• Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
xXxAliciaMarieexXx

Bow down to me!

Mwuheiheiheiheiheihei!!

Those are my orders! Good day!
DarkCastlevaniaNite2

I agree, it's sort of unfair how the best books never get close to being as popular as some of the "big hits". Harry Potter and The Hunger Games are a bit above average and Twilight is absolute rubbish, yet they've made so much money and publicity while other writers are producing high quality work all the time, but only avid readers even recognise them.

4,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Cogent Dream

Bow down to me!

I know! And it really depresses me at times. It's so unfair. I adore Harry Potter, I do- But I recognize that it's just "a little above average."

But I just hope one day that will be different and the media will recognize the brilliant things for brilliant things.

A L I S A XxX's Senpai

Angelic Traveler

7,700 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Reading the books i found that the quality of the books went down hill. But it was still a good series, BUT seeing the movie before reading the book gave alot of insight to the book. On the other hand, the movie was nothing compared to the book... Cant wait to see the other two!! xd

4,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Zan-hd

Bow down to me!

I'm afraid that happens to me all the time. I'm like, this series is EPIC, and then I'm like: D; Why aren't you awesome?

I've only read the first. XD.

: D. Well, I'm glad.

Invisible Mage

13,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
I first saw the movie since everyone was rambling about how it was amazing and what not, I also needed my every other month movie night movie time so I picked Hunger Games with a friend who had already seen it.

It was okay, I mean certainly better then most of the movies I had seen all year (bleh shaky cam bleh) and it made me interested in the books simply because the setting was simply amazing. I loved its concept, look, and feel, so I picked up the book not hours after seeing the movie to see if there was any large differences.

The suprising thing to me was how it was fairly good. I really enjoyed it and the different take they had going on compared to the movie, and the more characters bits where nice. The writing was easy enough to keep my attention and not be bogged down by tons of ridiculous stupor bloated with way too much wtf is going on (looking at you Game of Thrones, easy read you are not DX) and it wasn't too disgusting on the romantic parts. I felt that really added to the story and wasn't too badly done since it was interesting. I enjoyed the first book to the point I finished it in a day, did the same for the second one, then suddenly...

Book. ********. Three.

Mockingjay.

Never had one single book made me so angry at a series as a whole. It was such an angsty pile of crap over stuffed and festering with woe is me and lacking logic in anything Katniss was doing. She turned from a strong female to a pile of stupid goo, and her take on other characters in that book made me want to reach into the book and slap her in the teeth. There was -so- many problems with that book for me, the writing, the characters, the plot, the setting.

Since we where forced to follow Katniss train of thought it was... so tedious. I wanted more about the rebellion, but she spent about 98% of the bloody book wasting my time with how angsty and terrible angst fest of angsty angst s**t DX Girl. Stop it. You where strong and interesting in the first book. What even the crap.

Oh don't even get me started on the stupid love triangle and her final choice. Which by the way, was stupid from a logical stand point in every sense.

So long story short, I can totally understand and get why people could dislike the books or movies. Infact, I like the first two books, ******** hate Mockingjays face off so hard it makes me say naughty words I normally don't say when talking about things :c

That and it is a young adult book. It still fall into those bad young adult themes that tend to happen (IE angst, romance, stupid angst) which can easily turn people off to it.

Though people who think Katniss is strong and awesome in the last book I have no words for because clearly they where reading a much better book then I was. Same if they said it was the best, course that's more of a getting a wtf is this s**t face they'd get from me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff