Welcome to Gaia! ::

I just finished the Hunger Games and I want to read Catching Fire, which I have. But there's a catch. My mom told me I can't read it cause she just finished the 1st book about a week ago and she wants to read it first. I made a promise to my mom that I wouldn't read it before she does, my mom hasn't even started Catching Fire yet so God knows how long it will take her to finish it! gonk , but I'm so tempted to just take the dam book and start reading it! Do you think that I should read it or not???
Just read it, and don't get caught? It's just a book, really, it shouldn't matter who goes first

Interesting Seeker

yeah i agree with him. i doesnt matter who reads it , just hide it from her^^ i am looking foward to read thoses .
If your mom's saying "No, you are forbidden from touching this book until I've finished it," then that's kind of ridiculous. stare

Maybe just ask "Hey, I finished the first book, so maybe I could check out the next one whenever you're not reading it?" I don't see any reason you guys can't take turns. 3nodding

Plus, that would be reading it at the same time as her, rather than before her. As long as you don't hog it, and let her read it when she wants to. And the two of you would have more fun that way!

Shadowy Rogue

7,550 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I'd read it. I do not have patience enough to wait when I want to read a book.

Shameless Nerd

It depends on the reasoning I think, if she wants to make sure the content is appropriate for you, then going behind her back could backfire, but otherwise I'd just tell her what you've told us, you want to read it now so can she let you read it first if she's waiting.
BrightLightFallenAngel
I just finished the Hunger Games and I want to read Catching Fire, which I have. But there's a catch. My mom told me I can't read it cause she just finished the 1st book about a week ago and she wants to read it first. I made a promise to my mom that I wouldn't read it before she does, my mom hasn't even started Catching Fire yet so God knows how long it will take her to finish it! gonk , but I'm so tempted to just take the dam book and start reading it! Do you think that I should read it or not???

read it, and dont say anything
exclaim
I have read all of them! but I finished them a longgggg time ago. xp

Nimble Wolf

28,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Invisibility 100
Break your vows and go to the library? A library? A friend's house even...Walmart had one for $12. Save up your lunch money and brown-bag it at school.

It's rated young adult I think, and the very name implies someone gets injured. You've managed to read the first without trouble; Number 2 has games 2.0 and introduction to war 101, while Number 3 is perpetually dismal scenery and war.

Read the newspaper lately or watched the news? Look for War on Terror and you get a 15 minute clip of what seems to summarize the entirety of the book series in my own opinion, right down to the war propaganda.

Just stick to your decision as soon as you make it, because if you pick up that book, you may not be able to put it back down again.
just take the damn book and if you are to scared to you can read the first two chapters on scholastic(.)com

3,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Clambake 200
just go ahead and read it?

Popular Capitalist

10,325 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Autobiographer 200
BrightLightFallenAngel

just ask.
I think the squabble over a book is a bit ridiculous. Why dont you check out a copy from a library or buy a cheap ebook version and read it together? That way you dont have to wait, and it could bring you both closer and give you something to discuss.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff