Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,250 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
Infinity Outlaw
werewolvez
2 me it is and its just an opinion...im not one of those screaming people that u see and im not on team gale or peeta....i just love books and love when people read them...i feel like im in a different world when i read, in a world where nothing matters, in a world where its a happily ever after...ive always inspired people 2 read and if u dont read the hunger games fine...oh and also u dont know me, u cant just make accusations about other people it hurts there feelings.......dont even bother replying
The world is not beautiful

Just a tip then. You say you're not one of those screaming people, but you do the internet equivalent. Typically all caps and multiple exclamations is the internet equivalent of screaming at the top of your lungs. If you don't want to be lumped in with that crowd you might want to rethink their use. I might not know you, but I'm free to make assumptions from the way you type/behave, as most people online will, and that's how you're coming off even if you don't mean to.

Therefore it is.

i put caps and exclamations in my sentences because i want too not because im screaming at the top of my lungs........!!!!!!!!!!!!.........QWRFCDFRGGH.....to prove my point. U r really annoying(accusation) well good day 2 u.................................................................... emotion_dealwithit emotion_dealwithit emotion_dealwithit emotion_zzz emotion_zzz emotion_zzz emotion_eyebrow emotion_eyebrow emotion_eyebrow emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_omnomnom emotion_omnomnom emotion_omnomnom

Magical Senshi

9,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
werewolvez
Infinity Outlaw
werewolvez
2 me it is and its just an opinion...im not one of those screaming people that u see and im not on team gale or peeta....i just love books and love when people read them...i feel like im in a different world when i read, in a world where nothing matters, in a world where its a happily ever after...ive always inspired people 2 read and if u dont read the hunger games fine...oh and also u dont know me, u cant just make accusations about other people it hurts there feelings.......dont even bother replying

Just a tip then. You say you're not one of those screaming people, but you do the internet equivalent. Typically all caps and multiple exclamations is the internet equivalent of screaming at the top of your lungs. If you don't want to be lumped in with that crowd you might want to rethink their use. I might not know you, but I'm free to make assumptions from the way you type/behave, as most people online will, and that's how you're coming off even if you don't mean to.

Therefore it is.

i put caps and exclamations in my sentences because i want too not because im screaming at the top of my lungs........!!!!!!!!!!!!.........QWRFCDFRGGH.....to prove my point. U r really annoying(accusation) well good day 2 u.................................................................... emotion_dealwithit emotion_dealwithit emotion_dealwithit emotion_zzz emotion_zzz emotion_zzz emotion_eyebrow emotion_eyebrow emotion_eyebrow emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_omnomnom emotion_omnomnom emotion_omnomnom
Way to both be a brat and prove his point. How old are you, twelve? Seriously, he's not the annoying one in this situation.

5,250 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
Karutan Koremanu
werewolvez
Infinity Outlaw
werewolvez

Therefore it is.

Way to both be a brat and prove his point. How old are you, twelve? Seriously, he's not the annoying one in this situation.

actually i am twelve and im not a brat. I just wanted 2 prove my point oh also im not annoying either. that was very mean and as my band teacher says thank you for ur honesty, sorry for calling him annoying. i have to go cause i have to go to my mom's house at least she doesnt call me a brat

5,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
i say try them out if you really want

i mean, i wasn't a fan. the books are decent, but definitely nothing special or ground breaking. the characters seemed meh and it was pretty boring most of the time. then again i never finished the series

it wasn't all that violent if that's what you're worried about
I loved The Hunger Games. Seriously. I read the first one on my Kindle just because it was .99 and I had heard awesome things about it, and after finishing, proceeded to download the other two and consume the entire trilogy in a weekend.

It definitely doesn't have the violence of Battle Royale, but it's enough to keep you entertained through the end. The main character is meh, in my opinion, but it does have a delightful cast of secondary characters who, unlike many other novels, actually become fleshed out and make you attached to them. I think that was one of the major things I liked about it.

Besides, it might be worth reading just as a comparative read. Like, what are the underlying motives for having children fight to the death? Are these motives effective? What are some common traits shared between Shuya and Katniss? How are they different? How do they compare to other dystopian protagonists you may know who are not in the same life-or-death situation, and how might this affect how they react? When I pick up a book that I know is very similar to one that I've read before, I frequently like to think about how it compares to my previous read.
Read the books
there are easy to read but there so good,I was soo into them I read the first 2 in 5 days all together! there are charaters you will get attached to and love!

read them trust me! heart heart
It's alright and it definitely gets you hooked. Not my favorite though. The main character isn't such a catch, but it's not her that gets you hooked, it's the secondary characters that you get more attached to. The third book isn't as great...
I would recommend it giving it an 8/10 rating.
Karutan Koremanu
As a reader and lover of both Battle Royale and The Hunger Games, I had to take a few minutes to figure out how to phrase this.

If your problem rested with young people dying and being forced to kill each other, then don't read Hunger Games. However, Hunger Games is far less violent than BR, at least in my opinion. Hunger Games is more about survival and the hope and prices people will be willing to pay to survive, all with rebellion bubbling underneath. I daresay it has a deeper story than BR as well.

Worse comes to worse, just read the first few chapters and see what you think.

I've heard so much raving about "The Hunger Games" I read the sample chapter. Honestly, I don't know how this book became a bestseller, the quality of writing is, at best, mediocre. I can only assume the story is what "hooks" people.

However, I am not in the least bit interested in reading about a society that forces children to participate in gladiatorial events to entertain the masses. I support the right of any author to explore any subject matter in his/her work, but this just isn't something I'd like to read.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff