy? I don't think so. Now then, why don't you just ******** off.

Honestly, ANYONE that likes a series will NOT respect someone's reason to hate it. Case and point you're pointing out my VALID "idiotic" reasons. If you're so smart on the goddamn book, tell me what the purpose of it was? I honestly doubt you even know with the way you're criticizing me and calling me names when I'm just telling you about a book and movie. I have read classical books like the Grapes of Wrath, Dracula, Frankenstein, The Scarlet Letter, The Great Gatsby, The Lord of the Flies, Hamlet, and I could go on from there and I could understand all of those but Twilight and this book are repetitive and the scene changes are so confusing that any reasonable person without a mental condition would look at the Hunger Games and Twilight and not know what the ******** they are reading.
And I have written MANY stories that are different and since you're going to be rude, I might as well call you a t**t as well. How many stories have YOU written that are the same? I suppose that means that it's okay that we go and read the same goddamn story that's making millions of more dollars than the original author. NO. That is copyright infringement. And what's the point in reading the same exact story if the ending turns out the same anyway? You are lacking in common sense. And I actually have written books but why write a series of books that are dull and ineffective at spreading their message. You ******** off and have a nice day ;3

XXxxElectric_RainbowXXxx
Why are you posting how much you hate the hunger games on a forum place for fans?

Why not is my question?
Either that or you could pretty much think like everyone else that I'm being an idiot on purpose.
I'm proving a point that I knew would happen, post something and then people actually DO give a s**t about what you comment. Hypocrisy at its finest
It is one thing to hate on it, but there will be people mad about it. yea its your opinion and i respect that, but please watch what you say. People can get pretty mean and think differently. And your right about Stephen king, he's a very well writer and is better than the lady with hunger games.

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
This post failed on many levels.

I am a Twilight anti, and this post sounds much like the Twilight antards, which we also hate. Most of the hardcore THG fans also hate the trillogy's fantards who are only about who Katniss ends up with. I'm also tired of hearing about Peeta vs. Gale, so I'll agree on the fan hate part.

Support your opinions. Anyone who says the series is unoriginal... their opinion is invalid, or it should be. The tale told in The Hunger Games is an old one (as is every other bit of modern literature) that like any fictional piece has roots in myth and history. We have the same plot in The Running Man, The Game (a film I just recently heard about), and Battle Royale. Games such as that can be found in Greek myth, and in history. Basically, old news is old. It's all in the author's intention on the story that changes it, and Collins makes it fresh in my opinion. She makes it relevant to us by relating it to reality television, the media and war, something I haven't seen before.

Why don't you read it for yourself? Have you actually read it and did you understand it? Admittingly, there are better books, but that doesn't make The Hunger Games a bab book at all. I found it to be compelling and well-written (yes, I don't give a damn about scentance fragments since it was in first person present tense perspective. Who thinks in complete scenatances all the time?) It was a complete story with a strong plot and three dimensional characters.

Explain youself more, and I might gain some respect for you. That is not how you critique a story at all, and I know how to rip a bad book apart.

6,650 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Dude, calm down.

6,750 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Team Jacob 100
zukinx3
It is one thing to hate on it, but there will be people mad about it. yea its your opinion and i respect that, but please watch what you say. People can get pretty mean and think differently. And your right about Stephen king, he's a very well writer and is better than the lady with hunger games.

This actually is me watching what I am saying. I see no reason to hold stuff in when it conveys how I feel. I could've gone further to explain myself which would further the people getting mad but yes people do think differently and thank you for the advice.

Belethiel

I am a Twilight anti, and this post sounds much like the Twilight antards, which we also hate. Most of the hardcore THG fans also hate the trillogy's fantards who are only about who Katniss ends up with. I'm also tired of hearing about Peeta vs. Gale, so I'll agree on the fan hate part.

Support your opinions. Anyone who says the series is unoriginal... their opinion is invalid, or it should be. The tale told in The Hunger Games is an old one (as is every other bit of modern literature) that like any fictional piece has roots in myth and history. We have the same plot in The Running Man, The Game (a film I just recently heard about), and Battle Royale. Games such as that can be found in Greek myth, and in history. Basically, old news is old. It's all in the author's intention on the story that changes it, and Collins makes it fresh in my opinion. She makes it relevant to us by relating it to reality television, the media and war, something I haven't seen before.

Why don't you read it for yourself? Have you actually read it and did you understand it? Admittingly, there are better books, but that doesn't make The Hunger Games a bab book at all. I found it to be compelling and well-written (yes, I don't give a damn about scentance fragments since it was in first person present tense perspective. Who thinks in complete scenatances all the time?) It was a complete story with a strong plot and three dimensional characters.

Explain youself more, and I might gain some respect for you. That is not how you critique a story at all, and I know how to rip a bad book apart.

Meh... I'm actually done being an anti-Twitard. Both sides sicken me. I hate Twilight because it is repetitive and just about who Bella ends up with and fans freak out about it like nonsensical baboons. The book itself isn't even an actual gem because it just moves forward on a relationship that Bella is crazy about but how she contemplates what she really wants. What's worse is that even though she puts a lot of detail about the relationship itself, she barely clarifies the background or gives much description to it. Even worse the characters themselves are robotic and do NOT act like how normal people would act. Sure, obsession over a guy, being upset when he broke up with you and clinging to him, but there's not a big reason or a central theme around the plot itself other than the mystery of who Bella will be with and the reason why. Sure there are fights against other vampires but it's just an excuse to keep people reading instead of people realizing how much rubbish the book is and how constantly redundant the whole series is.

The antitards are just about the same or WORSE than the fans themselves because not only do most not even read the book or just judge on commercials or are just tired of hearing it, but they literally go out of their way and push past the limits to say how much they hate the series with no reason other than "TWILEGT SUX LOL U MAD?1 234342423" so I must agree and be on the same boat that fans who go crazy about their book are horrible and so are the antifans who are just a bunch of nonsensical trolls with empty threats and more empty reasons to hate the series than just out of the pure fact they just hate it because it's "popular."

As for the series of The Hunger Games itself, I have read the book and at least TRIED to read the trilogy but I could not get through the second book. The reason I even laid an eye on the books or even noticed the series itself was because my two friends read the book and told me I should give the book a try. I was able to read the first few paragraphs but the book didn't even make any logical sense to me and I kept questioning why they even had to do these "games" in a post-apocalyptic society rather than actually REBUILDING it. Sure, punishment... whatever. It honestly doesn't give much of a reason to actually do these games in the first place. And the games and arena themselves switch around so dryly that I was confused and still had the belief Katniss was still in that certain area but then having to reread it again and question the setting switch. The nonsensical death of one girl in the book was also pretty pointless to include and I didn't understand what she contributed to the story itself. Sure, she was like Kat's sister who almost got chosen for the Hunger Games but her death was so quick that it didn't give me a chance to actually connect to her being there and left me feeling even more distant when "Kat was going against society." The book itself tried to be different by incorporating Roman events and names (as far as I am aware) it didn't fit together as a story and the whole reasoning of the books just left me confused. That's the reason why I do not like the series. I am not judging it based on something I have no knowledge of.

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
Emo-Dei-Kyuubi
zukinx3

This actually is me watching what I am saying. I see no reason to hold stuff in when it conveys how I feel. I could've gone further to explain myself which would further the people getting mad but yes people do think differently and thank you for the advice.

Belethiel

Meh... I'm actually done being an anti-Twitard. Both sides sicken me. I hate Twilight because it is repetitive and just about who Bella ends up with and fans freak out about it like nonsensical baboons. The book itself isn't even an actual gem because it just moves forward on a relationship that Bella is crazy about but how she contemplates what she really wants. What's worse is that even though she puts a lot of detail about the relationship itself, she barely clarifies the background or gives much description to it. Even worse the characters themselves are robotic and do NOT act like how normal people would act. Sure, obsession over a guy, being upset when he broke up with you and clinging to him, but there's not a big reason or a central theme around the plot itself other than the mystery of who Bella will be with and the reason why. Sure there are fights against other vampires but it's just an excuse to keep people reading instead of people realizing how much rubbish the book is and how constantly redundant the whole series is.

The antitards are just about the same or WORSE than the fans themselves because not only do most not even read the book or just judge on commercials or are just tired of hearing it, but they literally go out of their way and push past the limits to say how much they hate the series with no reason other than "TWILEGT SUX LOL U MAD?1 234342423" so I must agree and be on the same boat that fans who go crazy about their book are horrible and so are the antifans who are just a bunch of nonsensical trolls with empty threats and more empty reasons to hate the series than just out of the pure fact they just hate it because it's "popular."

As for the series of The Hunger Games itself, I have read the book and at least TRIED to read the trilogy but I could not get through the second book. The reason I even laid an eye on the books or even noticed the series itself was because my two friends read the book and told me I should give the book a try. I was able to read the first few paragraphs but the book didn't even make any logical sense to me and I kept questioning why they even had to do these "games" in a post-apocalyptic society rather than actually REBUILDING it. Sure, punishment... whatever. It honestly doesn't give much of a reason to actually do these games in the first place. And the games and arena themselves switch around so dryly that I was confused and still had the belief Katniss was still in that certain area but then having to reread it again and question the setting switch. The nonsensical death of one girl in the book was also pretty pointless to include and I didn't understand what she contributed to the story itself. Sure, she was like Kat's sister who almost got chosen for the Hunger Games but her death was so quick that it didn't give me a chance to actually connect to her being there and left me feeling even more distant when "Kat was going against society." The book itself tried to be different by incorporating Roman events and names (as far as I am aware) it didn't fit together as a story and the whole reasoning of the books just left me confused. That's the reason why I do not like the series. I am not judging it based on something I have no knowledge of.

Oh, okay. Thank you for clarifying that. 3nodding

See, they have the Games as a way of maintaining government control. Control through fear is a pretty good way to keep people oppressed, and the Games are a scary threat.

As for the mythology bit, have you read the story it's based off of? It's the story about the minotaur and the laybrinth, and everything makes a lot more sense if you read that. Since I know a little bit about Roman and Greek myth and culture, I see a lot of references in this book that make sense. The Capitol is a place of excess that used death as entertainment, much like Rome did. I guess you have to know some history for that part to make sense. *shrugs*

I don't think there is much to rebuild. Panem has built itself up on the ashes of America, and that's it. It's a new nation, there is no rebuilding to be done, just maintenance of power.

Rue's death was supposed to feel senseless, I think. Okay, I can't sit here and argue, I have to go...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff