hp, thg, or twilight?

harry potter 0.45430809399478 45.4% [ 522 ]
the hunger games 0.4917319408181 49.2% [ 565 ]
twilight 0.053959965187119 5.4% [ 62 ]
Total Votes:[ 1149 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 31 32 33 > >>

CHECK OUT PICS (CHANGES MADE):

HARRY POTTER

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

- The Harry Potter books have BROKEN RECORDS AND OUTSTANDING STATISTICS.

- The final book was the fastest selling book of all time, having 11 million copies sold in the first 24 hours.

- The novels were on the New York Times bestseller list for Childrens Literature for 79 STRAIGHT WEEKS.

- Video games, lego set!

- Pottermore.com!

- Deathly Hallows broke the preorder record from Barnes and Noble, with over 500,000 preorders.

- The series is one of the most translated in history.

- There are many famous people that love Harry Potter: Michael Jackson, Barack Obama & Family, Jennifer Lawrence, Stephen King, The Pretty Little Liar Cast, Josh Hutcherson, Vanessa Hudgens, Selena Gomez, Rob Kardashian, Amanda Bynes, Miley Cyrus, Kellan Lutz, Oprah Winfrey, Keira Knightley, Robert Pattinson, Lupe Fiasco, etc.

- As of June 2011, the series has sold over 450 million copies.

- The Harry Potter film franchise is THE HIGHEST GROSSING FILM FRANCHISE OF ALL TIME. They have also broken many records.

- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 broke the record of advanced ticket sales, making over $32 million.

- Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 2 is #3 in the overall Box Office.

- There is an entire theme park (soon to be two) based on Harry Potter. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqx952CHqc1qgxtzk.jpg

- There are Harry Potter Exhibitions that travel the WORLD:
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqz9s5Jymv1qgxtzk.jpg

- The MOST REBLOGGED AND LIKED POST ON TUMBLR IS HARRY POTTER RELATED (THERE ARE MORE TODAY):
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqz9zxAjPI1qgxtzk.jpg

- The Fandom in the book section with the most fanfics on fanfiction.net is HARRY POTTER. There are currently 545, 422 fanfics. It INCREASES EVERY DAY (THERE ARE MORE TODAY).
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqzcjoZyDt1qgxtzk.jpg

- There are hundreds, perhaps THOUSANDS of Harry Potter Fansites on the Web:

- There are thousands of merchandise for the Harry Potter Series. The Harry Potter Brand is worth over $15 BILLION.

- Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is the #1 school muggles would attend if they could.

- The term “Muggle” is an official word in the Oxford English Dictionary.

- When the books were about to be released, or the movie premieres were coming up, Potterheads camped out FOR DAYS.

- There are Harry Potter Musicals:

- There are Harry Potter Puppet Shows:

- The Harry Potter Series has been mentioned and parodied in many famous TV shows.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqzc1nuKfL1qgxtzk.jpg

- Every 30 seconds, someone reads Harry Potter.

THE HUNGER GAMES

User Image
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

1. Wes Bentley’s Beard!
2. Stanley Tucci’s Hair-do. Plus: Acting!
3. Elizabeth Banks’ Make Up!
4. Katniss & Peeta’s Flaming Parade Costumes! Fire!
5. Lenny Kravitz as a Costume Designer!
6. The “Apple” Scene!
7. Realistic Depiction of Acid Trip-style Hallucinations induced by Tracker Jacker Wasp Stings!
8. Josh Hutcherson: Hot!
9. “First Date with Crush: Camping Trip from Hell!”
10. Woody Harrelson kind of Playing Himself!

TWILIGHT

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image
User Image

User Image

Sales of sci-fi and fantasy have grown by almost 20 per cent in the past five years with industry analysts identifying the 'Twilight Effect' as the main reason.
The 2008 film Twilight, which was released on DVD in Britain last April, was based on the series of vampire romance novels of the same name by the American author Stephanie Myers.
It was followed by the release of the second film in the Twilight Saga, New Moon, in November, with a graphic novel due out in March.
Researchers at Mintel found that almost one in three older children and teenagers enjoy sci-fi/fantasy books, up from 18 per cent in 2005. Overall, over one in ten readers go on to read a title after seeing the film or TV version.
Other writers whose sales have increased on the back of the popularity of Twilight include Neil Gaiman, an English fantasy writer whose work includes The Sandman graphic novel. His novel Stardust was turned into a film starring Robert De Niro, Claire Daines and Michelle Pfeiffer.
the Harry Potter books got better and better, besides Order of the Phoenix. The movies were pretty good also.
the Hunger Games book was really good, the second one ehh, the third one was a huge disappointment.
and for Twilight, no comment.

edit: Harry Potter hands down!
heart HARRY POTTER BY FARRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I fear the debating abilities for the thread are gonna start lacking, all over again. crying
-bedsexual
the Harry Potter books got better and better, besides Order of the Phoenix. The movies were pretty good also.
the Hunger Games book was really good, the second one ehh, the third one was a huge disappointment.
and for Twilight, no comment.

This says it all
The Lord of the Rings. xd xd xd xd xd xd xd
Javier Cross
I fear the debating abilities for the thread are gonna start lacking, all over again. crying

Debating? My friend as I have mentioned to you in the past this thread is nothing more then a popularity contest. It is sad because some YA Novels deserve to be given proper credence to such as Harry Potter. I have not read the Hunger Games, but the basic premise well having historical and literary significance is unique in the fact it places teens in a role historically reserved for adult males.
Kurokashi-san
Javier Cross

Debating? My friend as I have mentioned to you in the past this thread is nothing more then a popularity contest. It is sad because some YA Novels deserve to be given proper credence to such as Harry Potter. I have not read the Hunger Games, but the basic premise well having historical and literary significance is unique in the fact it places teens in a role historically reserved for adult males.

Exactly why didn't the creator of the thread bother to keep in mind that we deserve a thread made for actual debating, I really don't know.
All I know is that Mockingjay has depression levels to rival the Aeneid, itself. emo
Javier Cross
Kurokashi-san
Javier Cross

Exactly why didn't the creator of the thread bother to keep in mind that we deserve a thread made for actual debating, I really don't know.
All I know is that Mockingjay has depression levels to rival the Aeneid, itself. emo

I'm working out an idea for a thread that should lead to actual discussion/debate on literature in general that I should have up later tonight or in the morning.
Kurokashi-san
Javier Cross
Kurokashi-san
Javier Cross

I'm working out an idea for a thread that should lead to actual discussion/debate on literature in general that I should have up later tonight or in the morning.

Alright, Kurokashi.
When its done, please let me know so I can join up on there, alright?
I also happen to be running an R.P group that I'm trying to gather actual debaters for, find out which ones happened to be able-bodied role-players, and then recruit them as needed, is that reasonable?
Javier Cross
Kurokashi-san
Javier Cross
Kurokashi-san
Javier Cross

Alright, Kurokashi.
I also happen to be running an R.P group that I'm trying to gather actual debaters for, find out which ones happened to be able-bodied role-players, and then recruit them as needed, is that reasonable?

Thanks Javier, I'll let you know.

Let me know about your RP group I'll see about joining up when I can.
Kurokashi-san
Javier Cross
Kurokashi-san
Javier Cross
Kurokashi-san
Javier Cross

Alright, Kurokashi.

Thanks, I wish you the best of odds!

This thread says it all, we need role-players since we don't have enough to get started on building up a fleet, and the group's take on the Potter-world has it take place 4-5 years after the destruction of Tom Riddle/Voldemort, particularly speaking!

Fair to warn you, the Camp Half-Blood parts has spoilers for the 1st 5 main storyline volumes and the Demigod Files, so you might want to brush up on those ASAP before you get to the CHB parts, while the Potter-world and Artemis Fowl parts are just starting up, in particular.
Javier Cross
Kurokashi-san
Javier Cross
Kurokashi-san
Javier Cross

Alright, Kurokashi.

Thanks, I wish you the best of odds!

This thread says it all, we need role-players since we don't have enough to get started on building up a fleet, and the group's take on the Potter-world has it take place 4-5 years after the destruction of Tom Riddle/Voldemort, particularly speaking!

Fair to warn you, the Camp Half-Blood parts has spoilers for the 1st 5 main storyline volumes and the Demigod Files, so you might want to brush up on those ASAP before you get to the CHB parts, while the Potter-world and Artemis Fowl parts are just starting up, in particular.

Thanks for the info I'll check it out.

5,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
Well I, personally like all of them. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers