Welcome to Gaia! ::

Desirable Lover

9,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
The way Katniss treated Peeta. Playing him, made me hate her guts.
Finished the series wednesday, and I am pissed. I had hoped Katniss would die.
But no, she lives and gets the guy, AFTER playing him, and messing around with Gale multiple frickan times.

Sexy Prophet

10,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Yes...I Really have to agree with you on this one... Especially when Peeta went insane from the Tracker Jacker Venom... I wanted to beat her at times xp

Desirable Lover

9,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
cocolacool22
Yes...I Really have to agree with you on this one... Especially when Peeta went insane from the Tracker Jacker Venom... I wanted to beat her at times xp

I was hoping she'd kill the President, then blow herself up somehow. :I
Yes. She's an awful person for pandering to the idea that she and Peeta were star-crossed lovers. She's horrible that she wanted to survive and return to her struggling family and doing so meant she'd have to tug on all the right heartstrings to get her there.

It was never her idea to play up such an act but it was what helped the two of them survive the games. It is also abundantly clear that it wasn't ALL for the cameras. Katniss went through so much to keep Peeta alive, even if the cost was her life.

I'm not saying she didn't frustrate me, because she did. She has never been one motivated by kindness and that alone made me struggle with her. But she loves so fiercely, and in the end, and even throughout, you can see that with Peeta.

Thirteenth Enchantress

I wish she was with Gale. Just as she did originally. crying
:/ I can agree with you at some points in the story. Really frustrating. How she treats Peeta over the torture from Snow.

Wheezing Fatcat

All that is gold does not glitter,

I must agree with you as well. Although there were multiple times I felt she did not deserve someone like Peeta, in the end I didn't feel as though a relationship between her and Gale would have worked.

Not all those who wander are lost.

Sexy Prophet

10,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
I thought thats what happened at the very end... Then i read the entire series... It was still pretty good though. BOOKS OVER MOVIES!!!!
Virtas_Threin
cocolacool22

I was hoping she'd kill the President, then blow herself up somehow. :I

Devoted Cleric

cocolacool22

Wait, what? What did she do to Peeta after he was hijacked that was so horrific? Katniss went half mad when she found out he had been taken, pushed Coin to the point of severe retribution and allowed herself to be turned into a propagandist icon specifically to get him back and then his first reaction (though he had been programmed so I personally don't hold him responsible) was to choke her to the point of unconsciousness. After that she could barely approach him without him consciously having to fight back the urge to kill her, including when they were in a goddamn battlefield together. As far as I can recall, the only things she does to Peeta is maybe possibly think about killing him so he doesn't murder her in her sleep, the incident in the cafeteria where she says something that triggers him and... that's it. Maybe not sitting around and accepting the vitriol his brainwashed mind was throwing at her because she herself was pretty psychologically screwed up already?

Katniss mistrusting and even resenting Peeta - the person she had basically all of her emotional stability hinged on - for abandoning her makes sense. (Yes, I know that he didn't do it intentionally and she knows it too, but I'd wager it's very hard to rationalise like that in a situation like theirs, especially when everything else about their lives has pretty much fallen apart) It was deliberate psychological torture on Snow's part and Snow is very, very good at psychological torture. If you can forgive Peeta for being manipulated and tortured into saying and doing horrible things, why can't you forgive Katniss just because the methods used on her were less direct?

Sexy Prophet

10,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
She played Peeta through out the entire series! The way she always ran back to Gale irritated me. She acted like she could never do things on her own. What happened in book MockingJay
really Irritated me.. Especially the Cafeteria incident... I really didnt mean to offened any one...
Kasri Noireau
cocolacool22

Wait, what? What did she do to Peeta after he was hijacked that was so horrific? Katniss went half mad when she found out he had been taken, pushed Coin to the point of severe retribution and allowed herself to be turned into a propagandist icon specifically to get him back and then his first reaction (though he had been programmed so I personally don't hold him responsible) was to choke her to the point of unconsciousness. After that she could barely approach him without him consciously having to fight back the urge to kill her, including when they were in a goddamn battlefield together. As far as I can recall, the only things she does to Peeta is maybe possibly think about killing him so he doesn't murder her in her sleep, the incident in the cafeteria where she says something that triggers him and... that's it. Maybe not sitting around and accepting the vitriol his brainwashed mind was throwing at her because she herself was pretty psychologically screwed up already?

Katniss mistrusting and even resenting Peeta - the person she had basically all of her emotional stability hinged on - for abandoning her makes sense. (Yes, I know that he didn't do it intentionally and she knows it too, but I'd wager it's very hard to rationalise like that in a situation like theirs, especially when everything else about their lives has pretty much fallen apart) It was deliberate psychological torture on Snow's part and Snow is very, very good at psychological torture. If you can forgive Peeta for being manipulated and tortured into saying and doing horrible things, why can't you forgive Katniss just because the methods used on her were less direct?

Devoted Cleric

cocolacool22
She played Peeta through out the entire series! The way she always ran back to Gale irritated me. She acted like she could never do things on her own. What happened in book MockingJay
really Irritated me.. Especially the Cafeteria incident... I really didnt mean to offened any one...
Kasri Noireau
cocolacool22

Oh, dude, you didn't say anything offensive. I tend to be very forceful in my disagreement, but you certainly didn't say anything wrong. You just read it differently to me ^_^; Sorry if my response seemed too angry. (I really, really love arguing about books)

I don't think she played Peeta, at least not from Catching Fire onward. The romance in the first Hunger Games was played up, particularly on her part because it was keeping the both of them alive, and her double suicide stunt did have a lot to do with being unable to kill her boy with the bread. So for me there was genuine affection there that was then made all confusing as hell by the fact that Peeta was intimately associated with one of the most horrible experiences of her life. But she goes into the Quarter Quell with the sole purpose of keeping him alive, she only agrees to be the Mockingjay if Peeta will be safe, she is utterly shattered when he comes back broken... that points to a lot of genuine emotion there, at least to me.

The Gale thing... I think I might be imposing a bit too much of how my mind works onto Katniss, which is bad, but I can completely understand her just wanting someone that she felt she could trust and that was a part of her "normal" life to lean on after the hell she'd been through. Gale was the person who up until Peeta was the closest to her by a mile and that kind of attachment doesn't just go away. I dunno, I just feel like Katniss shouldn't be expected to suddenly have her world become Peeta- or Gale-centric, especially when she was so broken. Agh, I can justify this in my head, but don't know how to write it out. *frustrated* I guess I just felt like I understood where Katniss was coming from, so even when she did something I thought was questionable, I could at least see why she was doing it and that makes me a lot more fond of her.
Yeah poor ******** gale :/
dia-chan
Yes. She's an awful person for pandering to the idea that she and Peeta were star-crossed lovers. She's horrible that she wanted to survive and return to her struggling family and doing so meant she'd have to tug on all the right heartstrings to get her there.

It was never her idea to play up such an act but it was what helped the two of them survive the games. It is also abundantly clear that it wasn't ALL for the cameras. Katniss went through so much to keep Peeta alive, even if the cost was her life.

I'm not saying she didn't frustrate me, because she did. She has never been one motivated by kindness and that alone made me struggle with her. But she loves so fiercely, and in the end, and even throughout, you can see that with Peeta.

I truly agree with your point.
But hey, Katniss isn't perfect. I mean there are times when I just wanted her to stop but then, you have to really think- a slight slip-up could very easily cost a life. She was under a lot of pressure, stress and trauma. Even though she was a victor, she is still a teenage girl, she probably was confused about her feelings and wasn't quite sure how to deal with it exactly.

Sexy Prophet

10,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
I only knew where she was coming from some of the time. Other times it was one of those 'Stare into Space' Moments. I really really enjoyed the ENTIRE trilogy though. It was one of those things that really made me think about whats going on in the world around me...
Kasri Noireau
cocolacool22
Kasri Noireau
cocolacool22

Oh, dude, you didn't say anything offensive. I tend to be very forceful in my disagreement, but you certainly didn't say anything wrong. You just read it differently to me ^_^; Sorry if my response seemed too angry. (I really, really love arguing about books)

I don't think she played Peeta, at least not from Catching Fire onward. The romance in the first Hunger Games was played up, particularly on her part because it was keeping the both of them alive, and her double suicide stunt did have a lot to do with being unable to kill her boy with the bread. So for me there was genuine affection there that was then made all confusing as hell by the fact that Peeta was intimately associated with one of the most horrible experiences of her life. But she goes into the Quarter Quell with the sole purpose of keeping him alive, she only agrees to be the Mockingjay if Peeta will be safe, she is utterly shattered when he comes back broken... that points to a lot of genuine emotion there, at least to me.

The Gale thing... I think I might be imposing a bit too much of how my mind works onto Katniss, which is bad, but I can completely understand her just wanting someone that she felt she could trust and that was a part of her "normal" life to lean on after the hell she'd been through. Gale was the person who up until Peeta was the closest to her by a mile and that kind of attachment doesn't just go away. I dunno, I just feel like Katniss shouldn't be expected to suddenly have her world become Peeta- or Gale-centric, especially when she was so broken. Agh, I can justify this in my head, but don't know how to write it out. *frustrated* I guess I just felt like I understood where Katniss was coming from, so even when she did something I thought was questionable, I could at least see why she was doing it and that makes me a lot more fond of her.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff