Gale 0.096153846153846 9.6% [ 5 ]
TEAM GOLD <3 0.34615384615385 34.6% [ 18 ]
Total Votes:[ 52 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

FrogInDebt's Waifu

Garbage

Little Dead Soldier
Little Miss Skinny Jeans

The games take place because of the uprising. The capitol wants to make sure that it won't happen again, so they host the games. They want to show they're in control. They want to show how much pain THEY suffered, so they kill their loved ones.

That sounds so effed up.
I will defiantly check this book out :]

Check out the other two books, too smile by Suzanne Collins
*Hunger Games
*Catching Fire
*Mockingjay emotion_c8
Little Miss Skinny Jeans
Ooh DarlinDear
i heard this series is pretty goood O.o
everyone is talking about them ..
lo0l

You haven't read them? If not, read them!! I strongly recommend!!! emotion_c8

awwhh thanks i will .
OMG I LOVE THE HUNGER GAMES... I HAVE READ ALL THE BOOKSS crying there's only 3 crying

FrogInDebt's Waifu

Garbage

FancerPrance
OMG I LOVE THE HUNGER GAMES... I HAVE READ ALL THE BOOKSS crying there's only 3 crying

emotion_c8 YES! WE START AN UPRISING NOW!! ;D
Little Miss Skinny Jeans
FancerPrance

lol

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

8,200 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Gaahhh whats with all the excitement only happening now after I'm already two years done with those books?
I really enjoyed the whole series, although I personally liked Mockingjay the most. To fight for freedom comes with a huge cost, and I think suzanne collins did a good job portraying the resistance and those who are fighting for their liberty.
I'm probably not going to see the movie, unless it gets crazy-good reviews and is actually worth seeing.
Usually movies based on books just feel so incomplete.

Beloved Lunatic

5,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
12peppermint
Gaahhh whats with all the excitement only happening now after I'm already two years done with those books?
I really enjoyed the whole series, although I personally liked Mockingjay the most. To fight for freedom comes with a huge cost, and I think suzanne collins did a good job portraying the resistance and those who are fighting for their liberty.
I'm probably not going to see the movie, unless it gets crazy-good reviews and is actually worth seeing.

I have this same worry too, though I only just finished the books. I know I will now be pointing at things going, "Well, that's different" but hopefully, as long as the movie manages to capture the essence and spirit of the book, as well as it's tone, it will be good. I'm very excited for the actor they chose for Peeta, as he is my favorite character next to Cinna throughout the books. I feel Josh will do an excellent job as his own natural personality fits the character well and he'll be able to pull it off.

FrogInDebt's Waifu

Garbage

Mockingjay1414
Little Miss Skinny Jeans
FancerPrance

lol

emotion_c8

FrogInDebt's Waifu

Garbage

12peppermint

Thank you for your opinion C: I wasn't considering the movie, either! But I saw the ratings and it convinced me biggrin

Anaiss's Significant Otter

I love the Hunger Games books, but after seeing the movie Battle Royale, I get the feeling she took a lot of stuff from that movie/book.

She has different characters and reasons for the games, but it is way to similar to this other film.

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

8,200 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Kae_Kit
12peppermint

I have this same worry too, though I only just finished the books. I know I will now be pointing at things going, "Well, that's different" but hopefully, as long as the movie manages to capture the essence and spirit of the book, as well as it's tone, it will be good. I'm very excited for the actor they chose for Peeta, as he is my favorite character next to Cinna throughout the books. I feel Josh will do an excellent job as his own natural personality fits the character well and he'll be able to pull it off.

Yes for that reason my friends never want to go to the theaters with me if they know the movie is based off a book. XD I'm sitting there explaining the plotline and the differences and what-they-didn't-include and whatnot throughout the whole film sweatdrop
I did watch the trailer and truthfully was not impressed...but that's partial to the way I imagined things a bit...over-the-top. Like the electric fence for example. In my head it wasn't like, literately, a fence, but a huge link static spiky massive rundown fence that is both forbidden and sloppy... 3nodding
I don't know about the actors themselves, but that's good to know about Peeta, thank you smile My favorite character is Haymitch, hopefully he'll be getting a good portrayal as well.

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

8,200 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Little Miss Skinny Jeans
12peppermint

Thank you for your opinion C: I wasn't considering the movie, either! But I saw the ratings and it convinced me biggrin

Hmm I'll see when it comes out, I'll probably go back onto the forums and lurk around discussions, XD

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

8,200 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Eddie Van Halen
I love the Hunger Games books, but after seeing the movie Battle Royale, I get the feeling she took a lot of stuff from that movie/book.

She has different characters and reasons for the games, but it is way to similar to this other film.

I heard about that, I even wiki-ed Battle Royal. XD
Although I have yet to read it to see the similarities for myself.
A lot of times authors are highly influenced by other works, take for example this huge vampire epidemic going on...
It's like taking an idea and presenting it in a way that'll appeal to young adults/ teenagers
Wait. That's exactly what it is. XD Still really like the Hunger Games, and I bet a research into literature history will prove to find even more books with the whole "game survival" concept, probably... maybe...
NOTHING IS ORIGINAL. XD Still awesome.

Anaiss's Significant Otter

12peppermint
Eddie Van Halen

I heard about that, I even wiki-ed Battle Royal. XD
Although I have yet to read it to see the similarities for myself.
A lot of times authors are highly influenced by other works, take for example this huge vampire epidemic going on...
It's like taking an idea and presenting it in a way that'll appeal to young adults/ teenagers
Wait. That's exactly what it is. XD Still really like the Hunger Games, and I bet a research into literature history will prove to find even more books with the whole "game survival" concept, probably... maybe...
NOTHING IS ORIGINAL. XD Still awesome.

It was just a couple things that were way to similar that threw me off. Like example of the time zone areas in one of the books. I thought it was very original until I saw it in the other movie, kind of thing.
I love love love Hunger Games! I've dreessed as Katniss for three halloweens now. its so awesome. LOVEE ITTTT!!!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff