Welcome to Gaia! ::

Premium Gaian

I have to say I really liked the movie, I had no problem with any of the creative adjustments, like leaving out the mayor and his daughter (even though it is important, but I can see what they can do with the future to not have to worry about it). Only thing that I was surprised by, is they left out the Avox Girl (yet they put the actress's name in the credits...), and the peopel that played Flavius and Octavia only got a small scene, when they are actaully, semi-important characters. And a tad bit that they made the movie seem a little bit romantic, when that's not what it's about. Along with showing that Peeta found out Katniss was faking the entire love thing for survival purposes. Because that really seels the deal in the first one.

Anyone else think that Jennifer Lawrence did a better job with Katniss more towards the middle? Or is it just me?

Cute's Compadre

Philanthropic Tycoon

I was pretty impressed with how they did their best to keep the movie as close to the book as possible.

My only real complaints are regarding the Avoxs, like you said, and not explaining what a Mockingjay is better...because that's important to why she's becoming one. Hopefully they'll address the latter in the next film.

Fashionable Prophet

8,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Signature Look 250
I also agree with leaving out the Avox's backstory but seeing as how there is a movie time limit, some things were bound to be left out. I didn't feel at the end that Peeta really knew that Katniss had been faking all along. In the book he made a much bigger deal out of it if I remember correctly.

The special effects were really good. The costumes and colors of the Capitol were really well done and I thought the actors did a really good job. I wish they had made the arena scenes longer but like I said, with such a time limit there's only so much they can do lol

Overall I really enjoyed the movie and am looking forward to the next one~
I forgot about the avoxes e.e but I liked the movie nonetheless. I just wish they did more with the arena like you all said. It seemed like everything was so rushed and my friends and I would have sat for 5 hours to see the whole thing. But I really loved the movie :3

Moonlight Duelist

Not enough character development. But I did enjoy seeing the stuff that wasn't in the book, like Haymitch working behind the scenes. Also there was no sense of hunger in the movie, they never showed how straving they really were or in the games she was never thristy or dying for food.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff