Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did you think the movie was true to the story?

Yes. 0.72 72.0% [ 18 ]
No. 0.28 28.0% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 25 ]
1 2 >

Businessman

I first saw the movie
and after readed the book.

In my opinion
the book was better.

Now I'm reading the 2nd book
of the triology.
Gold Leopard
I first saw the movie

In my opinion
the book was better.

of the triology.

Same. I read Hunger Games before I saw the movie. And I agree that the book was far better. Books will always be better than the movies.
I'm satisfied.
I love this movie!!!!!

Salty Dreamer

45,125 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Hero 100
I felt the movie was true overall. It did feel like Katniss was defying the Capital at the end more than just saving her skin as she was in the book. I saw the movie first and loved it. I remember the adrenaline rush I got just sitting there as she ascended into the arena. Then I read the book, and loved that as well. I guess I like them the same? I would totally go see the movie again.
i say that the book was way better because it had more details cool
if u think the book was better than the movie post yes if not post no

5,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
The CG in the movie sucked balls!!!

5,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200
The book was better. :<
I absolutely love hearing Katniss's internal monologue rofl Can't really do that in a film...
Plus the book had way mroe details, and the movie left out lots of stuff, including Madge crying
I read the book way before I even knew there was a movie coming out about it. For me, the movie was highly anticipated. It did not disappoint me in the slightest.

The cinematography was gorgeous, the script-writing was brilliant and the casting was just perfect. The changes were minor and understandable given time and budget constraints. I also enjoyed the added 'Capitol-Vision'/Behind-The-Scenes footage of the games and President Snow in the movie that the book didn't have because the book was in First person POV.

For me there is no competition between the Hunger Games book and movie, they're more like a team. They compliment each other, like two sides to the same coin, different but the same.

Interesting Smoker

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Gold Leopard
I first saw the movie

In my opinion
the book was better.

of the triology.

Friendly Explorer

4,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

kill anime's Wife

Alien Pal

mostly, but the way she recieved the mockingjay pin was completely different, and Peetas leg didn't get cut off. but other than that it was pretty accurate i think

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff