Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Survivor

5,750 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150
User Image

gaia_angelleft emotion_bigheart emotion_kirakira emotion_awesome They have friggin awesome HG stuff emotion_kirakira emotion_awesome emotion_bigheart gaia_angelright
Pillow Cases, Backpacks,
Blankets, Pencils, Pens, Jackets
Messenger Bags, Draw String Bags,
ReUsable Grocery Bags, Lanyards,
Shirts (Poster Shirts, Girl on Fire Shirts, Character Poster Shirts),
Watches, Belt Buckles,
Bracelets, Keychains, Glass Cups,
Journals, Notebooks,
Card Games, Bookmarks,
Bookends, Necklaces,
Wristbands, Shoe Laces, Socks,
Pencil Cases, Lunch Kits, Hats,
Stationary, Mugs, Head Phones/Ear Buds,
Book Lights, Earrings,
Puzzles, Mirrors/Picture Frames,
Beach Towels, Umbrellas,
Pajamas, An Archery Bow,
Tons of Prop Replica Jackets & Shirts,
& even Light Bulbs...
Some of the stuff is pretty awesome emotion_awesome You gotta admit, that much but come on people!
emotion_bigvein I think they kinda went overboard on all the merchandise don't you??? emotion_bigvein
It looks like Lionsgate/NECA/Hollywood is trying to make MAJOR money off of this film

User Image

Versatile Lunatic

13,625 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I'm really looking forward to the films, after reading the books, but yeah, I hope they don't just milk it for all it's worth prematurely. Especially if it ends up not doing well, or something bad. I hope it does well, but you never know... emotion_8c

Ruthless Survivor

5,750 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150
Yeah. If the movie turns out to be a flop (which is highly unlikely) and they have all of that merchandise then they will have made a LARGE Bad investment.

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
Oh man, they made Rue black, huh? Figures.
Exoth XIII

But she is black... >>
The only thing I can say in their defense is that there is a large fan base to look at. Lots of younger kids to adults. For me? I like the idea of some shirts, jewelry, blankets and wrist bands. After that, I'm good.

But if you were in middle school, wouldn't you love to have a Hunger Games pencil case? I would.

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
sexy_stag
Exoth XIII

But she is black... >>

Was she? I don't recall. I do remember her being one of the first supporting characters to die, though.
Exoth XIII
sexy_stag
Exoth XIII

But she is black... >>

Was she? I don't recall. I do remember her being one of the first supporting characters to die, though.

Yup! :3 (I had to re-read the part when I first found out)

”And most hauntingly, a twelve-year-old girl from District 11. She has dark brown skin and eyes, but other than that, she’s very like Prim in size and demeanor.“―Katniss Everdeen, while watching Rue’s reaping

While it doesn't say out right that she is African-American, it is assumed. But then again, look at Katniss and Peeta. She has olive skin, black hair and grey eyes, while he has blond hair, lighter skin and blue eyes. Lots of races in the districts. biggrin

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
sexy_stag
Exoth XIII
sexy_stag
Exoth XIII

But she is black... >>

”And most hauntingly, a twelve-year-old girl from District 11. She has dark brown skin and eyes, but other than that, she’s very like Prim in size and demeanor.“―Katniss Everdeen, while watching Rue’s reaping

While it doesn't say out right that she is African-American, it is assumed. But then again, look at Katniss and Peeta. She has olive skin, black hair and grey eyes, while he has blond hair, lighter skin and blue eyes. Lots of races in the districts. biggrin

And it's still the black one that dies first.
Exoth XIII
sexy_stag
Exoth XIII
sexy_stag
Exoth XIII

But she is black... >>

Well, this is always true. Ever see The Gremlins? Every time... What a shame

Skyburn's Wife

Exoth XIII
sexy_stag
Exoth XIII
sexy_stag
Exoth XIII

But she is black... >>

Um... no. About 14 other tributes die before Rue. Granted, about 10 of those were in the initial bloodbath moments into the games, but there were 4 deaths described before Rues. So Rue was about number 15 to die out of 24. The other black person died later. That to me doesn't sound like the black person dies first. smile

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
Jammin Mac
Exoth XIII
sexy_stag
Exoth XIII
sexy_stag
Exoth XIII

But she is black... >>

Um... no. About 14 other tributes die before Rue.

They don't count, as they were not supporting characters. They had no character development, no impact on the plot, or the main characters, they were literally just there to die.
Of the supporting cast, it's always the black one that dies first.

Skyburn's Wife

Exoth XIII
Jammin Mac
Exoth XIII
sexy_stag
Exoth XIII

They don't count, as they were not supporting characters. They had no character development, no impact on the plot, or the main characters, they were literally just there to die.

And the other black character, Thresh, was the second to last to die.

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
Jammin Mac
Exoth XIII
Jammin Mac
Exoth XIII
sexy_stag
Exoth XIII

And that makes Rue less dead, does it?

Skyburn's Wife

Exoth XIII
Jammin Mac
Exoth XIII
Jammin Mac
Exoth XIII

And that makes Rue less dead, does it?

No, but if they died because of the color of their skin, both of them would have died relatively close to each other. Truth be told, I didn't even pick up on the fact that Rue was black until the end of the first book/beginning of the second. The color of her skin wasn't made a big deal. If Rue was white this would be a nonissue but because Rue was black it's an issue.

I sincerely doubt Suzanne Collins was like "I'm going to kill off the black chick first"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff