harry potter 0.45430809399478 45.4% [ 522 ]
the hunger games 0.4917319408181 49.2% [ 565 ]
twilight 0.053959965187119 5.4% [ 62 ]
Total Votes:[ 1149 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 ... 31 32 33 >

Javier Cross
Kurokashi-san
Javier Cross
I fear the debating abilities for the thread are gonna start lacking, all over again. crying

Debating? My friend as I have mentioned to you in the past this thread is nothing more then a popularity contest. It is sad because some YA Novels deserve to be given proper credence to such as Harry Potter. I have not read the Hunger Games, but the basic premise well having historical and literary significance is unique in the fact it places teens in a role historically reserved for adult males.

Exactly why didn't the creator of the thread bother to keep in mind that we deserve a thread made for actual debating, I really don't know.
All I know is that Mockingjay has depression levels to rival the Aeneid, itself. emo

I agree, the author really captured the essence of war with this novel, while still attempting to stick the the "happy ending" that readers come to expect from series like these. No matter what happens there will be resounding psychological effects on participants in any war, and while the final book was depressing, things still worked out, it just wasn't a fairytale "happily ever after" like most people expect. Great story, Great imagery. Harry Potter was an excellent read as well, but you don't get the FEELING out of it like you do with the Hunger Games Trilogy.
red rogue 50
Javier Cross
Kurokashi-san
Javier Cross
I fear the debating abilities for the thread are gonna start lacking, all over again. crying

Debating? My friend as I have mentioned to you in the past this thread is nothing more then a popularity contest. It is sad because some YA Novels deserve to be given proper credence to such as Harry Potter. I have not read the Hunger Games, but the basic premise well having historical and literary significance is unique in the fact it places teens in a role historically reserved for adult males.

Exactly why didn't the creator of the thread bother to keep in mind that we deserve a thread made for actual debating, I really don't know.
All I know is that Mockingjay has depression levels to rival the Aeneid, itself. emo

I agree, the author really captured the essence of war with this novel, while still attempting to stick the the "happy ending" that readers come to expect from series like these. No matter what happens there will be resounding psychological effects on participants in any war, and while the final book was depressing, things still worked out, it just wasn't a fairytale "happily ever after" like most people expect. Great story, Great imagery. Harry Potter was an excellent read as well, but you don't get the FEELING out of it like you do with the Hunger Games Trilogy.

@Red Rogue 50

Why do I suspect that the books forum for gaia online is starting to get massively worse, no matter how hard we would try? emo
We needed a thread to have proper debates with, not threads that are simply popularity contests!

Invisible Phantom

i like the harry potter series alot...and the hunger games just as much=ALOT....and...i havnt read twilight yet...but how good of a book is it? biggrin
HUNGE GAMES IS DE BOMB!!!!!!!!!!
harry potter is good but it gets too long and it gets more and more crazy as it gets to the end
twilight...oh my god, no offense to people but i hate it !!!
hunger games is amazing, and though i dont like the way katniss manipulated peeta during book 1 i still loved it
red rogue 50
Javier Cross
Kurokashi-san
Javier Cross

Are you serious?
I doubt you read Harry Potter then, you probably just watched the movies. If you're saying Harry Potter didn't have that "feeling" like The Hunger Games did, that's so not true.
What makes you think that anyway?
This is a very sensitive and controversial topic...So hard to choose.

4,100 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Member 100
it would have to be harry potter. did you see the movies they were amazing from start to finish. the last to had me standing on my toes in suspense. i haven't seen the hunger games movie yet but the harry potter books compared to the hunger games were way better.

Star-Crossed Cat

12,725 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Person of Interest 200
I would vote for Harry potter
though Hunger games isn't so bad blaugh

Original Lunatic

I'm pretty sure Harry Potter will always be my favorite. I can't imagine anything topping it. Anything better and my brain would just explode. Seriously.

I do really love The Hunger Games, but... Harry Potter, damnit. Harry freaking Potter. I'm STILL trying to get over the fact that it's finished, and the last movie came out almost a year ago!

I read Twilight for the sole reason that I could argue with Twitards about it's ridiculousness. I did NOT enjoy it, and I could have spent my time so much better. Do I regret reading it? No, because now I understand even better how stupid Twilight fans are.

Invisible Phantom

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
screw all three its all about the lord of the rings! cat_xd

Loiterer

Definitely Harry Potter.....or is it Twilight?
I love both movies because there more books than Hunger Games. Plus, I don't understand the Hunger Games much. And I definitely agree with people who chose Lord of the Rings.
emotion_yatta

Timid Fatcat

9,075 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Market Browser 100
Twilight would have to be the worst out of all three. I like both The Hunger Games and Harry Potter but preferably Harry Potter ove The Hunger Games.........at the moment. It all really depends on the next two movies for The Hunger Games. Since only one has been released it's hard to tell which is better whee but everyone should wait because I bet - even though The Hunger Games is short, it might be better 3nodding

Timid Fatcat

9,075 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Market Browser 100
It's sad how I haven't read any of the Harry Potter book cry I need to do that. Anbody who hasn't read the books and have seen all the movies and heart it, YOU GOTTA READ THE BOOKS! sweatdrop well I haven't read them my self but everyone keeps telling me that there better than the movies and that there are a lot of differences. Does anyone agree?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff