Welcome to Gaia! ::

hp, thg, or twilight?

harry potter 0.45430809399478 45.4% [ 522 ]
the hunger games 0.4917319408181 49.2% [ 565 ]
twilight 0.053959965187119 5.4% [ 62 ]
Total Votes:[ 1149 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 31 32 33 > >>

Wired L O V E
The Hunger Games of course. The first one was brilliant,the second one was ok, and "Mockingjay" is so touching and it even made me cry. "Twilight" has bad actors for the movie and a bad writer for the book. I never read Harry Potter because my friends told me so many things about it that I never wanted to lay a finger on that book (for example, saying the book I was reading wasn't as good as "Harry Potter" ).

well, you should read harry potter js.
adults have read it more than children.

you know why most people say harry potter sucks or it's bad? because they're judging it by the first 3 books and/or movies. the harry potter series gets better and better.
that's why the harry potter series is the fastest selling book series ever and the series sold more copies than any other series. each book sold a lot.

the hunger games books got more disappointing while the harry potter books got better and better, and that's why most people prefer harry potter over the hunger games.
Harry Potter is on a completely different level than stupid Twilight-twilight is a JOKE scream and so are the movies. The Host by Stephanie Meyer is better than the entire twilight series combined, yet it got no press. Wtf?!

5,800 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
-bedsexual
barbershoppole
-bedsexual
barbershoppole
-bedsexual
barbershoppole
Hunger Games! Harry Potter is for kids and Twilight is an overrated piece of crap that's only good to be burned in a fireplace.
how the hell is Harry Potter for kids? yeah, maybe the first and second book. but i doubt you read the next books because harry potter starts to get more scarier and innapropraite for children, that's why after the prisoner of azkaban movie, the next hp movies were not PG. and millions of adults have read harry potter.

Your doubt is wrong because I've read all the books.

so, you must be lying or you haven't been paying attention to the books? because the last 4 books definitely were not for kids.

So you must have a sensitive mind if you think they aren't for kids because I've read all the books by the time I was in sixth grade.

uh no? lmao, are you serious?
the books are way too violent, voldemort mentions muggle sex, there's cursing besides ron saying bloody hell, harry potter is considered a bad role model sometimes, quidditch is known as the sport of sinfulness, hp lures kids to witchcraft, the books are really long and really confusing for kids, harry is an adult when the series comes closer and closer to the ends, and he's dealing with issues that to older readers can relate to more than younger reader, harry potter is too scary for children, harry potter grows dark and sad, etc.
rowling's got a beautiful way with words that children can't even follow all the time, they miss a lot of concepts.

The books aren't really that long to begin with. The text is big and the lines are triple spaced at the least.
-bedsexual
Wired L O V E
The Hunger Games of course. The first one was brilliant,the second one was ok, and "Mockingjay" is so touching and it even made me cry. "Twilight" has bad actors for the movie and a bad writer for the book. I never read Harry Potter because my friends told me so many things about it that I never wanted to lay a finger on that book (for example, saying the book I was reading wasn't as good as "Harry Potter" ).

you know why most people say harry potter sucks or it's bad? because they're judging it by the first 3 books and/or movies. the harry potter series gets better and better.
that's why the harry potter series is the fastest selling book series ever and the series sold more copies than any other series. each book sold a lot.

the hunger games books got more disappointing while the harry potter books got better and better, and that's why most people prefer harry potter over the hunger games.

Well, I didn't say it was only for children. I just don't like it. The story doesn't interest me. Plus I won't read it just because a lot of other people bought it. I don't really care what others think about The Hunger Games, cause I like it. So why should it matter to me what others think of my favorite book? Also, what proof do you have that more people like Harry Potter?
barbershoppole
-bedsexual
barbershoppole
-bedsexual
barbershoppole

Your doubt is wrong because I've read all the books.

so, you must be lying or you haven't been paying attention to the books? because the last 4 books definitely were not for kids.

So you must have a sensitive mind if you think they aren't for kids because I've read all the books by the time I was in sixth grade.

uh no? lmao, are you serious?
the books are way too violent, voldemort mentions muggle sex, there's cursing besides ron saying bloody hell, harry potter is considered a bad role model sometimes, quidditch is known as the sport of sinfulness, hp lures kids to witchcraft, the books are really long and really confusing for kids, harry is an adult when the series comes closer and closer to the ends, and he's dealing with issues that to older readers can relate to more than younger reader, harry potter is too scary for children, harry potter grows dark and sad, etc.
rowling's got a beautiful way with words that children can't even follow all the time, they miss a lot of concepts.

The books aren't really that long to begin with. The text is big and the lines are triple spaced at the least.

Okay but what about my other reasons?
Wired L O V E
-bedsexual
Wired L O V E

Well, I didn't say it was only for children. I just don't like it. The story doesn't interest me. Plus I won't read it just because a lot of other people bought it. I don't really care what others think about The Hunger Games, cause I like it. So why should it matter to me what others think of my favorite book? Also, what proof do you have that more people like Harry Potter?
It just shows that Harry Potter's really special and amazing and that's why it's so popular.

it's obvious more people like Harry Potter atm, Harry Potter's a part of peoples' childhoods, Harry Potter has almost all genres, Harry Potter is popular worldwide, not just America, people like to talk about it all the time like talking about how cool it would be to get a letter from Hogwarts, etc.

also, i was just like you. when i saw the first two movies, i thought it was an orphan boy who goes to school to learn magic and s**t and then later he fights some bad evil wizard guy... but then i just wanted to read the books one day and they were so good and i watched the movies.
anyway, Harry Potter is not just about Harry, but everything that happens to the people he loves and the world he lives in. it has a sort of innocence and pure love about it. while HP may have dark parts as every story does, the messages and the characters you grow to adore seem so real that you just want to cry every time you stop reading one of the books. and your heart is injured when you see that Harry Potter is not reality. that is a feeling not every book can portray. in fact, I haven’t even read one book yet that has given me such a feeling, and i’ve read a lot of books.
Harry Potter is a classic, and even though we no longer are able to wait for a new book to come out or a movie to premiere, we still have that feeling in our hearts that will keep us reading the books for the rest of our lives.
40 years from now Harry Potter will sit on the shelves of stores, as new and as proud as ever. also, the morals of Harry Potter seem perfectly natural once you’ve read through the books, you don’t even realize you’ve just been taught a “lesson”. and that is because the lesson is that good always overcomes evil, those who take the right way instead of the easy way will be rewarded and that love and friendship are the most powerful tools we have.

in what other series except for Harry Potter does a small detail such as the main character’s eye color play such an important role in the books? sure… The Hunger Games is a heart retching story… but is THG really at the level that HP reached? Harry Potter has incredible detail and lovable characters that you can grow up with along the way. Harry Potter is full of love, magic, and morals.

but yeah, im not saying you HAVE to read harry potter.
-bedsexual
Wired L O V E
-bedsexual
Wired L O V E

It just shows that Harry Potter's really special and amazing and that's why it's so popular.

it's obvious more people like Harry Potter atm, Harry Potter's a part of peoples' childhoods, Harry Potter has almost all genres, Harry Potter is popular worldwide, not just America, people like to talk about it all the time like talking about how cool it would be to get a letter from Hogwarts, etc.

also, i was just like you. when i saw the first two movies, i thought it was an orphan boy who goes to school to learn magic and s**t and then later he fights some bad evil wizard guy... but then i just wanted to read the books one day and they were so good and i watched the movies.
anyway, Harry Potter is not just about Harry, but everything that happens to the people he loves and the world he lives in. it has a sort of innocence and pure love about it. while HP may have dark parts as every story does, the messages and the characters you grow to adore seem so real that you just want to cry every time you stop reading one of the books. and your heart is injured when you see that Harry Potter is not reality. that is a feeling not every book can portray. in fact, I haven’t even read one book yet that has given me such a feeling, and i’ve read a lot of books.
Harry Potter is a classic, and even though we no longer are able to wait for a new book to come out or a movie to premiere, we still have that feeling in our hearts that will keep us reading the books for the rest of our lives.
40 years from now Harry Potter will sit on the shelves of stores, as new and as proud as ever. also, the morals of Harry Potter seem perfectly natural once you’ve read through the books, you don’t even realize you’ve just been taught a “lesson”. and that is because the lesson is that good always overcomes evil, those who take the right way instead of the easy way will be rewarded and that love and friendship are the most powerful tools we have.

in what other series except for Harry Potter does a small detail such as the main character’s eye color play such an important role in the books? sure… The Hunger Games is a heart retching story… but is THG really at the level that HP reached? Harry Potter has incredible detail and lovable characters that you can grow up with along the way. Harry Potter is full of love, magic, and morals.

Well, trust I've been informed on EVERYTHING Harry Potter. I know die hard potter heads. Its just... I don't know. I don't see the spark I had when I read the preview from when I read the back of the Hunger Games.
Wired L O V E
-bedsexual
Wired L O V E
-bedsexual
Wired L O V E

Well, trust I've been informed on EVERYTHING Harry Potter. I know die hard potter heads. Its just... I don't know. I don't see the spark I had when I read the preview from when I read the back of the Hunger Games.

for me, lord of the rings and star wars come first, then harry potter, then the hunger games comes a very close second to harry potter, and twilight doesn't make it on my list.
-bedsexual
Wired L O V E
-bedsexual
Wired L O V E
-bedsexual
Wired L O V E

for me, lord of the rings and star wars come first, then harry potter, then the hunger games comes a very close second to harry potter, and twilight doesn't make it on my list.

For me it's the Hunger Games first,then this one book with a Korean girl that plays violin (it bothers me that I can't remember the name), and then the Percy Jackson series. Twilight was a waste of my time. Only makes it for a popular,mainstream teenage girl.
EDIT: The book is called "Good Enough" by Paula Yoo.

Friendly Businesswoman

8,750 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
HP, hands down.
I am all for Harry Potter!!!!
HARRY POTTERRRRRRR!!!!! scream
harry potter
definitely better than twilight. though, I've never read the hunger games, so it wouldn't be fair for me to compare them quite yet.

Hilarious Gawker

6,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100
The hunger games! Katniss andPeeta are such a cute couple! Gale looks soo much like i imagined! I almost done with the 1st hungergames book like 50 pages left!! mrgreen

Bashful Shapeshifter

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Millionaire 200
The Hunger Games. mrgreen Harry Potter I liked but way too many books but the movies are great. No comment on twilight.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff